Love Warms A Cold Heart

Secret Gangster - Dongwoo

Walking a half of a block, your knees began to feel weak as Dongwoo wrapped his hand around your arm noticing your pace slowing, your feet now shuffling across the ice.

“May I give you a ride until your place?” He almost pleaded, seeing you become weaker and weaker before his eyes. Slowing down your walk to a stop, you turned towards him.

“It won’t be too much for you?” You questioned, his eyes brightened as a smile curled on the corners of his lips.

“Not at all, if I get tired I will let you know” He says with a smile, stepping in front of you, he knelt down as you carefully positioned yourself on top of his back.

Feeling his hands hold your legs right behind your knees, you wrapped your arms around his shoulders and kept your body close to his as he stood up onto his feet. Adjusting you a little on his back, he began to walk a little, looking over his shoulder a little, he would check on you every twist and turn that was in the sidewalk.

“You doing okay?” You questioned him, your head resting on his shoulder as your eyes slowly began to close as the constant rocking of his gait and his secure hold he had on you.

“Just fine, are you doing okay?” He questioned making sure to not bump you too much.

“Mhmmmmm, you are very comfy” You mumbled into his shoulder, feeling your cheeks grow hot with blush.

“Close your eyes until we get to your place, I will wake you” He smiled and rested his head against yours for a moment before feeling your head nod against his shoulder.

Walking smoother than ever, he took his time and made his way to your apartment, light snow began to fall as he climbed the stairs up to your apartment.

“Hey _______, we’re here” He nudged you a little as you groggily awoke, humming sleepily, you mumbled the numbers to get into your place, he punched them in with high confidentiality and twisted the handle. Pushing the door open with his leg, he made sure the door was wide enough so that it wouldn’t hurt you as the two of you entered.

“Would you like me to lay you on the couch or your bed?” He questioned, closing the door and locking it behind the two of you.

“The couch is fine” You mumbled, carefully he sat down on the edge of the couch as he let you dismount him.

Laying down carefully, you closed your eyes once your head hit the pillow, your body completely exhausted. Thinking Dongwoo was just going to leave, you didn’t expect to hear some rustling around in the bathroom before he found a small first aid kit. Coming back over to your side, he pulled over the ottoman and rested on that as he carefully cleaned up your wounds on your arms, from trying to protect yourself and then moving up your neck to your face.

“You have cute little butterflies all over your face” He giggled quietly, dragging his finger tips across your skin slowly.

“It is probably from the rings she was wearing, so she could do more damage” You mumbled softly, taking deep breaths. Wincing once and a while, Dongwoo backed off and worked on another wound before going back and cleaning the one that hurt you once more.

As he placed a few band-aids over your cuts, he stood up and grabbed a warm blanket from the nearby chair and unfolded it, laying it over top of you.

“Do you need anything, at the moment?” He questioned, tucking the blanket carefully around your shoulders before pushing some hair behind your ear.

“I think I am good for the moment” You opened your eyes, seeing his angelic eyes peer into yours lovingly. “Thank you for everything you have done for me today.”

“I am glad I could be of service” He smiled before turning around and gathering up the bloodied gauze and taking your first-aid kit back. Flipping some lights off, only a dim lamp cast light through your apartment. Slowly beginning to fall asleep, you opened your eyes to see Dongwoo sitting down on the floor, in front of the couch where you lay.

“_______?” He turned around, seeing your eyes opened, “Do you think that I can stay the night, just to make sure you are taken care of?”

Thinking for a moment or two, you knew you didn’t want to be left alone especially tonight, “Just as long as it is okay with Sunggyu” You closed your eyes gently.

Hearing the dial tone of his phone sound next to his ear, you hear Sunggyu pick up as Dongwoo explained the situation to him. With a little negotiation and much deliberation on Sunggyu’s part, he allowed Dongwoo to stay over for the night. Ending the call, Dongwoo turned around to see you completely asleep.

Tucking some fallen hairs behind your ear, once more, he smiled gently as his thumb barely brushed over your cheek. A hum softly came from your sleeping form as he smiled brighter watching you lean into his warm touch. A light knock came from the door a few minutes later, standing to his feet, he opened the door slightly before opening it a little more seeing Woohyun on the other side.

“Hey, how is she?” Woohyun questioned quietly as he handed Dongwoo a duffel bag full of an extra change of clothes, some medical supplies and food that they could spare.

“She is sleeping now, she should be okay, I am a little worried about her hand though, it is pretty swollen…” Dongwoo closed the front door, keeping out the freezing temperatures.

“Have you been icing it?” Woohyun asked seeing your bruised and swollen hand hanging out from the hem of the blanket.

“I have, but I don’t know what else to do…” Dongwoo stood back as Woohyun looked at your hand carefully.

“Let’s wrap it, that will help it heal and the swelling to go down too” Woohyun advised as he ped the duffel and pulled out an Ace bandage before Dongwoo came over and lifted your hand up slightly. A whine came from your form, your eye brows furrowing a little as he brushed his fingers over your skin. Settling you down after a moment or two, Woohyun carefully wrapped your wrist and hand, finishing up, Dongwoo placed a soft kiss on your hand and tucked it back under the blanket to keep it warm.

“Thank you for coming over” Dongwoo opened the door for him again.

“If you need anything, just text us, one of us should be up” Woohyun patted Dongwoo’s shoulder as he nodded and Woohyun exited your apartment, Dongwoo moved to the window to make sure Woohyun got back to the dorm okay before returning to your side.

“It’s just me and you now” He whispered, sitting on the floor, leaning his head back against the arm rest, he watched you for a while. Finding your sleeping form so beautiful and peaceful, far more than words that could describe. Watching you hour after hour, he made sure that you were warm and comfortable, that nothing was hurting you and that all of your wounds were cleaned and bandaged.

In the early morning hours, he twirled a small strand of your hair loosely around his fingers.

“________ I haven’t told you this… I haven’t told anyone this, but….” His tongue ran over his lips, wetting them a little, “I think you are just the sweetest girl in the world, so strong and independent yet I think you need a little love, care and tenderness.” Dongwoo took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to say, “I would love to show you all that you are missing out on, the hugs, the kisses, the cuddling, the caring conversations and just to have someone have your back and be on your side day after day. I would love to be that for you.”

Feeling a strand of hair be pulled tightly, you hummed softly as you woke from your sleep but kept your eyes closed. “I love you ______, not just as a friend but as a woman, I see you as a girlfriend and maybe something more, I just wish…. just wish you would give me a chance to show you what love can be like.”

A heartstrings was pulled tightly in your chest as you leaned into his touch, nuzzling into his fingers.

“I’m sorry I turned you away” You whispered softly, trying not to let your morning voice show.

“Y-You’re a-a-awake?” Dongwoo stammered not realizing that you were actually listening.

“You pulled my hair a little too tightly” You mumbled softly, feeling his hand untangle from your hair, you looked up at him, seeing the dark circles under his eyes from the little sleep he was getting that night.

“I-I’m sorry…” Dongwoo whispered softly as he retracted his hand.

“I’m the one who should be sorry” You looked at him with kindness twinkling in your eyes. “I didn’t mean to turn away such a great guy like you away…. I was just scared, scared to go onto the next step, scared to have to get hurt because of me, scared to have you find out about my darkest flaws and then leaving me like so many others have done before….” Your eyes dropped as they slowly started to fill with tears.

“________, I’m still here, I’m not going to go anywhere” He carefully wrapped his hand around yours while his other hand gently tipped up your chin so his eyes could meet yours.

“Y-You’re not going to leave m-me?” You whispered, searching his eyes for answers, shaking his head lightly a little smile curled on his lips in reassurance for you.

“I’m not going to leave you” Dongwoo whispered sweetly, his hand under your chin gently moved, cupping your cheek lovingly.

Nodding your head slowly, you found a smile curling onto your own lips as well, “As long as you aren’t leaving, would you like to lay here with me? You need your sleep too”

Dongwoo smiled as he stood up and carefully crawled over you, making sure that your comfort comes over his own, he wrapped his arms around you so that you wouldn’t fall off of the couch through the night, pulling the blanket back over you, he held you against him as the thumping of his heartbeat was felt through his skin as you turned into him and nuzzled your head into his chest.

Resting your head against his heart, you felt his head gently rest against yours, his hands slowly rubbing your back slowly as you relaxed fully in his arms, feeling like this is where you should be at the moment, you slipped back into sleep with Dongwoo following closely behind. 

I need to feel someone’s touch
I’ve been alone too long
Now I need to be loved too much