we started from zero

to be home; to be real

 

we started from zero

It’s not their first time, but after the surprising confession of Nam Woohyun, this night will be their first time sleeping on the same bed together. When Chorong turns to his side, a smile almost slips off witnessing how awkward Woohyun in the sleeping position—laying on his back instead giving it to her as usual.

She feels strange—a good strange. This is a good start, at least.

“Are you sleeping?” She utters the question like a soft night wind—chilling yet comforting and after seconds later he answers, mumbling.

“Not yet.”

They stay in silence for a moment, with Chorong facing him while Woohyun himself keeps his body face the ceiling.

“It feels awkward, doesn’t it?”

Upon hearing her bluntness, Woohyun lets out a sudden chortle as starting moving his body. He uses one hand as pillow and turns to look at her. They are facing each other now. The room is dark but he still can see her cheeks flush in pink with their sudden intimacy.

“Then we should make it less awkward, shouldn’t we?” He grins. Seeing Park Chorong up-close with delicious blush on her cheeks doesn’t turn out that bad, apparently.

She squirms, wants to turn away but her body doesn’t seem in sync with her brain. “How?” It comes out almost a whisper because Chorong suddenly doesn’t know how to breathe. When her husband smiles sweetly, she feels like thousand lights blind her sight.

That’s why he’s the Casanova.

“We can start with asking each other with trivial things, like hobby, or something like that.”

Chorong nods, agrees right away with his suggestion. The faster can form a proper sentence, the better her mind doesn’t get dazed with Woohyun’s sudden closeness toward her.

“Okay,” She attempts firstly. “What is your hobby, Woohyun-ah?”

“Hmm,” He contemplates. “I don’t know, hanging out with my friends?”

Chorong scoffs. “O, yeah, your-so-called-friends.”

“Hey, what’s wrong with them?” Woohyun looks offended.

Are you serious?! Everything! Everything is wrong with that group of mean people!

She stares at him for a while and thinks, good, now it turns back like before again. She wets her lips before finally says, “I don’t think we should continue this. I think we need a rest.”

She’s ready to turn around but his hand sneaks into her waist and holds her still in position. She ignores the jolt of electricity when his skin makes a contact with her body.

“I didn’t mean it like that, sorry.” His smile becomes sour and Chorong sighs inwardly in guilt. “They are really nice and loyal friends, actually. It’s just,” He sighs. “They knew that I wasn’t happy with the marriage at first even without me telling them, and they acted like jerks toward you was their way of supporting me, like, comforting me. I’m sorry. I am really a bad person.”

His pair of eyes stares at her earnestly, begging for forgiveness although he knows he doesn’t deserve it. Chorong brings her hand to his cheek, unknowingly caresses from his cheekbone to jaw with her delicate fingers. It gives Woohyun chill and he freezes, doesn’t know how to react. Both of them hold their gaze steady and talk without words.

When her thumb finally touches his lips though, Woohyun knows it’s his clue. He closes the gap between them as prying off her hand and his face leans dangerously closer toward them. It’s only when his breathe swipes her lips he stops and asks her,

“Can-“

Chorong finishes off whatever he needs to say with one long kiss.

 

***

 

“Hello my name is Park Chorong. I am the daughter of Aunty Im’s older sister. Please treat me nicely.”

The group sit in silent with their mouth hanging open and the reaction is kind of embarrassing Chorong as her cheeks turn bright red instantly. She bites her lower lip and ready to run away but a soft squeeze on her right hand holds her still.

“This is not good, I told you.” She murmurs, ducking down her head, to Woohyun who sits beside her.

“Don’t worry, they just have slow brain, I assure you.” Woohyun replies, grinning innocently as his voice as loud and clear as a news anchor. Chorong glares at him.

“Excuse me, whom did you call slow brain?!” Finally Hayoung snaps, looks clearly annoyed at Woohyun, lips pouting adorably and for once Chorong doesn’t feel intimidated with her grown-up aura. “I got shocked, that’s it. I don’t know with the rest though.” Hayoung adds, smirking at the other three who are still looking back and forth between Chorong and Woohyun.

Dongwoo and Seungyeol finally get their sense back as both of them tear their gaze from the couple before looking at each other.

“Why… with sudden introduction?” Naeun pipes in, creasing her forehead in barbie’s way and she looks really beautiful like that. Chorong notices the unfriendliness in the edge though.

“It’s to know her better.” This time Woohyun explains, staring at his friends one by one, while his hand still securely grabs Chorong’s hand. “I know our first encounter wasn’t pleasant and full of misunderstanding, and now I’m in attempt to make up for everything.”

It’s touching, really. But with two guys snort at her husband’s sincere statement, Chorong can’t help but feels a bit embarrassed too.

“Well, allow me to introduce myself then. My name is Lee Seungyeol, your number one source of Woohyun’s embarrassing moment since he’s born.” Seungyeol jokes, exaggerating his gesture with servant’s bow. Everyone is laughing at his antic—he’s always good as the tension breaker, although one person keeps being silent in this merry situation.

“Nice to meet you too, unnie. I am Oh Hayoung, everyone’s favorite in this group.” Hayoung prompts next, earning much disagreement from the boys’ side, but Chorong smiles at her cuteness. Turns out the mature maknae is irresistibly cute once you get to know her better!

“My name is Jang Dongwoo, Woohyun’s best partner in crime since high school. You—“

Dongwoo’s happy introduction is cut with abrupt movement from Son Naeun, the prettiest girl there takes her leave without saying anything and the rest can only watch her retreating back for a moment.

“What happened to her?” Seungyeol voices out everyone’s one curiosity. Chorong has this bad feeling and she’s ready to stand up and follow the younger girl but Dongwoo beats her first. Dongwoo leaves the group in hurry, once again gets the rest stunned in their position.

“I thought you all already left? I saw Naeun and Dongwoo outside.” Lee Howon who just comes is questioning the four who sit still only on their seat.

“Did you talk to them?” Woohyun asks back.

“Well, I greeted them and Dongwoo pretended like I was someone else.” Howon huffs as he takes a seat beside Seungyeol. “Naeun though, looked upset.”

Chorong holds her breath—she does have a very bad feeling.

“And where were you from, Howon oppa?” Hayoung smoothly stirs the topic and the others give their attention fully toward Howon’s lateness issue. The group

“Somewhere,” Howon answers nonchalantly and both Woohyun and Seungyeol raise their eyebrows, teasing him.

“Somewhere as in Yoon Bomi’s apartment?” Seungyeol bravely says it out loud and earns a smack from Howon in return.

“Go get yourself girlfriend, Yeol. So you don’t need to sniff in other’s business.”

Woohyun laughs loudly, doesn’t notice his wife who turns into stiff mannequin since Son Naeun’s leaving. Seungyeol grumbles, feeling annoyed and Hayoung rounds her eyes, surprised.

“I don’t like being left out in the dark. So, who is this Yoon Bomi?” She can’t hide her curiosity.

Woohyun looks at Hayoung in disbelief. “Dear our favorite, Oh Hayoung. How come you be this clueless? Yoon Bomi is Chorong’s friend who dared to get on Howon’s nerves at the first time she gathered with us.”

“Oh my God, that brave Yoon Bomi!” Hayoung claps her hands, finally remembers who Yoon Bomi is. “So, finally you met your soulmate, Howon oppa? God, that’s so sweet, typical cliché dramas, but still sweet, congratulation oppa!” She beams in delight while Howon glares at blabbermouth Woohyun.

“What?” Woohyun challenges him.

“This is unfair!” Seungyeol suddenly speaks up. “Why is everyone meeting their one while I’m still single until now?! Woohyun and Chorong, Hayoung and Wonwoo, even this ugly Lee Howon has a girlfriend (smack!), and now both Dongwoo and Naeun seem like getting together.” He whines.

“They what?!” Woohyun, Howon and Hayoung ask in unison at the last line Seungyeol said.

“The two are dating?!” Hayoung almost shrieks. “Why didn’t Naeun unnie tell me?!”

While in the mid of the chaotic situation, Chorong still sit silently with too much thought in her mind. She does have a very bad feeling.

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: hiiiiii i'm back back back lol anyone still remember this story? infinite and apink have comeback together so i need to be back writing about them lol one or two more chapter left yosh!

gifs credit to ailee & elena-chan on tumblr