Luck

Christmas Demons Collection

“Yummy,” Sanghyuk moaned, enjoying the cookie he’d stolen from the pan Taekwoon had just taken out of the oven.

“Sanghyuk,” Taekwoon scolded the demon, “that just came out of the oven! You’ll burn yourself.”

“Nope,” Sanghyuk grinned, “ice demon, remember? Hot stuff doesn’t faze me.”

“S-still,” Taekwoon sighed, “I….never mind.”

“What were you going to say, Taekwoon?” Sanghyuk questioned, the small smirk on his face telling Taekwoon loud and clear that he already knew the reason he just wanted to hear Taekwoon say it.

“I worry about you,” Taekwoon said, years of living with his family making his more than a little hesitant to admit as much out loud.

Taekwoon’s family tree was filled with powerful magic users. His father was especially talented in the magic arts as was Taekwoon himself. That much was proven by the powerful demons both had contracted. Sanghyuk might look like just a normal, cheerful guy, but he was a very powerful ice demon. A prince in his realm if you wanted to get specific with the details.

Taekwoon’s whole family had demons contracts. Some with weaker demons, some with strong demons. But all of his family treated their demons as tools, servants. Taekwoon had grown up watching his father’s demon return each day looking more and more tired until he finally stopped coming home. Taekwoon had been only seven then, but he’d realized exactly what had happened; his father worked the powerful demon to death.

It had been then that Taekwoon had promised to treat his own demon with respect, a pledge made stronger three years later when he’d summoned and contracted Sanghyuk.

It had been hard hiding how much he cared for the demon prince growing up. His family expected him to treat Sanghyuk the same way they treated their demons. It was why Taekwoon had been overjoyed to head off to college. He got to be with his precious demon and away from his family.

He hadn’t gone back home once during his three years of college.

And yet, sometimes he still found himself unwilling to verbally admit just how much he cared for Sanghyuk. He’d spent so long being unable to worry for the other openly and sometimes old habits caught up with him.

Thankfully, Sanghyuk knew how he felt. The demon was very good at knowing Taekwoon’s thoughts and feelings, so he knew just how much he was loved.

“I’ll try not to worry you,” Sanghyuk smiled, “but I can’t help it. Your cookies are so good. It’s a shame you can’t make these all year round.”

“Christmas cookies are just for Christmas,” Taekwoon smiled slightly, lovingly pushing Sanghyuk’s bangs out of his face.

“And coffee is just for the mornings,” Sanghyuk teased, “so why do you drink it in the afternoon.”

“It’s good,” Taekwoon sighed, “fine, I’ll make these cookies other times during the year.”

“Winner,” Sanghyuk cheered, pointing to himself.

Before Taekwoon could actually react to that, Sanghyuk had kissed him and was out of the kitchen. The human sighed, smiling slightly to himself before returning to his cookies.

He really was happy he lived alone with Sanghyuk, far from his family and their views on how he should treat his boyfriend.

A/N: fluffy Luck for Christmas! Hahaha it’s like a gift to myself ‘cuz I love fluffy Luck.