Rahyuk

Christmas Demons Collection

Wonsik had once asked his vamperic neighbor and friend Hakyeon why none of the supernatural families in their town celebrated Christmas. Hakyeon had explained that supernaturals had their own holidays to celebrate and that Christmas was for the humans. At the time Wonsik was just a little kid, only about four or five, so he hadn’t really understood.

In time, he understood. But it still made him sad that he couldn’t celebrate Christmas wish his best friend. And time made it worse as he made friends with other supernaturals; the werewolf Taekwoon, the warlock Jaehwan, and the demon brothers Hongbin and Sanghyuk.

It especially stung that he didn’t get to have Christmas with Sanghyuk.

Sure, he still got Christmas gifts for all of them. And sure they got him something in return. But it wasn’t the same. He wanted to spend Christmas Eve singing carols with his friends and Christmas Day opening gifts with them. And after he started dating Sanghyuk he wanted to do all of that and more with just Sanghyuk. Christmas was, after all, about spending time with those you loved.

But Sanghyuk had his special demon celebrations to take part in. Wonsik couldn’t go since they were held in the demon realm and humans like him couldn’t enter. It all made for one very lonely Christmas, something that made Wonsik dislike Christmas a little bit.

“You know,” Hakyeon patted the human’s shoulder softly, trying to comfort him, “you’ve still got the rest of your family.

“I know,” Wonsik sighed, “but it’s not the same. I want just one Christmas with him.”

“Have you mentioned this to him?” Hongbin asked, “He doesn’t have to go. He can stay.”

“But Sanghyuk really enjoys the demon celebration,” Wonsik argued, “I can’t just ask him to miss it. Not when I can’t do the same for him.”

“Should have dated a vampire,” Hakyeon laughed, “our celebrations are easily missed. Especially with all those new rules about drinking from humans.”

“I love Sanghyuk,” Wonsik scowled, “and I love him because he’s Sanghyuk, not because of what he is.”

“I’m touched to hear you say that, Wonsikkie,” Sanghyuk’s sudden appearance startled Hakyeon, but Hongbin just smiled and Wonsik turned to greet his lover with a kiss. He felt a little bad about poor Hakyeon, but after so many years he should be used to Sanghyuk suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

“When did you get here?” Hakyeon demanded, hand clutching his chest. As if his unbeating heart could fall victim to a heart attack.

“Long enough,” Sanghyuk shrugged, lifting Wonsik from his seat easily. He sat down in the chair himself before pulling Wonsik onto his lap.

“And you couldn’t tell us you’d arrived like a normal person because……?” Hakyeon growled.

“Because otherwise I wouldn’t be able to hear my Wonsikkie say why he loved me,” Sanghyuk replied, or hear what he wished of me.”

“Sanghyuk,” Wonsik frowned, unsure of what to say.

“I was already planning to stay with you to celebrate Christmas,” Sanghyuk smiled, turning Wonsik slightly so that he could kiss him easier, “you are, after all, supposed to spend it with those you love, yes? And I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Wonsik smiled brightly, letting Sanghyuk pull him into a deep, passionate kiss in response.

A/N: I’ve had the idea for this one since I decided to write these. So happy I found a way to work it in (originally, I thought of doing this with Hyuken, but……well, we can all figure out how that turned out).