005

loving you

//WIN era//

it was a late (or rather, early) 3AM in the dead silent night, when normal people would be asleep, but the yg trainees had barely ended their practice for the day at that time. team B had been busy preparing for the upcoming 'battle' against team A, continuously straining their voives and overworking their bodies, it was about time to return home to get some rest, before returning to the same hectic routine the following day. 

team B had dispersed, with jiwon and hanbin staying back in the studio to work on the song for a little longer while the remaining 4 were set to return home. their dorm was a 10 minute walk which would be a perfectly resonable distance to cover on foot, but for the young boys to drag their tired bodies back, it was just pure torture.

junhoe would say the same, but he had slowly grown to appreciate the 10 minutes journey back to their safe haven. their tiring practices the day barely left him with any time and energy to spend with his jinhwan hyung. but during that 10 minutes, they basked in the warmth of each other's company, walking side by side with their fingers interlocked in the comfortable silenced than engulfed them. with the occassional gaze that jinhwan gave him lovingly, he was once again assured about the reciprocrated feelings that jinhwan had for him.

it was the same thing that night, after yunhyeong and donghyuk left for the nearby convinience store, wanting to get some food. the duo's hands were tightly locked in each other's grasps once again.

"hyung, are you tired?" 

jinhwan tilted his head up to meet junhoe's eyes. despite knowing the younger for more than a year and being in a relationship with him for a few months already, he really wondered what exactly went through junhoe's mind. everyday at the yg training centre was a tiring day, and the trainees themselves knew this fact better than anyone else. not knowing how to reply, he merely just laughed it off with a "i'm still well and alive and talking to you, aren't i?"

but he was shocked to see junhoe bend down in front of him, telling him to get onto his back. honestly, junhoe felt that he hadn't done much for his hyung recently, so maybe he could show exaclty how much he loved the elder with small acts throughout the day. and it was mainly vocal training that day, so he still had some energy left to spare, and decided to piggyback the elder back.

when he didn't get any response from jinhwan, he took the elder's arms and draped it around his own neck before gathering up jinhwan's legs in his own arms, muttering "hold tight," as he slowly stood up. 

"june ah what are you doing?" jinhwan was still in a state of shock, but wasn't complaining how his lover willingly placed him on his back.

"giving you a piggyback hyung. when else will i get to do this?" it was true though. hardly anyone else was on the streets at 3AM, and reporters would definitely have a lot to write about should they see 2 of the most anticiapted yg trainees giving each other a piggyback in the middle of a public road. and their seemingly platonic relationship would be questioned, for sure. it was already not easy to keep his hands off jinhwan on camera, so he had to take every chance he got when the damned cameras were finally switched off. 

at that moment jinhwan just felt so overwhelmingly fond of junhoe right then, he leaned over to place a peck near the younger's face before reaching up one of his arms to ruffle junhoe's hair. "thanks."

"i expect a piggyback from you too hyung, on another day maybe."

"yah then put me down right now!!"

and junhoe leaned sideways, threatening to drop the elder without warning. when he felt jinhwan holding onto his hoodie tightly for dear life, he inwardly smiled.

---

//end of WIN, when team B lost//

jinhwan was lying on his bed, facing the wall as he slowly took in the events of the day. the WIN finally battle had just ended and the result announced. he was happy for his hyungs that they were finally going to debut, but upset for his group members and himself as well. didn't they work hard too? shouldn't they have gotten to debut as well?

being too caught up in his thoughts, the eldest hyung didn't know that tears had already pooled up in his eyes, and slowly making their way down, making a wet spot on the bedsheets. upon realisation, he desperately wiped his tears away, not wanting the other members to see him in that state. but it was too late.

he felt the bed dip down and long arms wrapping around his waist, his back hitting another's chest. it was the warmth that he was all too familiar with, but it had never felt so comforting. 

"everything will be okay. it's not over yet, we still have a long way to go." he heard junhoe say in a soft breath behind him, and was surprised that he didn't say anymore. he was thankful for the much needed silenece in the present situation, but also felt bad because of the fact the fact that the younger dongsaeng was comforting him, when it was supposed to be other way round. he could only think of how much emotional and mental support junhoe would be needing as well; he couldn't be so selfish.

he turned around, wrapping his own arms around junhoe's body. "yeah, everything is going to be alright, don't worry." jinhwan then leaned up to kiss the younger on the lips softly. he felt the pair of arms around his waist tighten.

"i love you hyung."

"i love you too." it wasn't often that junhoe spoke and initiated such affection, and jinhwan definitely did not take it for granted. he made up his mind to get back on his feet, and work hand in hand with the others towards their dream. 

~

hope you guys enjoyed it! sorry it ended a bit abruptly whoops