The New Girl

ooh ahh's rhythm ta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, I heard there’s a new employee coming today.”

“Mm.”

“I heard she’s from Japan, that she’s hot and cute…”

“Mm.”

Hanbin rolls his eyes at Yunhyeong, who is currently typing furiously on his computer and giving him one-word answers at the same time. He feels like he’s talking to a wall, but at the same time he feels that Yunhyeong desperately needs a girlfriend now, and he thinks that the new girl coming in to the company might be that very girl.

Just as he tries to keep the conversation going, the door bursts open. Nayeon – the cheerful and energetic receptionist from downstairs – hurries in, dragging a timid-looking girl into the workplace. She has shoulder length, golden brown hair, and Hanbin has to catch his breath when Nayeon pushes her head up. If not for the fact that he was currently harbouring a crush on Nayeon, he would definitely have gone for this new girl.

“Guys! This is our new employee, Mina from Japan! Please welcome her!” Nayeon huffs out.

She lugs Mina along towards Hanbin’s and Yunhyeong’s cubicles, and leans over the glass to whisper to Hanbin.

“She’s very shy, so you or Yunhyeong show her around to get her more comfortable.”

Just then, Mina looks up and bows deeply to Hanbin. “I-It’s very nice to meet you.”

Hanbin offers her his best smile, and a plan is already formulating in his head. Yunhyeong hasn’t looked up from his computer screen once, so he ushers Mina over to Yunhyeong’s cubicle, informing her that it would be Yunhyeong showing her around the office.

When Yunhyeong finally looks up, Hanbin starts cackling loudly. Yunhyeong looks like a deer caught in the headlights; finally registering the pretty new girl that he’s going to be showing around, and he stands up straight, his chair scratching across the floor.

“N-nice to meet you, Mina, I-i’ll be your guide today.” Yunhyeong stutters.

Hanbin, in all his life, has never seen Yunhyeong stutter. He almost wants to laugh again, but he takes pity for the pair who are now looking at the floor shyly, not daring to make any eye contact.

Being the good friend he is, he pushes Yunhyeong towards Mina. She stumbles, and Yunhyeong reaches out his arms to catch her just in time she loses her balance. As Yunhyeong holds her in his embrace, Hanbin can see their red faces and almost, almost wants to squeal at how drama like this situation is.

Yunhyeong quickly lets go of Mina, and he clears his throat before starting the office tour. Mina follows behind him like a little duckling following its mother, and only nods and bows to the other colleagues when introduced.

 

Yunhyeong has never seen such a gorgeous face in his life, and he is pretty sure that his face is burning red now as he shows Mina around. Her words, her gestures, and her demeanour makes him want to cuddle her then and there. She’s too cute for his own good and he wonders how he is going to last the days here with Mina messing up his thoughts already.

Finally, he leads her to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter