Goddess Irene

Opposite Attracts

Lunch came and the food court was packed! Students were scattered and the food stalls were busy as h*ll! Just as I turned towards my left, I saw an empty table that will probably accompany ten people and quickly rushed towards it.


"Yo, guys! Over here!" I shouted but somebody slamed their fist on the table. I then whipped my head towards the source of noise and wasn't amused to see the ice princess together with her minions already hogging the other side of the table.


"First come, first serve! I suggest you find another table, Son." Jessica said as the girls sat down at the table. I then noticed the blonde girl again who was staring at me and it is starting to annoy me but, also, it intrigues me why she pay so much attention to me when she doesn't know me, yet.


"Aww, come on, babe! Let's just share this table! I'm freaking hungry." Taeyeon-unnie whined as she looked over at Jessica with puppy eyes.


"You! I'm not finished with you yet! Come here, you midget!" She screamed and started chasing Taeyeon-unnie. They were running and I heard Taeyeon-unnie mocking Jessica.


"Who are you calling midget? Says the one whose height is nearly similar as mine!"


"You a**hole! Get back here! And FYI, I'm taller than you!"


"I know that we're not finished yet but, baby, you need to wait until we reached your house! And also, you're just taller by just one inch!"


"You p***erted ajhumma! I swear I'm going to remove your teeth with pliers!" 


"Yah! Can we just share this freaking table? I promise that we won't be a bother! We're freaking hungry. And there aren't any vacant table. Ugh, this is bullsh*t!" Joy said as she sat at the chair and stared at us.


"Language!" The girl who resembles a bear, Seulgi, exclaimed and gave Sooyoung a look.


"It's fine, unnie. I'm used to it." The youngest of the group said and smiled at her unnies. That girl is seriously... I mean, I know we're the bad*ss here in this school but why the heck is she used to these languages? I then ignored the feeling I'm feeling and the other girls just nodded agreeing that we share the table and we just go on with our lunch.


This feeling, again. Since this morning, I felt that someone was watching me. Like, they wanted to secretly investigate me or something. I then glanced towards the other side of the table and caught the blonde goddess looking at me. She then averted her eyes as soon as she caught my sight.


"Say, Yoona-unnie, who is that girl over there? She seemed to have a liking on me as I caught her staring. Is she new or what?" I asked as I leaned over to her, only to receive a smack on my head and a pinch on my arm. I then shot her a glare and she looked at me like I've grown two heads.


"Holy crap! You don't know who that girl is? Omona! She's Bae Joohyun, also known as Irene. She's currently the apple of the eye of your batch right now." She explained and pinched my arm again. I then chuckled and looked at Yoona-unnie.


"You don't need to pinch me again, babo unnie." I growled and looked over at Irene again. So that's her name. Suits for a pretty girl like her. Now, now, what the heck am I thinking? She's pretty and that's it. Yah! Wendy! What the hell am i thinking?


This is just great! Now I'm talking with myself. Why does she have to appear now? Now that I decided to become like this. To become... this. Woah! This is deep. What am I really thinking? That girl is a no one, remember that, Wendy. Jessica got tired chasing Tae-unnie so she decided to just sit beside Tiffany and randomly grabbed someone's sandwich from her group.


"Unnie!" The girl with pigtails, Yeri, whined as she noticed the missing chicken bread on her plate. Irene looked over at Jessica and smiled at the ice princess. She then received a glare in return. Is this really how cold-hearted she is?


"You can have mine, Yeri-ah." Irene offered at the youngest and it cheered the her up. She really resembles a kid. Seulgi and Tiffany were just watching the other girls and so do we. We were quiet since the atmosphere was awkward as h*ll.


"Irene-unnie made that for me, unnie. Why are you being a meanie?"


"Now, now, Yeri-ah. Just understand your Jessi-unnie as she is depressed right now. Arasso?"


"Ne, unnie." Yeri replied with a slight pout on her face and Seulgi just pinched her cheeks. Irene joining in the the fun of the other two girls, Jessica just rolled her eyes while Tiffany smiled genuinely at the sight of the three.


"Yo! Check that out! The badass are sharing their table with the princesses. Isn't that weird?" A guy from the football club, I noticed, as he was wearing a varsity jacket, said with amusement laced in his voice.


"Those girls better be careful. Son Seungwan is at the table! Good lord!" A girl said this time, wearing a cheerleading outfit and was holding tightly in the guy's arm that I assume, is her boyfriend. They all shivered as they heard my name but, I don't freaking care! So what if I'm here? Stupid varsity players and cheerleaders!


"Have you heard the rumour though?" Another girl from the cheerleading club whispered towards her group. They all shook their heads and I glanced towards my right to find Tae-unnie already seated there, eating an apple.


"Since when?"


"Just before your staring contest with Irene."


"Okay." I deadpanned. She looked at me and smirked.


"So, you like the girl?"


"What girl?" Yoona-unnie joined in. Yuri-unnie and Joy then listened and were glancing towards me and Irene. Jessica was still shooting daggers at Taeyeon-unnie's direction and the other girls, including Irene, were busy with their food.


"That girl. This kiddo here have a great taste." Tae-unnie pointed out and smiled at me. All of them nodded and was teasing me, saying that I should make a move soon or some sh*t like that.


"Ugh, I can totally hear you from over here." Irene quietly mumbled and my cheeks involuntarily reddened. 


"Wendy's blushing, though." Yoona-unnie pointed out and whistles erupted from the gang.


"But, if she ever pursue you, will she have a chance?" This time, it was Joy who asked that silly question. I have no interest or some sort for her so why ask if I have a chance? Aish! What in the world is this sh*t?


"No." She answered without hesitation.


"That !" Taeyeon-unnie exclaimed and looked at me. I then smiled and slightly punched her arm.


"Jinjja?!" Yuri-unnie, Yoona-unnie, and Sooyoung said at the same time, clearly shocked to have hear someone turn down a date with me.


"I'm not interested with her so the feeling is mutual, alright?" I replied and smiled at the blonde goddess. I then felt something inside of me changed. Like a light bulb switch that was turned off, was . It kind of hurted but I ignored the feeling because I don't know what it is...yet.


"Yuri, Taeyeon, and Wendy sleeps around with the girls here in the campus." All the girls from the table were occupying, except from us, who were mentioned, looked over at the table where the voice came from. This is such a mood changer. Seeing it was the varsity and cheerleading club, I felt anger bubbled inside of me. I was about to stand up but a hand stopped me.


"Don't. They are not worth it." Yuri-unnie said and rubbed my back. I then stood up, grabbed my bag and told the gang I would be in the storage room if they ever need me. They nodded as they know not to mess with me when I'm in this state. That bastards over there doesn't know the whole story, yet, they judged so easily. I'm no evil person, but when somebody awakens it, that's when the evil Son Seungwan comes out and never forgives the one who caused me so much trouble.

As I entered the storage room, I didn't know that somebody have followed me and was clearly interested to where I was going to spend the rest of the time before the bell rings.

 


A/N: Ciaossu! Decided to update because I'm sort of happy today. Anyways, "Merry Christmas" to all of the readers of this story! :D It kind of went downhill because I was listening to some sad and angry and bitter songs while writing this chapter. I'm so sorry for that. I told myself not to create some kind of depressing story plots but, I clearly broke that promise. :) But, I'm going to try harder to make this story a happy and a little comedic one. Keke. :'( Anyways, tell me what you think of it? Should I continue or not? Feel free to comment. Thanks for reading! See you in the next chapter. :))