Oplan11

Oplan

School starts again and Watermelon headed in her locker like she always does every morning.

 

“Look who we got here.” Watermelon stopped from putting unnecessary things in her locker from her bag and faced the person. “Hi Wenchae.”

 

If this scene was a movie, it would be titled mean girls. Because the mean girls in the university just stopped by, again in her locker to make her pissed off.

 

“Hi Jieun. Hello slaves of Jieun.” She waved at them.

 

“Did you just called us slaves?” One of the slaves reacted.

 

“Yeah. Because I only know Jieun. I don’t know who you four are.” And she closed her locker. “Oh, you didn’t realize that didn’t you? Everyone knows that you five are the mean girls here in the university, but Jieun is the only person that people recognized because they concluded that you four are only her slaves.” She said while smiling innocently at them.

 

“If my friends are slaves, then what about yours? Some white kid and homos.” And the five laughed like witches.

 

“Atleast they’re real unlike someone who already looks like a plastic bottle because of surgeries.” And she passed by them and stopped. “By the way, you just smudge your lipstick on your teeth.” And she left them dumbfounded and went to her classroom.

 

Her friends doesn’t know that those five have been pissing her off since freshmen. First, she was called a because her friends where all boys. Then when they heard that they were gays, she was judged that her friends are homo. She was used to it by defending herself and her friends. When her friends are around her, the five won’t bother going near to her and starts picking on her.

 

 

“You know hyung, something is really weird about Watermelon.” Mingyu said to Jihoon and took a bite in his sandwich. The two were in the cafeteria waiting for Seungcheol.

 

“What about it?” Jihoon asked him while fiddling in his phone.

 

“We all know that she’s sassy, mean, grumpy and who always raise her voice annoyingly while talking to us but later on, she’ll be this sweet, caring with her soft voice to all of us.”

 

 

“It’s not going to be always you Moon Wenchae! Snap out of it okay?! I don’t like you like you all think about! Stop concluding that I like you too because of what I am showing towards you! You’re just putting words on it!”

 

Watermelon just stare at Mingyu and a tear dropped from her eyes and followed by more batch of tears. Then she ran away from the library. And ran away from them.

 

“Wenchae!” Before Wonwoo chased her, he glared with gritted teeth at Mingyu and left.

 

Jun attacked Mingyu by punching him. He punched and punch the younger until he fell down. Then Vernon and Chan starts kicking him.

 

The next morning, he went to school with a swollen left eye, a black eye and bruises in his face and body. Good thing the three didn’t kill him in the library because the librarian stopped them before they’ll kill him. And they all got on the black list in the library because of making a huge scene there.

 

“Nice face Mingyu. It suites on you.” Watermelon said when she stopped right infront of Mingyu to block his way. “I’m so not sorry if you have those because of me.” And she pointed the bruises in his body and face. “Well it’s not my fault if you’re a peahead that why you gained that. Gotta flee.” And she left Mingyu dumbfounded.

 

That was the day that Watermelon change.

 

 And he heaved out a sigh at his thought. “There is something wrong Hyung. And I’m going to get on the bottom of this.” And he stands up and finished his sandwich.

 

Jihoon grabbed him to sit down because the other students stared at Mingyu weirdly. “Wenchae is fine Mingyu. She’s just bipolar, I guess. Don’t you ever lea---“

 

“Hyung! It’s Watermelon!” He shake the older in his arms and pointed a girl who’s facing back from them and five tables apart from their table.

 

“That’s not Wenchae, Mingyu! Did you see who’s with her? We don’t even know those dudes are! She and Wenchae just have the same proportions when facing backwards.” And he grabbed Mingyu with his strength. “Seungcheol said he’ll be meeting us in the soccer field! Now let’s go!”

 

When they arrived in the soccer field, the group are complete. Even Watermelon who is playing in her phone with Chan.

 

“You were here the whole time right?” Mingyu asked Watermelon who is busy killing Chan’s character in the game that they are playing.

 

“Yeah. Half an hour ago. Me and Chan got her first to play the new game he’s been talking about.” And Watermelon groaned when Chan hit her character. “Then Soonyoung found us here so he contacted the others and also you and Jihoon so we can have lunch together.”

 

“Let’s eat in the cafeteria.” He suggested which made Watermelon lose in her game.

 

“No. The food there stinks like your face.” She said jokingly. “You know they have a new cook there and the food he cooks taste bad.” From her expression, he can really say that the food taste bad in the cafeteria.

 

“People just eat there with their lunch box.” Vernon said which made Mingyu have an idea.

 

“I’ll bring lunch boxes for us tomorrow so we can eat there!” His suggestion made the others face palmed and roll their eyes.

 

“You can’t Mingyu. If you cook our lunch boxes, you have to cook 20 servings for us. And it’ll cost time for you.” Jeonghan said worriedly.

 

Mingyu just gave up. He just want to go eat in the cafeteria. He doesn’t know why but the cafeteria seems luring him. Seeing the cafeteria from the soccer field makes him want to really eat there.

 

“Now let’s go eat burgers!” Wonwoo exclaimed and they all went out in the university to find some fastfood with burgers.

 

 

On the afternoon, Mingyu went to the cafeteria to spend his two hour vacant there. Watermelon didn’t go with him because she’s going to play with Chan again to beat the kid in the game. Jihoon declined his invitation because he’ll be hanging out with Seungcheol. Or probably find some hiding place for the two to make-out.  Wonwoo is doing his duty in the library. He decided to switch his schedule on vacant time so he can eat lunch with them. Vernon who’s going to visit Seungkwan in the library because the latter is making his plate in the library. Jeonghan and Jisoo went to the mall to have a date. Seokmin and Soonyoung went to a café. Jun and Minghao who were nowhere to found. Mingyu had no choice but to go alone in the cafeteria. He bought some food for himself and sit somewhere where there is only few people on that corner.

 

He was reading a book about baking while eating his food. He suddenly feel that the table behind him was occupied by the two strangers. He didn’t mind first and focused again on what he’s reading but the two start talking which made him listen to them secretly by pretending he was still reading the book he’s holding.

 

“This is boring Yoongi Oppa. Why didn’t they finished their plates on Christmas vacation? Now it’s only the two of us. to be them for hanging out in the library to finish their plates.” The girl’s voice is so soft that it seems familiar to Mingyu.

 

“You know that all they do is date for the rest of the Christmas vacation. Good thing we don’t have any lovers to take care of. We’re not going to be like them who’ll almost live in the library because of the plates.” The boy said that made the girl giggle.

 

In their conversation, Mingyu can tell that this two are DMA’s, Architecture or Fine arts.

 

“You should find someone for you oppa.” The girl suggest. “That gives me an idea! Let’s find someone for you now!” And she excitedly clapped her hands.

 

“Silly kid. I don’t need to find someone for---“ The boy was cut off because the girl put her index finger between his lips to shut him up.

 

“Hush oppa! We’re going to find your soulmate! We’re going to start right here in the cafeteria!” She cheerfully said and roamed her eyes around in the cafeteria and turned her gazed again at the boy. “Wait. Are you interested in girls or…”

 

“I’m gay Wenie-ahh.” And the boy chuckled.

 

“Oh right. Let’s find your prince charming here! It’ll be romantic if you two meet in the cafeteria.” She smiled while imagining the scene and roamed her eyes again around the cafeteria.

 

“Wen-ahh. Sto--- Hey! Are you okay?!” The boy got quandary in the situation. The girl was staring at a tall figure and she wasn’t breathing anymore. “Breath with me baby. Inhale… Exhale… Inhale… Exhale…” He put his hands on the girl’s shoulders and starts breathing with her. But the breathing doesn’t help the girl. The boy doesn’t have any choice but to carry her and send her to the clinic. “Hang on. I’ll bring you to the clinic.”

 

When Mingyu heard that the door in the cafeteria closed, he turned his gazed at the door that’s swinging back and forth. He didn’t know what happened to the girl because his facing his back at them and he doesn’t want to intrude too. They might say that his rude for listening in their conversation. But it is ruder for not to helping them. Now he feel guilty.

 

But something got his attention. He turned his gazed at the glass window and saw Wonwoo, Chan, Vernon, Seungkwan, Watermelon and some six strangers were running outside the cafeteria.

 

Where are they going?

 

 

Fifteen minutes after their vacant, Mingyu went to his next subject alone. It was their minor subject which they are all classmates except for Seungcheol and Seungkwan. But none of his friends weren’t there yet.

 

Maybe they are all stuck up with their business. Why do they have to leave me alone? And he pouted at his thought.

 

To kill his boredom, he continued reading that book about baking. But her mind was occupied on what happened in the cafeteria.

 

Why did they run with those six strangers? And who are they? Did they make friends without me? They’re being mean again with me.

 

 

“Mingyu hyung!” Mingyu snapped out on his thought when Chan stomped his hand on Mingyu’s armchair.

 

“You’re spacing out Mingyu.” Wonwoo said and sat next to him. He looked around and saw that his friends were already at the classroom, sitting comfortably. How long was I spacing out?

 

“Hyung, I saw you running outside the cafeteria with Chan, Vernon Seungkwan and Watermelon with some six strangers. Where did the five of you go?” Mingyu asked Wonwoo.

 

“Chan and Wenchae said they caught Jihoon and Seungcheol kissing in the oval when they were looking outside the library window. Since Seungkwan was done with his plates and a freshmen who got sanction and have to cover my duty so he’ll get his ID back in the Discipline Office, we hurriedly run in outside the library and went to the oval to take pictures with the two of them.” Wonwoo explained and laughed when he remembered what happened back there.

 

“And the six strangers?” He asked again.

 

“Maybe they also run with us. But they went on a different direction.” Wonwoo answered which made Mingyu satisfied.

 

“Where’s Watermelon?” He asked again.

 

“She’s in the corner. Don’t annoy her, she’s having her girl’s day this month.” Chan said who is also beside Mingyu.

 

Mingyu turned his gazed on the corner and saw Watermelon with her blank expression.

 

 


 

Nahh. I'll watch a movie on Valentine's Day alone. It'll be fun throwing some popcorns to couples. To couples who mistook the fact that they are not in the hotel.