001

loving you

//2012//

"the three of you will meet 2 new trainees today, they will be joining you all from now all. teach them well alright?"

the trio looked at one another in confusion. they havent heard anything regarding new member additions prior to this sudden announcement from mr yg himself... but then again they weren't that surprised since it was definitely not the first time thay they were hit with huge news at the last minute...

jinhwan was not entirely sure how he was supposed (or wanted) to feel about this situation. over the past year he grew so much closer to hanbin and jiwon, they were practically brothers now. they went through literal blood sweat and tears together, for they were the only ones there for each other. they shared this unspoken bond. but to say that from today onwards, 2 complete strangers were to join their hell trainings, live in the same dorm as them, would everything change?

little did he know, it actually did.

they walked to the studio that the pair was currently practising in. jinhwan peered over the shoulders of the taller hanbin and jiwon and through the small window. they were dancing to one of bigbang's songs, and jinhwan could already easily tell that they both were way taller than him. well, what's new anyway?

'heyyyyy look who we got here! nice to see you! im jiwon, you can call me bobby if you want. im so excited to get to know you guys better herrrhereeeee" jiwon, being his usual self, ran over to the duo and draped one arm around each person. 

hanbin facepalmed. "pardon his stupidity, he's just over friendly. we don't mean to scare you off!"

"ya i'm not stupid!!!!!"

jinhwan laughed at the scene happening in front of him. but at the same time he carefully observed the expressions of the newbies. one was just still in a state of shock, which was pretty normal. however, the taller one, seemed really uncomfortable with the skinship (that he unfortunately had to get used to) and tried to pry bobby's arm away from his shoulders without intending to come of as rude. 

he walked over and pulled bobby away, and from the corner of his eye he swore that he heard a few sighs of relief. "jiwon i don't think they are that comfortable with you yet to have you throwing yourself all over them."

"hyung i thought you were on my side!!!"

---

after the much awkward first introductions, the new ragtag group of 5 sat down in the middle of the studio floor in an attempt to know each other better. they had been given the day off to help junhoe and yunhyeong (what nice names, jinhwan thought) settle in. 

jinhwan was sitting opposite junhoe, and so many things were going through his mind then. despite the fact that he still needed more time to adapt to this change, he couldn't help but think about what a unique person junhoe is. his name is one thing, but his height and raspy voice and how much he tried to avoid jiwon earlier? jinhwan tried to look at junhoe. wow, for such a young child he has such a mature face already. he wanted to find out more about junhoe (and yunhyeong). 

and just at that moment, junhoe suddenly found himself to be in the direct line of sight of jinhwan. eyes widened, (flustered) jinhwan immediately turned and looked away. awkwarddddd.

"we have been training for the past year, but don't worry, we'll help you along the way! we'll all get better together and pass the monthly evalutations with flying colours alright? we're one team now!" it had always been an unsaid matter but hanbin was sort of the leader of the team, always being the most focused, willingly giving 100% every single time, a very professional person who comes to serious issues. he tied the team well together, knowing the clear difference between rights and wrongs. junhoe and yunhyeong could definitely depend on him.

jiwon (again) slung his arms over the 2 beside him - jinhwan and junhoe. "yessss that's right we're one team one family! we'll get through all the hardships together from now" 

jinhwan laughed and nodded in agreement. but also, he couldn't stop himself, and glanced sideways, wanting to see junhoe's reaction to this. to his great amusement nothing changed from earlier, discomfort evidently showing on junhoe's face.

"im sorry hyung, i have something to say." junhoe's voice made everyone turn to him. jiwon was curious as to why the kid suddenly had something to say to him, and motioned for him to continue.

"i'm not that comfortable with people... touching me in general. could you maybe... hold it off?" junhoe then proceeded to remove jiwon's arm from himself, muttering words of apology along the way. 

hanbin laughed. "I told you!!"

"but junhoe ah you're the maknae now! couldn't you like... you know act like one? and be cuddly and cute..."

"i think you seem more like the maknae right now..."

---

then came (probably) the most troubling affair of the day - moving in. their current dorm had 3 small rooms, but more than enough space for the 5. the trio had been living in 1 room the past year, choosing to share matresses on the cold hard floor rather than take to the comfort of personal space in a room of their own. now they definitely had to split. with a simple game of rock paper scissors, it was decided : jinhwan and junhoe together, and the remaining 3 in one of the bigger rooms.

fortunately the bed frames in the storeroom were still useable. despite growing used to sleeping on matresses on the floor with arms and legs all over him, jinhwan thought that maybe it would be time for a change. after cleaning up a little, the both of them started to unpack their things, as an awkward silence started to fill the air.

oh no... what do i do? what should i say? "umm... so hows your training so far? still okay for you?"

"well i'm still here, what do you think?"

wow that sass... "hahaha don't worry now you have all of us! we'll help you should you need us"

"i think you need to help jiwon hyung first... no offence"

jinhwan could only chukle at how straightforward the boy was. "we tried a lot of things but he's still like this... but don't worry i'm not like him"

"i'm glad you aren't. i've a feeling that we'll get along well hyung." junhoe smiled.

~

that's it for now! sorry... things are going to be more happening in the following chapters i promise! (: