Confessions

Secret Gangster - Dongwoo

Running over what he wanted to say for a moment or two, he walked across the sidewalk to your building that was less than a few meters from his. Climbing the few stairs to your door, he took in a deep breath and released it slowly before lifting his hand up and knocking on your door.

Stirring your food a little to cool it down, you heard a confident knock came from your front door. Setting your food aside, you stood up and moved to your front door. Turning the locks, you unlocked the door and opened it a little to see Dongwoo’s bright eyes and a nervous smile slightly curled on his lips.

“Hey Dongwoo, what brings you over here?” You gave him a warm smile as your eyes drifted over his face wondering if something was wrong.

“W-Well, I-I… actually…. I wanted to ask… more like tell you something….” His tongue ran over his lips as one of his hands ran up along his neck as he shifted his weight from one leg to the other.

“Sure” You smiled while leaning against the door, however, your eyes drifted down to what his other hand was holding. A bouquet of flowers.

“I just wanted to tell you that…. well… I think you are amazing and you are really beautiful, your personality is just so sweet and you are adorable too and I really enjoy being your friend, but I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?” Dongwoo’s fingers fiddled nervously as his eyes locked with yours for his question.

“Dongwoo….” You were taken back by his confession, and especially by someone as handsome and adorable as he was. your lips slowly, you watched the nervousness in his eyes grow as he held out the flowers for you. Dropping your eyes down to the breathtaking flowers that he held just for you, a sigh quietly slipped from your parted lips. Not finding the words quite yet, you pushed the flowers back towards him. “I’m sorry… I can’t…”

His head slowly dropped, his lips turned inwards as he nodded slowly. “I understand, I hope that we can still be friends”

“Of course” You gave him a soft smile as he nodded gently.

“You can keep the flowers” He held them out for you once again

“You better keep them” You told him, your heart cracking a little as you watched him turn away from you slightly, his arms retracting back towards him with the flowers still in his hold.

“Have a good night, ________, I’ll see you tomorrow” He strained a smile as you nodded and wished him a goodnight as well. He walked off and you closed the door quietly, stepping down the stairs, he looked back up at your door as the light in your window flicked off. A heavy sigh was released, his heart ached in his chest while he slowly walked back to the dorm.

Light snow began to fall around him as he slowly walked the short distance home, twisting the handle, he entered quietly hoping no one would ask about how it went. Slipping off his shoes, shuffling across the floor, he made his way to the bedroom, the flowers still in his hand hanging by his side.

“How did it go?” Sungjong asked curiously, tearing his eyes away from the movie that was playing. Sunggyu paused the movie as everyone else looked over at Dongwoo.

Just standing there, Dongwoo couldn’t find the words as he just shook his head and started off to his bedroom. Pushing his bedroom door open, Dongwoo stepped inside and closed it softly against the door frame. Moving over to his bed, he eased himself down on the edge and leaned against his elbows that rested on his legs.

A soft knock came from the door, “Hey do you want to talk about it?” Hoya questioned as the other members were peaking in through the opening of the door as well.

“Not really” Dongwoo shifted himself back and laid down on the bed, the flowers resting on his chest as Hoya entered the room cautiously and eased himself down on the edge of Dongwoo’s bed.

“No wonder she didn’t accept you, there isn’t any purple flowers” Hoya giggled, trying to lighten the mood, however, Dongwoo just turned over onto his side and let the flowers tumble onto his comforter.

“We are going to have some ice cream if you want some, your are more than welcome to join us” Hoya gently rested his hand on Dongwoo’s arm as Dongwoo nodded his head against the pillow. Feeling Hoya stand up, he headed towards the door and closed it softly as Dongwoo closed his eyes and felt a few warm tears roll down his cheeks.

Shaking breaths and countless tears rolled down his cheeks, faster than he could wipe them away. The tears slowed eventually as he to his back and lifted the flowers above his head, letting his eyes run over the beautiful pedals.

“I don’t think she has a boyfriend…” He muttered to himself, “I wonder why she wouldn’t want to go out with me…”

Another knock was heard at the door as it was Woohyun this time, “I brought you some ice cream if you want.”

Dongwoo sat up on his bed as Woohyun padded over beside him and eased himself down onto Dongwoo’s bed. Handing him over the bowl of ice cream, Woohyun picked up the flowers and looked at them, lightly brushing his fingers over the velvety pedals.

“I thought girls liked flowers…” Dongwoo mumbled before he slipped a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

“They do… usually” Woohyun brushed shoulders with Dongwoo.

“Then why didn’t she say, yes?” Dongwoo questioned, rounding his shoulders a little while he scraped some ice cream off of the round scoops in the bowl.

“I’m not sure, we may have to watch her to see what is up” Woohyun placed the flowers on his bedside table. “But don’t worry, we will get this settled.”

Dongwoo nodded his head softly, “Why don’t you come out and finish watching the movie with us?”

“Okay~ but as long as I get more ice cream” Dongwoo negotiated

“Alright, only if sugar will turn that frown upside down” Woohyun stood up and held out his hand, Dongwoo slipped his hand into Woohyun’s. Walking out of the room, Dongwoo followed behind Woohyun like a child as Dongwoo got his favorite spot on the couch and Woohyun took his clean bowl and scooped some more ice cream for him.

Dongwoo spread a blanket out along his lap and rested his head against Sunggyu’s shoulder. Watching the movie, Dongwoo slowly ate his ice cream while he watched the movie mindlessly.

Over the next few days, Dongwoo kept his distance from you, letting you have your space. The overcast days seemed more gloomy and dark than normal as he kept to himself and went through his classes. Watching you from a distance, he settled down on a nearby bench and pulled out his lunch. Sitting by himself, he watched you stand in a little nook behind one of the buildings on campus.

A few girls began to gather around you as you moved further into the nook. Watching you curiously, he tried to keep an eye on you while his mind wondered what you were doing.

“Hey Dongwoo, what are you up to?” Sungjong chimed as he slid next to Dongwoo on the bench.

“Shhhhhh” Dongwoo hushed, “____ is over there and I don’t want her to know I am watching her…”

“Oh~” Sungjong whispered, “Why are we watching ________?”

“I want to see what she does and who her friends are, she won’t let me meet them and I can’t find her ever on campus, I want to see where she goes” Dongwoo confessed as Sungjong nodded along.

“Ah that is June” Sungjong pointed out seeing a girl look from side to side before sliding into the nook with the other girls.

“D-Do you know her?” Dongwoo looked at Sungjong intently

“Yeah, she is in my fashion class” Sungjong nodded

“What is she doing in a fashion class?” Dongwoo probed curiously

“I don’t know, it may be part of her major but I just know she is working on leather jackets, she states is, for her gang.” Sungjong kept his voice quiet, pulling out his lunch too and eating a bite.

“What do you mean by a g-g-gang?” Dongwoo stammered wondering if this is what they were witnessing.

“Like a group of people as in a club, I doubt she would do anything to hurt others…” Sungjong’s words faded off slightly as Myungsoo came over and sat on the other side of Dongwoo.

“Hey guys, what are you two talking about?” Myungsoo questioned, slipping off his backpack and taking out his lunch as well.

“Just about _______, Sungjong thinks she is in a gang” Dongwoo told him bluntly

“Well….” Myungsoo started before taking a bite of his lunch, “I wouldn’t totally rule that out…”