A Crush on a Friend

Secret Gangster - Dongwoo

The teacher made some final remarks as the clock’s second hand turned and began climbing back up to the large twelve at the head of the clock’s face. Students began packing up their books and slipping them into their backpacks as some students stood up and headed out the door once the Professor thanked everyone for coming today. Everyone filed out of the doors as Dongwoo carefully lifted his backpack up and placed it over his shoulder before sliding his phone back into the front pocket of his jeans.

Waiting his turn, he too, filed out of the room with the others as he pushed through the front doors of the building as the cool crisp air hit him. A new blanket of fluffy white snow covered the ground as he scanned his surroundings, the beautiful snow piled up along the branches and being blown down almost magically with every slight hint of a breeze. Heading to his next class, he recognized a familiar backpack as he walked, following the person with your backpack, he increased his stride a little until he was walking next to you.

“Hey ________!” Dongwoo cheerfully greeted you as he walked next to you.

“Oh hey Dongwoo” You smiled as you looked into his bright eyes.

“Isn’t the new snow so pretty?!” He beamed with a childlike smile playing on his lips as he pranced a little in the fluffy blanket of snow.

“It is really pretty~ I love watching all of the ice sickles form and see how big they can get” You smiled as you two continued to walk next to one another.

“Just don’t stick your tongue to one of them if it isn’t dripping, your tongue can get stuck” Dongwoo advised with a wag of his fingers

“Have you done that before Woo?” You giggled

“Maybeeeee” He sang with a laugh that told all.

“You silly, you know you aren’t supposed to do that” You pushed him lightly as he continued to laugh a little louder and louder.

“I didn’t mean to but it just looked so pretty, and it was all clear and I wanted to taste it” He told you, barely being able to stand upright now due to his laughter wiggling through his body.

“Don’t do it again okay?” You told him as you slid your hands deeper into your pockets, “Oh, and don’t stick your tongue to a lamp post either” You told him, glancing in his direction slightly.

“What will happen?!” Dongwoo asked with curiosity flowing through his words as he trotted a little faster beside you, his eyes glued on you as you continued to walk.

You stopped in your tracks and looked up into his eyes, “Your tongue will stick to the pole and you won’t be able to pull it off”

Dongwoo stopped with you as his eyes went wide in horror, his hand coming up to his perfectly pink lips as his fingertips brushed over his lips. Smiling to yourself, you walked around him, taking him a moment or two to turn around and trotting up beside you.

“Have you stuck your tongue to a pole?” Dongwoo asked as you shook your head, your lips parting a little as a negating hum slipped from your lips.

“Good~” He smiled and slipped his hands into his pockets to warm them up, “So… where are you headed to?”

“I was just going to hang with some friends” You told him a little softer than your usual volume of your voice.

“Ah, do you think I could come and meet your friends?” Dongwoo stopped in his tracks as his eyes lit up with a sparkly excitement, causing your tongue to run over your lips and bring your bottom lip between your teeth, tugging on it a little harshly.

“I-…”

“Dongwoo! There you are!” Hoya trotted over with Sungyeol in tow

“Hey Hoya, Yeollie” Dongwoo giggled as you sighed quietly, thankful that Hoya was impeccable with timing and not only in keeping time with his dancing.

“Yah! I told you not to call me that on campus” Sungyeol hissed

“Yah, you can handle it dongsaeng” Hoya ruffled his hair as Myungsoo soon joined them as well.

“I’ll see you later, Dongwoo” You whispered softly, tapping him on his arm as he turned his head to look at you.

“I thought we were going to meet your friends?” He asked you, turning his back to s and facing you.

“Another time, I don’t want to pull you away from your friends” You stepped back and Dongwoo stepped towards you as the others teased and laughed behind him.

“You sure?“ Dongwoo questioned softly and quietly

“I’ll bring you along next time” You smiled as you waved at him and headed off down the sidewalk to the spot where your group of friends or what others referred to as your “gang” met.

“Where did she run off to?” Myungsoo questioned as Dongwoo turned around with slight disappointment prominent on his face.

“She went to go meet her friends…” Dongwoo sighed as his eyes dropped down to his feet, moving the snow around a little.

Watching from afar, you observed Dongwoo standing there with his friends before they headed back off to the dorm. Dongwoo glanced back at the direction you walked off in, a small cloud of warm heat of his breath clashed with the cool air causing a cloud to form in front of his lips before turning and walking with Myungsoo, Hoya and Sungyeol.

Turning around, you pressed your back against the bone chilling bricks as you closed your eyes for a moment longer than normal.

“Hey are you ready?” One of your girl friends asked, opening up your eyes, you nodded and headed off with your gang for the rest of the day.

The sun began to fade in the sky as you shuffled home after a long day, kicking off your snow covered shoes, you curled your numb toes in your damp socks. Flipping on a light, you trotted up to your room and quickly gathered some clothes to change into after your shower. Stripping yourself of the wet frozen clothes that clung to your skin the steam from the warm water began to fill the room, you slipped into the warm shower.

The warm water brought heat back into your skin as you stood under the water for a while as you relaxed. Once you were finished with your shower routine, you dried yourself off and slipped into an extra soft hoodie and large, comfy pajama pants that were slightly warm from when you pulled them out of the dryer before your shower. Combing out your hair and slipping on some socks, you trotted downstairs to see if there was anything to eat at your place.

Dongwoo watched from his adjacent apartment as he lifted his hand from the palm of his hand once he saw a light or two flick on.

“She’s home~!” He happily announced as he got up from his seat by the front window and trotted into his bedroom, gathering a freshly cut bouquet of arranged flowers. Slipping on his shoes, he stopped at the mirror by the door, fixing his hair slightly.

“How do I look, Woohyun?” Dongwoo turned around as Woohyun looked up from book he was reading and Myungsoo from the Manga book he was reading.

“Are you going to ask her?” Woohyun pipped up as he shifted in his seat, Myungsoo looking between the two.

“I was going to…” Dongwoo’s fingers ran up and down the stems that stuck out from below the bow and ribbon holding them together.

“Go get ‘em” Myungsoo smiled as he gave Dongwoo a thumbs up.

“You’ll do great, just remember to speak clearly. It is okay to take a breath once and a while too” Woohyun advised with a smile, noticing that Dongwoo was already holding his breath.

“Okay” Dongwoo sighed, forcing himself to take in a nervous breath. Reaching out for the front door handle, he twisted it and looked back at his brothers as they gave him encouraging smiles and gestures before he walked out the door and skipped down the stairs.