My Valentine *Special*

Clumsy

"Suhyun, I love you."

Everything stopped when I heard those three words. I. Love. You. It was as if time stopped, and nothing else mattered, except us. He leaned in slowly. I could hear my own heart beating loudly. As he slowly got closer, my palms began to sweat. I wanted to move, but my body refused to. I held my breath, waiting for the moment. Our lips were less than an inch apart, and then he place-

"Suhyun!"

Chanhyuk's shouting brought me back to reality. I quickly finished eating my breakfast and cleaned up. I went to my room and plopped down on my bed. For the past few days, I had been daydreaming constantly. About what, you might ask? The answer is simple. Who's the only person I find absolutely perfect and can't stop thinking about? You guessed it! Song Minho. Normally, it wouldn't be this bad, but a certain special day is coming up tomorrow. Valentine's Day.

"Aish! Why can't I stop thinking about him?"

I couldn't stop wondering how it would go. What would Minho do for me? I began imagining all the things Minho would do. He would buy me flowers, chocolates, and a teddy bear. Then, we would go to the park and cuddle underneath the stars, and he would give me compliments the whole time. The night would end with him placing a soft kiss on my lips. Unfortunately, this is all just in my fantasy world. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see.

~Valentine's Day~

I woke up feeling all giddy inside. Today is Valentine's Day. I washed up and made sure that I looked my best today. I decided to wear a red blouse and a white skirt that stopped right above my knees. I also tied my hair up and slightly curled my hair. I put on light red lipstick and wore red ballet flats. When I finally had everything, I headed to the YG Building. When I got to the building, I immediately went to go see Minho.

"Hello."

I greeted all the members of Winner as I walked into their practice room. They all greeted me back and invited me to join them. I looked over towards Minho. He had a smile on his face and motioned for me to come sit next to him. I noticed that Minho was wearing a white dress shirt and tan colored pants. His hair was swept back so that it was out of his face. Minho rarely wore formal attire during his free time. That meant that he had something planned today.

"So, Minho oppa. Are you planning on going somewhere today."

I waited for his answer, hoping that he'll say something about us going on a date. Minho seemed to stop to think about it for a while. I began to grow nervous waiting for his answer. When Minho finally answered my question, my heart sank when I heard his response.

"I'm going to meet up with an old friend today."

My hopes were crushed when Minho said that. We weren't going on a date today. I'll have to spend Valentine's Day alone this year. I was really hoping for him to say something different, and that I was dreaming, but this was the harsh reality. I put a fake smile on my face and tried to act as happy as I could.

"Really? Well I hope you have fun! Say hi to your friend for me."

For the rest of the day, I felt gloomy and irritated. I snapped at Chanhyuk when he would bother me. When Hayi greeted me, I responded to her with a sad "Hi" instead of my usual cheery attitude. When I got home, I just sat in my room. I didn't leave my bed unless I had to get water or go to the bathroom. Chanhyuk eventually got fed up with my attitude.

"Suhyun! Stop moping around! I'm starting to get tired of your attitude. Go to the park and get some air."

I groaned as I listened to Chanhyuk's nagging. Even though I didn't want to, I decided to get out of my bed anyways. I fixed my hair and makeup before going out. I hadn't changed my clothes yet, so I was wearing the same outfit as this morning. I brought a coat with me since it was evening and the weather was starting to get cold. 

"Maybe going out isn't that bad of an idea."

I walked to the park, wanting to enjoy the sound of the city. When I arrived at the park, there was a sign that said, "Follow the candles". I looked on the ground and found a trail of candles leading to somewhere. I followed the candles and eventually found another sign. This one said, "Enter through the gate". As soon as I entered through the gate, I found hundreds of red rose petals on the ground. Candles lit the sides of the pathway and trees surrounded me. I walked down the road and stopped when I saw a figure standing next to a table.

"Minho oppa"

I stood in my place, frozen. Minho was wearing a black suit and he was holding a red rose in his hand. Next to him was a table with a cake decorated in red roses. I walked to him slowly as I was still shocked. Minho really didn't forget about me. He had done more than anything I could have expected. Minho smiled as he came over and hugged me. I began to tear up.

"Happy Valentine's Day. You didn't think I forgot about you, did you?"

I smiled at him as my cheeks lit up in embarrassment for not trusting Minho. We ate the cake and talked about the day. Turns out, Minho had made the excuse of going to see his friend in order to set up all of this. I told Minho about how I had acted after thinking that he had forgotten about me. We ended the night with a sweet kiss, and Minho telling me the words I wanted to hear most in the world. 

"I love you, Suhyun."