A Fiery Meeting

ooh ahh's rhythm ta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Korea is like a new chicken flavour to Momo. It's new, interesting and delicious. Even though Momo has just moved into the country not too long ago, she appreciates the new culture and the delicious food.

Being Momo, she has to learn how to cook the food too. She has learnt all the recipes of her favourite Japanese food, so why can't she do it for Korean food too?

So, right after she finishes moving all the boxes into her apartment, she sets off to the nearest grocery store to buy all the ingredients for pig's feet. As her trolley gradually becomes heavier and heavier, she wonders for a moment whether she really can do this.

When she finishes lugging all the grocery bags into her apartment, she brings them into the kitchen, where she finally starts her cooking. Between looking at her phone for instructions and carefully washing the pig's feet, she’s much too focused to attend to the boiling pot of water behind her.

Finally, it’s the day Bobby has been waiting for. Being a full-time firefighter may have its perks, but it means that he only has a few days off per year, making his holidays so much more meaningful.

Being Bobby, all he wants to do is to sleep through the whole day, just to catch up on those sleepless nights when 3am calls come in.

But his plans are ruined when he hears the moving truck. He groans as he remembers that his new neighbour is moving in today. So much for a good day’s of rest. He tries to block out the numerous footsteps and thuds of cardboard coming in his apartment’s direction, but to no avail. He groans back into his pillow and wills himself to fall back asleep.

He’s rudely awakened by the smell of smoke. He can barely open his eyes, due to both his sleepiness and the smoke infiltrating his apartment. As the familiar smell of fire finally registers in his mind, his mind automatically switches to fireman mode. He rushes outside where neighbours are already starting to come out of their respective units, and grabs the fire extinguisher near the emergency staircase.

He quickly ushers the neighbours down the emergency staircase and calls the fire station at the same time.

“Hey Chanwoo, this is Bobby.”

“Bobby hyung? Why are you calling the fire station?”

“There’s a fire at my apartment block. Come quick.”

Without waiting for a reply, he hangs up and fumbles with the heavy fire extinguisher. He runs ahead to find the source of the fire, and lo and behold, the smoke is escaping from the gaps underneath his neighbour’s door.

He bangs the door as loud as he can, but there’s no answer. As his wors

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter