Let me free

Let me free.

   Six months, five days, forty five minutes since he left, this time forever, and no one can bring him back, even Seungcheol. He tried to move on, tried to forget but in the end, just came back to the same place, thinking about Jeonghan. Seungcheol wasn't a straight A student altough he was fairly inteligent, in a little room in his house where he kept al of his most adored belongins, he had all of his mehcanic tools, yes, he was a mechanic; one that lived a happy life, has got everything and anything he needed, always greeting with the biggest of smiles, always so respectful and sociable, with skill that almost no people had and when he came into his life he became even happier. A year passed and the two were living comfortably together, until one day Jeonghan got sick, they tought it was just the flu and that he would get better and live their normal lives again but everyday Jeonghan got sicker and sicker, everyone grew concerned about the boy's health and they were right, he didn't get any better. Six months ago the unexpected happened, he had passed away, so young, without living life at his fullest and Seungcheol broke down, he just loved the boy so much and now he couldn't live without him.

   It's been a month since the last time seungcheol had seen the sun light, he opted to live closed away from his friends, he erased all of his emotions, rarely looked at himself in the mirror and tidy up. Today, he got up with a different vibe from the other days, went to take a long refreshing shower, then he cleaned and fixed his hair, that was a mess, looked at himself in the mirror and said - it's over, i'm so sorry that I couldn't protect you but now I am a different person, a different Seungcheol, one without emotions, I can live like this, I just have to try... but still, I can't erase you out of my mind, I just, have to continue breathing, that's it. I'll just breathe and forget about everything.- trembling, he went to his secret lab to escape reality again, more than he was already doing it, and proceed to continue with his lastest project, #357AS, just a small box prepared to be a cyborg assistant for Seungcheol, he got the cyborg's chip made beforehand so he just really needed to construct the box for it.

 

-

 

   Days have been passing and Seungcheol began to feel so much better, in his work room, where he got all these prototypes of any cyborg you could imagine, he started his assistant robot with the help of his hidden instructions and he finalized his project in just a week, it took him by surprise he never thought that he would get better in such short time, his project now it was activated and ready to command. The first thing that Seungcheol asked the robot “Give me a To-do list for the day”- and calmy waited to the robot to do it. Minutes later he received an e-mail:

 

Sent from #357AS to Seungcheol's inbox

To-do list

  • Grocery shopping

  • Cook the meals

  • take a rest

  • start project #10J04h

 

   Seungcheol stared at the sent e-mail with wide-eyes for about two minutes before he reacted, he closed his laptop, turned off his cyborg assistant and went out mumbling a few curses, once he reached the outside he tried to calm himself down, he knew what that project was, he also knew that he needed to try it at least once; he spent that day in town trying to cool down and erase any thought of that project, he just wanted to live his life in peace, it just required to breathe but why was his memory still haunting him?, he knew if he holded onto him it would hurt, but if he let him go it would hurt even more, he felt his place was deeper than the ocean or like a dream inside another dream and he had no confidence to escape from it, moving on was definitely the best thing to try and do. Night came, and Seungcheol couldn't sleep, he was thinking about the project, what if ti actually worked? What if he could bring him back?, he definitely had to try it. He stomped out of his house and went to the nearest convenience store, one that opens twenty four hours, and bought something to eat while he waited for the mechanic store to open up the next morning.

 

   He gathered up his courage to go back with brand new tools to start his final project, he decided that he wouldn't feel discouraged if it didn't work altough a bigger part of him wished that this project would make him come back and once again have the happy life he had months ago. With the strength he gathered pushed the power button on his robot assistant, and asked it questions about his beloved project, - #357AS how do I assemble this cyborg -asked Seungcheol with little hope, - I'm gonna search the internet -said the assistant. After a few minutes, what seungcheol felt like hours, the robot finally sent the instructions to his inbox.

 

Sent from #357AS to Seungcheol's inbox:

 

- Settle on a construction material choice.

  1. Get all the parts that you robot will require (electrical and mechanical) and measure them.

  2. Brainstorm and sketch a few different designs for the frame. Don’t go into too much detail.

  3. Once you settle on a design, make sure the structure is sound and that the components would be well supported.

  4. Draw each part of your robot in paper or cardboard at 1:1 scale (real size). You can also draw them using CAD software and print them out.

  5. Test your design in CAD and in real life with your paper prototype by test fitting each part and connections.

  6. Measure everything again! and once you are absolutely sure your design is correct, start cutting the frame into the actual material. Remember, measure twice and cut once!

  7. Test fit each component before assembling the frame in case modifications are require.

  8. Fit all the components onto the frame.

   Seungcheol did as told and started assembling his Jeonghan back. It took him three days to complete his work, day and night he wouldn't miss a day of his most precious job; a little anxious but he was amazed at how real it looked, everything, from head to toe, his eyes, his nose, his lips, his beautiful long hair, him, he was back, Jeonghan was back and this time he will not lose him; he had to take a little time alone, just the thought of Jeonghan back made him a little tear eyed, eyes watered enough he didn't noticed he had started crying, emotion had took over his body and he couldn't wait for Jeonghan to wake up.

   With a deep breath and his courage gathered at a hundred percent, he opened the door to find a confused Jeonghan looking around, with cables still connected at his body, seungcheol's eyes lit up and a smile curved at his lips, it's been a long time since he last smiled. Just when he was about to greet the confused boy the computer started making beeping noises making him change his view target. He had an Error, Jeonghan had it and before Seungcheol could try to fix this he shut down, eyelids closing to a peaceful sleep; the error was in his right leg so he had to disconnect that part, arrange it, and then put it back in its place. After an hour he had the leg part perfectly fixed, so he sat Jeonghan in a chair near his computer and plugged in his leg back.

Seungcheol proceeded to search for the memory chip, the one that had all his life summed up in that tiny square, when he finally found it he was ready to install it on Jeonghan. So he opened a small device controller box in the back of his neck and plugged in the memory chip. Seungcheol waited anxious while Jeonghan was reading the chip; in Jeonghan's head were passing memories, from his first day of school, when he met all of his friends, memories of his birthday parties, memories of his parents, puppies, and every place he went normally and of course, all the memories of him and Seungcheol, when they first met, when they first talked, when they moved together, their first kiss, when they fell in love, everything, even his death, then his head made beeping sounds, alerting that charging was complete, he opened his eyes and saw a Seungcheol looking away with a hint of fear and dissapointment on his eyes, he just smiled at him.

   Something was bugging Jeonghan, in his panoramic vision there was a red lighting twinkling, he knew something was up but he decided to search it later, he moved his vision to the boy standing in front of him and with such simple words – Hey, long time no see Hannie- he just got up and hugged him with all of his strenght. Project #10J04h completed, the angel is back. Words cannot describe how happy both of them were at the moment, so Seungcheol just suggested that they spend the evening together, like the old times, they baked cookies, and watched a lot of movies, Seungcheol updated Jeonghan on how was his life before he reconstructed him and while making a deep conversation Seungcheol fell asleep.

   Jeonghan took this oportunity to go and search the thing that was bugging him before, he went in the direction of the red lighting and found a box, inside of it was a note that said “Jeonghan's belonging”, it was a chip and it made him more confused than he already was so he inserted the chip in his neck compartment, Jeonghan couldn't believe what he was seeing...

The sounds of someone pounding on the door waked Seungcheol up, and he grew scared, he knew exactly who it was and why they were in his house, even if he denied it, even if he didn't want to believe it, he also knew that Jeonghan was aware of it, his creation was illegal. The secret police entered his house and went in search for Jeonghan, he was indeed illegal, but Seungcheol didn't want them to disconnect him, “I think a miss you more, and I also think it's more dangerous than before” he tought in the end it was all he had so he fought the police and went to the room where Jeonghan was, grabbed his hand and took him out of his house; They hid in some tree where they thought the'd be safe, after a few minutes of silence Jeonghan spoke – Cheol ah, I need you to trust me in this, I know I can't be here for a long time -even though he sounded calm Seungcheol knew he was just as scared as he was. -I trust you -he answered. So Jeonghan extended his arm and made him turn so his back was facing him, he grabbed some of his hair in his hands and looked for his compartment, when he found it he just opened it and took the chip out of his pants pocket to plug it into Seungcheol's head compartment and waited.

   Seungcheol was confused for a moment, and Jeonghan wasn't making it any better, then he realized the truth, he was also a cyborg, not just any cyborg, he was Jeonghan's creation. Memories flashed before Seungcheol's eyes. He knek what was best at this moment, so he turned back to face Jeonghan and nodded; Jeonghan took Seungcheol's hand in his as they made their way to the house's atic, taking steps saying nothing, words weren't needed at this moment, their last moment, they wanted to pass in peace.

 

-  

 

   They closed and locked the atic door, the lights to find another room like Seungcheol's work place, just that this one was for dismantling the robots. Both were just looking at the distance, their heart's were limping as this was the end of their roads, already a decision made, Jeonghan took a deep breath and sighed, he was about to move closer to the machine until Seungcheol grabbed his face and pulled it closer to his, they shared a last kiss, full of emotion, passion and love. Seungcheol then proceeded to turn on the machine and walked over with Jeonghan hand in hand, they lied down in the bed and let the machine do the dismantle, they were looking at eachother's eyes not loosing sight of them Jeonghan whispered a last – 사랑해- still serious Seungcheol said back - 나도 사랑해 – as they took their last breath, being ensambled into a cyborg heart.

 

---------

Hi!! this is actually my first fanfic, inspired by Vixx's error music video (and lyrics) i hope you like it ! :).

sorry if there is some grammar mistakes as english is not my first language.