but i still don’t really know your heart

to be home; to be real

 

but i still don’t really know your heart

 

They say time will heal everything. Maybe it’s true; time does heal everything. Not living with the guy who claims to be her husband but doesn’t really act like her husband, Chorong feels her heart eventually can give him forgiveness. The words spelled Nam Woohyun no longer brings irritation for Chorong, besides abstain on the family dinner will only lead into more serious trouble.

Today, in this peaceful evening, Park Chorong is going to home and she really hopes this time is truly home. Howon also coaxed her that Woohyun already searched everywhere for her and it’s time to make up with each other. He even picks her up from Bomi’s apartment to personally bring her home. It feels like Chorong doesn’t hate Howon that much anymore.

Howon parks his car in front of his house because he said there’s something he had to pick up and give it to Woohyun when they arrive at Chorong’s home later. Leaving the girl sitting alone in the living room, Howon disappears into only God knows because the size of Lee Mansion is beyond imagination (Chorong used to live in the big house, but this one is a wonder).

Lucky Bbom! She uncounciously whispers while eyes wandering around in admiration. She is gonna sit down when her ears catch some familiar stride. Those hurried steps, don’t tell me...

But too late.

“Lee Howon! I need your help! Why didn’t you pick up your pho—“

Chorong stares at him awkwardly and Woohyun stares at her in utter shock. Then disbelief. It’s clearly shown on his appearance that he’s frustrated; hair in mess and t-shirt wrinkled at the corner. It’s already too late, Chorong knows, when Woohyun’s eyes changes into rage just in a split second. They freeze on the spot and can only stare at each other wordlessly.

It’s not home yet, but the coldness is already crept up. Chorong whines in her mind.

“Oh, hey.” Howon comes and the situation doesn’t get any better. He can feel right away the heavy tension between the married couple. “Look, Woohyun-ah, I just want to drive her home. We—“

“Shut up!” Woohyun harshly cut his friend’s explanation off. He turns his attention back to Chorong who fidgeting in her seat, suddenly feeling nervous. “Come with me.” He hisses.

“Listen, Woo, Woohyun-ah, I think you, you misunderstand.” Chorong’s whisper is barely audible.

But Woohyun is already mad and can’t think straight. He strides toward Chorong, each steps echo dangerously in this super spacious room. He yanks her hand and grabs it tightly, makes the girl whimpers in pain.

“Ya, Nam Woohyun!”

“Quit it, you bastard! Are you calling yourself my friend?! What have you been doing?! Hiding my wife?!”

“No, Woohyun-ah, you get the whole thing wrong,”

“Or is this what you intended to do from the first?! To have an affair behind my—“

“Nam Woohyun!” Chorong shouts in frustration.

The three of them fall in silent for a moment. Woohyun’s breathe obviously fastened. Howon cautiously stare at his friend. Chorong’s face reddens in both angriness and embarrassment.

“Okay.” Howon breaks the heated ice. “It’s okay if you two drive home together, I only want to say that you should take her luggage in my car, Woo—“

Howon fails at the attempt to turn situation to the peaceful one as a hard punch strongly lands on his perfect jaw. Chorong shrieks before Woohyun forcefully drags her to his car.

***

“Woohyun-ah,” Chorong still has a hope to make him understand the whole situation as she calls Woohun softly when they finally inside their own house. But the latter seems ignorant with his-I-didn’t-hear-you-attitude. Chorong bites her lower lip watching her husband walking indifferently toward their bedroom.

“Nam Woohyun!”

And here we go.

Woohyun halts his step. Without turning back, he replies coldly. “Don’t.”

Chorong’s shocked face explains well how she is in utter disbelief with his action. She can only gasp in surprise for a moment while Woohun resumes his walk without so much consideration. The sight of his back that slowly gone into the bedroom stings her eyes. Before she can contemplate her next action, Chorong already follows him and barks.

“Ya, Nam Woohyun! You don’t even apologize?! You are so unbelievable! Your childishness is beyond everything insane in this world! Is it never across in your mind how your childish attitude affects others negatively?!”

With a sharp movement, Woohyun spins his heels and faces the reddened cheek girl who breathes heavily and eyes wildly glares back at him. This girl is, really. Woohyun smiles cynically.

“At least I didn’t play behind my official partner, and with my own best friend.”

Her right hand moves faster than her mind which already burnt in fire, slaps his left cheek with a hard sting, even her own hand gets the pain. They stare at each other again, both do not want to lose the war they think they play. Chorong’s breath becomes unstable as she watches Woohyun’s cheek slowly reddens at the same spot he gets slapped.

His smile never loses its cynicism; he is mocking her.

“What? Am I wrong? Why are you so worked up if there’s no truth in whatever I said earlier?” Woohyun smirks. “I think you are beyond my expectation, Park Chorong. But oh, you are actually very predictable instead.”

There are so many words Chorong wants to yell at the guy who she already lost the ability to recognize him, but all of them swallowed back in and once again, she raises her right hand like automatically. Which Woohyun easily catches to stop her doing more damage on his cheek.

“Cat bit your tongue? Or certain some—“

“Stop it! I don’t know why you called Howon your best friend when you can’t even trust him!”

It’s time for Chorong to let out a cynical smile, harshly yanks her hand from his grip. The way she mocks him hits Woohyun’s dignified pride straight at the right spot. His eyes get darker as staring at Chorong with a dangerous look.

“And you know what?” But Park Chorong is either too ignorant to notice or pretending not to notice it. “I thought when I’m back here everything will be better, but of course not, you have to be an again to me. So I think I have the right to put you into a difficult situation as return, I won’t be at dinner toni—“

Her words are forcefully back into as Woohyun closes their gap and kisses her, hard. His grip is like firm steel, securely loops around her waist and neck. Chorong gasps, tries to break free, hands push his chest not to avail; Nam Woohyun is still there, kissing her beyond madness and literally taking her breath away. And the only hope she has to find home.

A tear drops without her knowing, between her muffled scream.

Woohyun bites her lower lip until it bleeds, she can feel the salty taste and that’s sickening before he parts away. Tears already stream down on her cheeks as Chorong feels his panting breath sweeps her ear.

“That’s for slapping me.” His voice is as cold as unfamiliar, freezing snow. “Now change your clothes and be ready in five minutes.”

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

'sup? short update, i hope for the next chapters could be longer ^^; i'm at writing chaptered story, so yeah u_u

gifs credit to their respective owners