Late Night

Clumsy

Tick Tock

I sat there tapping my pencil on the table. It was already 10:00 pm. I had been sitting there for the past two hours. Normally, I would be sitting at home and enjoying some dramas. Instead, I was at YG Entertainment, sitting in a room alone, at 10:00 pm.

"Why didn't I do this sooner? Stupid."

I had to come up with song lyrics by tomorrow. YG had assigned it to me as part of my 'training'. Unfortunately, I wasn't very good at it either. I read over my lyrics. They looked terrible. I guess that's what I get for doing this last minute. Maybe if I had done it sooner, I wouldn't be stuck here. 

"Ugh."

I hit my head against the table. I just don't get it. Why was Chanhyuk blessed with all the composing skills? Why couldn't I have some talent for that too? Was that too much to ask for? I was so busy moping around that I didn't notice someone walking into the room. 

"Oh! Suhyun? What are you doing in here this late at night?"

Great. It was Song Minho. If Minho saw my lyrics, I think I would die of embarrassment. He was amazing at composing music. Meanwhile, I at it. It also didn't make it any easier that he was older than me. Sure I was his sunbae when it came to the entertainment industry, but he was still my sunbae when it came to age. 

I also had a small crush on Minho. He always mesmerized me with his performances. Everything about him seemed perfect to me. Okay, maybe that crush was not so little. But he was Song Minho! Girls would do anything for his attention. You can't blame me for liking someone so irresistible. 

"Oh, Minho oppa. I was just trying to compose lyrics for YG."

Wow, way to go Suhyun. Now he'll definitely know about your terrible skills at writing lyrics. I mentally slapped myself in the face for telling him so bluntlyHe must've seen the look on my face, because he chuckled quietly. Gosh. Even his chuckle is perfect. Did I just say that? Suhyun. Snap out of it! I shook myself back to reality. 

"Why are you here? I mean, what are you doing here at this hour? Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I just-"

I got all tongue tied. It was as if my brain didn't work anymore. My face started to heat up in embarrassment. Why'd you say that! Now he thinks you're crazy! I mentally slapped myself again. How could I be so stupid?

I heard a chuckle escape Minho's lips. He'll be the death of me. I tried my best to regain my composure. My face was still red and hot. I looked back up to see Minho smiling at me. His glorious smile. I felt my heart beating against my chest. I needed to calm myself down before I embarrassed myself any further. 

"So, would you like me to help you?"

I stared at Minho in shock. I was very sure that my jaw had dropped to the floor. I couldn't believe it. The Song Minho is actually asking to help me. It was times like these where I would thank God for being born. I was so shocked that I almost forgot that he was waiting for an answer. I gave a slow nod, making him beam. 

~11:00 pm~

We finally finished the song after about an hour of thinking. More like him thinking. I couldn't focus on anything Minho was saying the whole time. I was too distracted. I couldn't stop admiring the view of his side profile. I hope he didn't catch me staring. We walked out of the YG building. It was a little chilly outside, so I shivered a bit.

"Are you cold?"

Minho took off his jacket and draped it over me. I'm very sure I was red as a tomato at the moment. Did I mention that he was a gentleman? I couldn't stop myself from smiling. The thought of him caring for me was too much. 

"Do you need me to walk you home?"

Minho looked at me with concern. How could anyone resist this man? Although I really wanted him to walk me home, I didn't want to take up anymore of his time. I politely refused his offer and bid him good night. The whole way home, I was smiling like an idiot. When I got home, Chanhyuk kept asking me what made me so happy. I just ignored him and kept walking.

"Oh. I still have Minho oppa's jacket. I guess I'll return it to him tomorrow."

I quickly changed my clothes and jumped into my bed. That whole night, I couldn't stop thinking about Minho. I finally fell asleep after a while, listening to Winner's songs. As I drifted off to sleep, I thought about everything that happened. I fell asleep with a big grin on my face.