Change

Airplane

Hanbin looked up from his plate. Everything was too new to him. It used to be just his sister and their mother with him eating dinner at the large dinner table. But this was something else, Jinhwan was sitting next to a big empty seat where his father was suppose to sit and Chanwoo was sitting on his left beside Jinhwan and Hanbyul on his right beside Junhoe. Everyone was quiet and just waiting for his father to come down from his room. Like always, Hanbin didn't like the quiet so he was tapping on his feet quite impatiently waiting for something to happen. Hanbyul being the sister that knew everything about her brother except about him knew that her brother is uncomfortable.

 

"So, how was the States? Did you make new friends?" Hanbyul said striking up a conversation with her brother to make him feel more comfortable. But that subject didn't help at all for Hanbin. If he could, he doesn't want to talk about what happened... 

 

"It was fine. I had a few friends there." Hanbin said as he shifted his seat a little trying hard not to worry his sister. "Why are we waiting for Appa? Was I gone that long? Because I pretty sure back then we never really had family meals aside from all the special occassions." Hanbyul sighed and looked over to her fathers seat. 

 

"He is trying hard to change Hanbin Oppa, he just needs a bit of time." Hanbyul said sadly. Hanbin knew that expression very well. It was the look that happens everytime Hanbyul was trying to keep something from him. "What's wrong?" Hanbin's voice suddenly turned cold and serious towards his sister. His rarely used that voice on to his sister. This was the second time he used it and it scared his sister. It just sounded to distant and nothing like her normal brother that she loved.

 

"Nothing." She managed to squeek out but her brother was not having it. He was already in a different world. Thoughts were running through his mind and he hated the thoughts. Suddenly, came in a man big and resembled a bit like Hanbin. He was wearing a suit and was wearing an old watch that Hanbin's grandfather gave to him. 

 

"I am sorry I am late. The meeting went on longer than usual." His deep voice pulled Hanbin out of his train of thought as he looked over to his father. "It's okay." Hanbyul said excusing her father as usual. Hanbyul resembled her mother alot and Hanbin loved that about her and it made him want to protect her even more. 

 

"Hanbin, Welcome home." Mr. Kim said as he welcomed back his son who was just staring blankly at him. He smiled at his son and sighed. He knew it was going to take time for his son to finally open up to him and make ameends. 
 

"It doesn't feel like home anymore tho." Hanbin said coldly as he drank the warm water infront of him. Hanbyul was about to say something to her brother when Mr. Kim stopped her saying that it was fine. 

 

"You might not remember them but I trust that you guys have formally introduced each other. Jinhwan said your flight was delayed, how are you feeling?" Mr.Kim said still trying hard to get through his son. Hanbin sighed and looked back at his plate. "It was fine." 

 

 

There was a pause of silence and Mr. Kim had thought it was better for them to start eating and leave the questions for later. During dinner, Hanbin didn't have an appetite so he was basically just playing with his food. There was too much in his mind that people were afraid to ask if he was really okay or not.

"I am going up to my room." Hanbin said trying to excuse himself from the table. Mr. Kim just rubbed his temples as he watched as his son went up the stairs to the room.

 

"Chanwoo." Mr.Kim said slowly. Chanwoo looked dazed because after the sudden change of atmosphere he swore he was already afraid of Hanbin. "With all due respect, Mr.Kim. I think I should go talk to him. Chanwoo doesn't know what he is doing." Jinhwan stepping up as he saw the frightened look on his little dongsaeng. "I am already finish with my food anyways." He added on

 

Mr.Kim looked at Jinhwan and at his plate. He waved the older off telling him that he could go. Chanwoo gave a grateful smile towards his hyung and watch as Jinhwan following Hanbins steps. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After walking off to his room, he didn't know what to do. So he was basically pacing around the room not sure as what to do at the moment. 

 

"Are you going to keep pacing or are you going to lie down and think it over?" Jinhwan voice suddenly appeared startling Hanbin getting a second mini heart attack of the day. 

 

"You use to lie down and think things over when you are frustrated." Hanbin raised an eyebrow at Jinhwan. How did the older know that? 


"Does my father tell you everything about me?"Hanbin asked. His tone was back to normal but there was still a glint of distance in his face. "No, I just know a lot about you. But I got to admit. You have changed alot since the last time I saw you." Jinhwan said as he went over to the edge of hanbin's bed. 

 

"What do you mean the last time you saw me?" Hanbin was trying hard to remember Jinhwan but he couldn't remember anything. 
 

"We've meet a few times but I don't think you remember me. I look different then I was before and we weren't that close." Hanbin looked at Jinhwan closely. And that's when it finally hit him, it was the nerdy hyung that used to see from time to time at his house when he was younger. "NERD HYUNG!" Hanbin suddenly bursted out in to a fit of laughter which made Jinhwan rolled his eyes at the younger. He knew he should have acted like he didn't knew the younger. The younger used to be much more quieter but now he is just so talkative just like what his father said he would be. 

 

"Wow, you have changed a lot hyung." Hanbin said excitedly forgetting his worries for a while. "Yea. Puberty." He nodding his head. Hanbin started to laugh on the bed with tears forming in his eyes. 

 

"HAhahahahaha! P-pube-- puberty! Hyung if you had puberty you would have been taller. Tell me truthfully, did you get 'work' done?" Hanbin said laughing as he looked around Jinhwan's face to tease the older. Jinhwan just rolled his eyes and ignored the younger's comment. 

 

"So why didn't you eat dinner today?" Jinhwan finally asked making Hanbin stop his pit of laughter. "I am not hungry." Hanbin said as he stayed frozen lying on his bed staring at the ceiling. 

 

"I doubt it." Jinhwan mumbled as he laid down next to the younger. "I don't know. I guess everything is changing to fast that I kind of needed a little space to breathe."  Jinhwan smiled and looked at the younger and patted his head. 
 

"Sometimes change is good." Jinhwan said looking back up to the ceiling. "Maybe." Hanbin sighed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Hanbin was getting ready for his first day of work. He had to convince to the board that he is capable enough to run the business and he is not just a spoilt rich kid. A soft knock came through the door and Hanbin told the visitor to come in. 

 

"The car is here..." Chanwoo said slowly but loud enough so that Hanbin could hear him. Hanbin just nodded his head and walked out of the room. Chanwoo was holding his breath as he watched his boss walked down the stairs towards the doors where the maids were lined up. Jinhwan came down next to Chanwoo and patted the youngers back. 

 

"Just be lucky you're not with Mr. Kim." Jinhwan said. Chanwoo pouted and looked at his hyung. "I think I am better of with Mr. Kim." Chanwoo said shaking his head as he followed behind Hanbin who was now talking to his father. 

 

"I heard Yunhyeong is going to be at the meeting today." Chanwoo raised an eyebrow in interest. It's not often that his boyfriend would have to drop by at the Kim's Design and Comestics HQ. "He is standing in his father today. Basically voting on if your new boss is fit for you or not." 

 

"What are you trying to say here hyung?" Chanwoo asked as he squinted his eyes at Jinhwan. Jinhwan just chuckled and ruffled the youngers hair messing it up a little. "Nothing. I was just trying to make you nervous. Guess it works. The almighty Chanwoo does have a scared side after all." Jinhwan said laughing.

 

Chanwoo rolled his eyes and walked faster as he opened the door for Hanbin. Hanbin smiled at him and went in the car after thanking Chanwoo. Maybe it wasn't going to be bad working for Hanbin after all.

 

 

 

After the 30 minutes ride, Chanwoo was briefing everything to Hanbin trying hard not to miss any detail.  Hanbin just listened intently as he and hearing music on his earphones in the other ear facing the window. 

 

"So the company sales are not selling with the teens?" Hanbin asked as he looked over the papers on his lap.

 

"We are going to sign a label with a rapper. He is quite famous in Korea. But he doesn't seem to want to answer our calls and he isn't currently not in Korea right now. He was our last shot in getting to pull the teen crowds. Our brand is the only that doesn't have a young ambassador." Hanbin nodded his head in understandment as he flipped the pages trying to find about the project Chanwoo was talking about. Hanbin's heart dropped when he saw a familiar face but in a sophisticated picture. A picture that was unfamiliar to Hanbin. 

 

"Is this him?" Hanbin said showing his poker face trying hard not to feel effected. Chanwoo nodded his head as he looked over to the picture. "Yes, thats--" 

 

"Bobby." Hanbin said cutting Chanwoo's word.

 

"Are you sure he is the last resort? I am sure there is alot of other celeb--" 

 

"The other famous ones are all ambassadors for other cosmetics and clothing companies. No one had been able to get hold of Bobby yet, and if we get him then--" 

 

"Then we will get the big win because if we get Bobby, we also get iKon. And if we get iKon we get Big Bang. The whole package." Chanwoo looked at Hanbin amazed. Hanbin knew a lot about how the system works and it amazed the younger. 

 

"Yes, but that is only if we can get Bobby. He won't be in Korea until October which is 6 more months. He never takes any calls from us or any of the other competitors." Hanbin nodded his head and just continued reading the papers. He knew the older well enough to know that the older didn't like promoting other things besides music.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All the way, Hanbin couldn't get Chanwoo's words out of his head. 6 more months and he would have to face the same person that left him at the airport. The same man that left a poor Kim Hanbin broken hearted.

 

"Are you okay, young master?" Chanwoo asked as he waved his hands infront of Hanbin. Hanbin snapped out of his day dream and nodded his head. Chanwoo had already opened the door for him as and let him come out of the car. Junhoe gave him a thumbs up and drove off as Chanwoo closed the door. Mr. Kim was already waiting for him outside so that they could walk in together. 

 

"Chanwoo." Suddenly, a male in his early 20's came towards Hanbin and Mr.Kim with two secretaries and a bunch of other older men behind them. Chanwoo silently cursed and looked at Yunhyeong expressionless. Yunhyeong pouted and called for his secretary to hand him a file. 

 

"Hello, Mr. Kim!" Yunhyeong said excitedly as he hugged the old man. Mr. Kim laughed and hugged the younger back. Everyone knew that the younger had always acted on his own will. Just because he acted in his own will that he managed to get his father company running better than before. "Donghyuk!" Yunhyeong said smiling like a goof ball as he looked over to his boyfriend. 

 

"This is for the new kid." Yunhyeong said handing over a file towards Hanbin. Hanbin looked at it for a while before finally opening it and seeing what it was. It was a contract.

 

"A contract?" Hanbin asked as he looked over to Yunhyeong like he was expecting the older to say he gave the younger the wrong file. Yunhyeong just smiled and nodded his head. 

 

"Read it." Yunhyeong said pointing over at the contract. Mr. Kim rolled his eyes and so did the other men behind Hanbin because they have been through this multiple of times but just because the younger was very powerful and smart they had ignored the boy when he is being a love sick puppy. 

 

"I.. Kim Hanbin. Will promise to not over work Song Yunhyeong's Boyfriend, Jung Chanwoo so that Chanwoo Could forever have enough energy to pay attention to Song Yunhyeong?" Hanbin raised his eyebrow as uncertainty towards the male in front of his. He glanced over to everyone, they all gave him the look saying that he was being serious about the contract. Hanbin loked over to Chanwoo and handed the contract over to the boy. 

 

"I am letting you handle this. This sounds more about the matters of your love life and nothing that has to do with me." Hanbin said as he looked over to Chanwoo and Yunhyeong. Hanbin was the first ever to not recieve a death glare from Yunhyeong. His death glare usually means that he would have a troubles with the younger. Yunhyeong was an opponent that you didn't want to mess with. He might show that he was immature sometimes but during meetings and doing work, he was a different and more confident boy than he is now. Yunhyeong just smiled at Hanbin and looked over to his boyfriend.

 

"Mr. Song. This contract is denied. The other isuess relating to this contract will be discuss with the respective parties after the end of the stock holders meeting." Chanwoo said professionally ignoring the olders pout. The older sighed deeply and just went over to link hands with Hanbin. "Look how he treats me~ I don't know why I am madly in love with that boy."Yunhyeong said shaking his head as he dragged Hanbin towards the hall that the meeting was going to be held. 

 

"I am sure we will be great friends. I am Song Yunhyeong and this is my secretary Kim Donghyuk. I might seem like a 10 year old to you right now but you'll get used to it. From now on, I am going to be your mentor since I was the same age as you when I joined." Chanwoo and Jinhwan just shook their heads at Yunhyeong.

 

"He is extra chippy today by the way." Donghyuk said pouting. "He couldn't find his lip balm?" Chanwoo asked rolling his eyes. Why did he have to ask. He knew the answer to it anyways.

 

"Yes." 

 

"This is going to be a long day." Jinhwan said knowing what that means when Yunhyeong didn't have his favourite lip balm. No lip balm=Scary 101 questions Work Yun.

 

Change... Hanbin was not happy with this change at all