Hyuken

Christmas Demons Collection

“Cold,” Jaehwan muttered, curling into a ball and pulling the blankets tighter around himself.

“You’re a fire demon,” Sanghyuk huffed, trying to pull the blankets back so he could be covered once more, “you don’t get cold.”

“Cold,” Jaehwan growled, tail twitching and Sanghyuk wondered if he was gonna let his wings out and knock the half demon off the bed.

Wouldn’t be the first time Jaehwan had done that.

“Whatever,” Sanghyuk sighed, getting up and wincing when his feet hit the cold, wooden floor, “I’m up, so I might as well give up trying to go back to bed.”

“Make me hot chocolate,” Jaehwan whined, poking his head out of the mess of blankets.

“Fine,” Sanghyuk laughed, “whatever you say, master.”

Jaehwan sighed at that, watching the other leave.

It was customary for demons and half demons to seek servitude under stronger demons. The world that demons lived in was a kill or be killed type of place, so it was only natural that weaker demons would pledge to serve a stronger demon in exchange for protection. Even those demons that came to the human world couldn’t shake this habit. Jaehwan’s friend Hakyeon had a couple of weaker demons living with him because of this.

And this was why Sanghyuk had come to him.

Sanghyuk had arrived at Jaehwan’s home in the human world five years prior. He was nothing but a small, weak half demon back then. Jaehwan could understand why he’d come looking for protection. But over time he grew into a capable, powerful being, one who no longer needed Jaehwan’s protection. This made Jaehwan so very proud, but it also scared him. He feared that Sanghyuk would leave his side and he didn’t want that.

He loved Sanghyuk too much to see him go.

But Sanghyuk had never left. He still called Jaehwan master and served him like a good little half demon. And over time, they grew closer and their relationship evolved into something much different from master and servant. But neither ever addressed this change. Sanghyuk especially didn’t seem want to address this. He insisted on still calling Jaehwan ‘master’ and being a good little servant.

Jaehwan wished for nothing more than to get Sanghyuk to stop that, to make Sanghyuk call him something else. Something along the lines of ‘boyfriend’ maybe? Glancing out the window at the falling snow, Jaehwan decided that this would be his Christmas wish for the year.

In the kitchen, Sanghyuk sighed to himself.

He wanted to call Jaehwan his boyfriend just as badly as Jaehwan. He wanted to be Jaehwan’s lover instead of his servant. But if they did that, others would look down on Jaehwan. It was silly and stupid, but being in a relationship with one of the demons serving you was a very frowned upon thing within the demonic social circles Jaehwan ran in. Sanghyuk didn’t want Jaehwan to look bad, to be talked badly about. Even if Jaehwan would say he didn’t care, Sanghyuk knew that the words would still hurt and he wished to spare the older that pain.

But Sanghyuk also wasn’t so stupid that he didn’t realize what Jaehwan wanted. What he most likely was wishing for this coming Christmas. And Sanghyuk wanted to grant this wish, but…….he wasn’t sure how.

“Break your contract with him,” Hongbin, one of the demons living with Hakyeon and Sanghyuk’s best friend, suggested when Sanghyuk told him of his problem a few days later.

“How would I even do that?” Sanghyuk frowned, “has anyone ever done that before?”

“I’ve got a friend who did,” Hakyeon spoke up, “it caused a bit of a……..stir, shall we say, in some circles. But that was ages ago and no one talks about it anymore.”

“More like they don’t want to,” Hongbin rolled his eyes, “if demons with crappy masters knew of a way to escape their contracts……well, that would be something.” Sanghyuk nodded in agreement.

“Could you get in contact with this friend?” Sanghyuk asked Hakyeon, “see what they can tell you?”

“Sure thing,” Hakyeon smiled, “if it helps you and Jaehwan be together, I’m all for it.”

“Thanks,” Sanghyuk smiled. He couldn’t wait to see Jaehwan’s face Christmas morning when he revealed all of this.

A/N: I am hoping that this turned out alright. I kind of brain farted once or twice while writing and kind of….lost my thoughts? I hope that didn’t mess up the story because I really liked the idea for this.