when we dreamed together

to be home; to be real

when we dreamed together

Their relationship still has long way to go, but at least they are in the middle of process to make it up—Chorong thinks. Even a small smile comes to her lips sometimes, remembering how awkward her marriage life. Far from romantic, but still sweet.

Woohyun is still busy with work, most of the time he comes home late. Chorong uses her waiting time to prepare simple dinner, as her way to contribute in the process of their relationship. She’s not the best cook, one time they even have to call the delivery for their dinner. But it’s still a (good) process—and both are willing to make this marriage work.

They will talk before sleep, about trivial things around them, then his kiss will meet her lips. Chorong can’t help but blushing, still, until now, although it becomes routine. And she doesn’t hate that. They sleep while holding each other hand, and once or twice she wakes up in his arm.

Chorong can’t help but notice Woohyun talks about his friends a lot. It’s not every night before they sleep, still, Chorong understands how crucial his friends take part in his life is. Like how important Bomi is for her.

One thing she’s afraid to admit though, her bad feeling relates to Son Naeun on that particular night. But Woohyun never brings it up and she thinks their relationship is too fragile to discuss her judgment about one of his precious friends.

Uhm, Woohyun-ah, can I ask you something?” One day she tried when they enjoyed breakfast in the weekend. Woohyun gave her a nod after taking a gulp of his coffee. “How—how long have you been friends with, Na—uhm, the girls?”

Call her coward, but Chorong thinks it’s sensitive subject and she needs to walk around the bush.

“Hayoung and Naeun? It’s been long time.” He didn’t act weird. And he looked like trying to remember the past. “When I was thirteen years old, maybe?” There’s a loving smile on his face, reminiscing. “Is it really that long time ago? They are like, my younger sisters I don’t have.”

Chorong also smiled—and that’s that.

They fall onto repeating routine without too much difficulties. Nam Woohyun actually holds important title in the company, and since the company is going to have a big merger with their business partner, the feel of loneliness comes easily to Chorong who spends her time almost in the house only.

“Bomi-ah, come visit me?” She asks her best friend one time via call, sounding too hopeful.

“Visiting you? Are you a grandma or what, unnie? Let’s meet up outside, how about that?” Bomi’s cheery voice answers her rather harshly, but what she said is correct.

“I don’t think I can,” Chorong holds her breath. She knows Bomi’s expression must be in dislike now. “I’m afraid Woohyun will be home when I’m not here.”

It’s so sweet, really—Chorong’s face even turns all red and she’s thankful they’re just on the phone, not sitting in one of their favorite café table in Seoul, face to face.

She hears Bomi snort before giggling like crazy and through unclear articulation, Chorong gets to hear, oooh I’m so jealous right now, you must’ve fallen in love with your husband, and she can’t bear the embarrassment any longer.

She cuts the line right away.

***

Chorong gets a happy surprise later that night. Three days holiday to Jeju because apparently Yoon Bomi is such a fussy to her boyfriend about her best friend almost die of boredom and she can’t just let that.

“Think of this as our postponed honeymoon.”

That’s Woohyun’s idea and Chorong is quite fond of it actually.

But honeymoon is all about bliss between husband and wife, no? Because apparently in the airport Woohyun’s friends are all there. Even Yoon Bomi.

“Thanks for the invitation, Chorong-ah.” Dongwoo remarks and winks at her—resulting the look her husband throw at her.

Chorong is baffled, but she can’t even comprehend what is happening let alone explaining what is happening to her husband. During the trip, Woohyun is all silent and somehow Chorong feels he’s upset at her (but she doesn’t even know what is happening).

It should be her that gets angry actually, considering the ones bother their ‘postponed honeymoon’ are his friends. But Nam Woohyun—and his trust to his friends.

“So, apparently your room is facing the beach, Hayoungie?”

Chorong can hear how loud and clear his friends chitchatting to each other, clearly enjoying the trip.

“What about it, Oppa?” Hayoung’s tone is heard anxiously.

“Change with mine?”

“No, I don’t want! Right, Unnie? Beach view is the best, right?” Hayoung seems asking agreement from her unnie—Son Naeun.

“Of course,” The cold beautiful girl deadpans. “Thank you for booking us the best room, unnie.”

Chorong feels the tap on her shoulder, when she looks back, Son Naeun smiles at her thankfully (and that doesn’t feel right). Her voice even sounds mocking—Chorong knows it.

“I—“

“Oppa! Your wife is the best!” Naeun cuts her off, now tries to get Woohyun’s attention, and breaks the silence from his stance.

Woohyun looks at Chorong, she can’t grasp what he’s searching for; he should have known she isn’t actually fond of his friends so it’s impossible to invite them all, right?

“Really?” He sounds sarcastic.

“Yes! She asked us to join you two in last minute, but of course we’re glad to go because she really wanted us to go!” Son Naeun is amazing. Chorong doesn’t exactly know what her intention is, but all the pretending she goes through—long sentence, high-pitched fake excitement, Chorong wants to give the girl two thumbs up.

Talking about sacrifice.

“Good to hear.” Woohyun simply says, doesn’t bother to turn his attention from the window no more. Naeun smiles satisfied and Chorong can only sighs in defeat.

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I've abandoned this story for years, I feel bad of that. I have promise to myself to finish this. Hope it will be done soon!