Changes

Opposite Attracts

I quickly ran as soon as I felt someone following me. Our headquarters was just minutes away so I dashed towards it and quickly closed the door behind me. I then heard a loud thud and assumed that the other person slammed her palm against the door when she discovered she was too late to catch up to me.


"Better luck next time, Bae!" I shouted and heard a grunt accompanied with another slam.


"Come on, open the freaking door."


"Nah, what do you want? I don't have any food here." Well, I was a little bit lying when I said that. Since Yoona-unnie is a shikshin, we store up food in the fridge because everytime she enters the headquarters, she always asks for food. 


"I want to clarify things." She reasoned out and was knocking violently at the door with so much force. Holy cr*p! I hope she doesn't destroy the freaking door! We paid so much just to purchase that door. I then faced the mirror just beside the door and looked at myself. 


I noticed the scar above my right eyebrow. This was a deep wound, I remember. I got this when a girl at a coffee shop was assaulted by some weird guys who were studying at a university just across the shop. Turns out she knew the guys because they were studying at the same university and were classmates since first year.
 


*2 months ago*

"You listen to me! Lend me the money or I'll just tell your mother that her only daughter is a lesbo! You don't want that, do you?" I heard one of the guys whispered to the girl who was behind my seat. Clearly, I would hear them since their table is just beside mine and the girl was situated behind me.


"You, y-you w-wouldn't do that, r-right?" The girl quivered as she spoke. Something triggered inside of me and I instantly perked up when I heard some shuffling noises behind me. Probably one of the guys move towards her or something.


"I won't if you will just give me the money." 


"Yeah. And maybe, a little trip to the bathroom and have a quickie would suffice." Another guy suggested and I felt the atmosphere became awkward. I glanced towards their table and the girl hesitantly and with shaking hands, handed the money to a guy dressed in a red t-shirt and a round cap facing backwards. One of the guys who was smiling a little bit too much for my liking, which I assume suggested the trip to the bathroom, was well, smiling widely, as he grabbed the girl's hand and intertwined it with his hand.


Who the h*ll are these b**tards? Who the h*ll told them they have the right to assault this girl who can't even defend herself because of fear? Again, I felt sorry for the girl and even if it wasn't my freaking business, I interfered.


"*ssholes!" I exclaimed, just enough for them to hear and not disturb the calm atmosphere of the cafe. A guy wearing a black long-sleeved shirt then stood up and went towards to where I was sitting.


"Are you referring to us?" He asked and I chuckled at him, sarcasm laced in my voice.


"Of course, you dumb id*ot! Who else am I referring to? Dumb*ss!" I exclaimed and took a sip from the coffee I ordered a while ago. He looked at me, amusement and fire evident in his eyes. The girl then stood up and looked at me intently.


'Don't.' She mouthed but I shook my head. She doesn't deserve this kind of treatment because I am in a similar situation as her. She deserves happiness, just like a normal person would. And these b*stards are ruining it. It's a shame, really, that people are like this. Wait, no. It's a shame that some people, like these guys, are like this and are treating people differently because they decided to break the norms of the society. What the h*ll?! I would just mind my own d*mn business if I were them. They didn't even do anything bad or harmful so why punish them?


"What do you want?" Asked the other one who was wearing a yellow flannel shirt over a white sando. Soon, the four guys gathered at my table and was looking at me. Nope, more like, glaring at me. They were pissed and I just need to add some comments here and there, and...


"A fight."


"Jinjja? Hahaha, are you freaking kidding me, young girl?" The one who accepted the money, the guy in a red t-shirt, clearly enjoying at the same time, controlling his anger, asked and smiled at me. The other guys followed suit and I stood up and threw my coffee on his shirt, and smiled. Gosh, waiting for the gang would be entertaining since these guys are here! Playtime for me.


"No. Why would I? You're a coward aren't you? Try me, mister." I challenged him as he lunged forward, his right arm aimed for my left cheek but I quickly dodged it. I then took this as a chance and aimed my right arm at his stomach. He growled in pain as people started to freak out and that's when all h*ll broke loose. It was fun until a guy got me and hit my eyebrow.


The ending, I got them to say sorry to the girl and promised that they'll never bother her again. Also, they said that they'll keep her s*xuality a secret and if ever something happens, I'll personally kill them, one by one. Just kidding, I'll personally beat them up. I gave my phone number to the girl, and learned her name was Seohyun and told her to contact me if anything happens. We became friends but that was it. She was a really sweet girl and she's deeply in love with a girl named Hyoyeon. After the incident though, the gang brought me to the hospital to treat my bruises and wound and Seohyun and her girl was happily living their life at the university.
 


And, that's how I got this scar.


"Yah! Son! Are you listening to me?" Irene shouted from the outside and was still slamming her palm in the door. I then absentmindedly punched the mirror whilst I tried to recover from zoning out.


"What the h*ll was that? Wendy?! Open this d*mn door!"


"What's up with you? Shouting to me like you know me. Go away!" I told her and inspected my hand. Blood seeped out from my knuckles and some mirror shards cut through my skin. But, it was fine and it's far from the intestines.


"I heard something breaking! Open up." She reasoned out and twisted the doorknob with force. This girl is annoying as h*ll. What did I do to make her follow me here when I don't even know her. The nerve of this woman...


"You're gonna break the door! Stop banging it!"


"I will stop if you open this up."


"You're stubborn." I noted and a smile ghosted over my lips. O-kay, this isn't normal anymore. Why is she making me feel and do these things? Is she really a goddess or what? This... I can't accept.


"Yah! That's my line! Now, open up." I had no choice. She's about to break the door and Tae-unnie would kill me if that happens. I opened the door with heavy heart and greeted her with an annoyed and angry face. She then smiled brightly and let herself in, passing by me without permission.


"This is a sacred place so you shouldn't just enter this place, babo!" I warned her but she ignored me. She scanned the room and spotting the thing that she heard breaking a while ago, she quickly rushed to it and looked at me in horror. I stared back at her and raised an eyebrow, questioning why she's looking at me like that.


"You broke the mirror."


"Do I still need to answer you or what? Clearly, I did."


"Wae?"


"Are you this annoying?"


"What the...your hand is bleeding! Is there a first aid kit here or some alcohol and betadine and cotton? What is wrong with you?!" She scolded and pinched my ear. I was about to scream in pain but stopped because I'm a badass and girls like me don't know what pain is. She then grabbed a handkerchief from her bag and a water bottle.


"What are you doing?" I asked as she poured the contents of the water bottle onto my wounded hand. I then bit my lip, refraining myself from screaming again. That would be embarassing and I don't want that this girl would know.


Her perfume envaded my senses again as we were just inches apart and the smell of her shampoo is a little bit, intoxicating, which made my knees wobbly but I managed to control myself before I gave in.


"Cleaning your wound. This is dangerous, I tell you. Why'd you do it?"


"None of your business, Bae." I said and tried to free myself from her grasp. My hands were sweating and the warm feeling is back again. What does this mean? Welp, I should ask Tae-unnie later. But, I have a bad feeling to what this is. It will probably haunt me for the rest of my life! Now, Wendy, think of happy thoughts! Happy thoughts only. After she cleaned my wound, she safely wrapped my hand with the handkerchief she got from her bag and smiled at me.


"The rumour isn't true, right?" She innocently asked as she stared at me. Dark brown eyes stared at cold black ones. It was gentle but deep at the same time and the way she smiled as I stared at her pulled me out of my reverie.


"What do you think?"


 


A/N: Woah! Finished the 3rd chapter! Sorry for the delay. I rewrote everything from my first draft for this chapter. Irene and Wendy's relationship here is a little bit, rocky but it will be stable soon. Keke! Didn't proofread it yet so, sorry for the mistakes in the spelling and grammar. Tell me what you think of it? Should I continue or not? Thanks for reading! I would love to hear your feedbacks! Anyways, thanks again and see you in the next chapter. Ciaossu! :)