01 일번 AUTUMN : Seungwan? No, Wendy.

FIRST YEAR ALBUM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUTUMN  : Seungwan? No, Wendy.

 

* * *

Gang-Nam District, 30 September 2005

 

 

“Son Seungwan.”

 

She nod her head slightly, her deep brown eyes locked to the man who's sitting behind the cherry rosewood desk. She even didn't care when her body trembling and her teeth gritting because of the rain, she didn't care her clothes are wet and drenched. She just want that man who's sitting with bossy look painted on his annoying face to say that she get it, she get the scholarship. So she can faint in peace after that, okay no, just joking. The man raised from his leather swivel chair and walking from behind his desk toward her, now what? She tried her best for jumping from her seat and yelling at the man.

 

“A simple question, why you want to take the scholarship to Sungkyunkwan?” He asked, moving his legs to moving and make a pace, annoyingly, around her.

 

“Because, sir, i want to be independent, i want to study there obviously and i want to have friends.” She answered, politely.

 

“That's not an answer, Mrs. Son, that's your purpose. Answer me once more and don't give me your purpose, again.”

 

She bite her inner lower lips, not sure what will she say after. The sound of the rain from outside filling the silence in that room, she didn't say a word or making a sound, neither do him. He stand behind the girl, his hand behind his body and his piercing ice gaze making a hole on her head. What should she say-- no, should she say it? Should she say that she want to runaway from home? Should she say she want to alienate herself? Alienate from the people from her home? A tears start flowing from her eyes in silence, the sound of the rain slowly fading out.

 

“I want to-- I want to runaway from home, runaway from the thirst of power parents, runaway from urge to killing myself and runaway from everything. I don't need wealthiness, i need freedom, that's why i choose Sungkyunkwan.” She finally said it, her tears collected on her chin before falling to her lap. But she glad her voice didn't sound too hoarse, atleast in her ears. The man walking back to his swivel chair and then sit, staring at her with undentified gaze.

 

“You're crying, Mrs. Son.“

 

“I'm always crying, for your information, sir.“

 

“Well, atleast you answered my question.”

 

She didn't say anything for response after that, keeping shut and reciprocate his gaze with an empty gaze of her's. She start to feel cold now, the drenched clothes of her start to feel uncomfortable for her and her head start to feel dizzy. What should she do now? Excusing herself for fainting? She bit her inner lips when the man infront of her didn't make any move, it's torturing for her. A sigh is escaping from his mouth before he crash his back to the seat back.

 

“Okay, Mrs. Son, you got the scholarship and i'll help you for your runaway.” He said finally, she let out a relief sigh and start wiping out her tears. mumbling 'thank you' for hundred times and a smile of happiness painted on her pale face. The man with cold expression start to softing his expression.

 

“I have an acquintance from Sungkyunkwan and i already contact him even before you ask me today, Miss. Next week, you'll going to be picked up by a bus on the nearest bus stop from your house. Be sure to come just in time, Mrs. Son.” The man said while raising up from his seat again, approaching her and then ruffling her hair, the girl named Seungwan nodding her head and didn't stop smiling.

 

“Thank you, Jungsoo-ssi, i know i can trust you for this.”

 

“No need to, Miss. This is my duty as your homeschooling teacher and your friend since you're little, i know how your father and mother so i did making a right move to help you.” He said. “But your name can't stay as Son Seungwan, Miss. You have to change it if you want to runaway.”

 

She fell in silence, her smile faded out from her face. Change her name? But she like her name, she like Seungwan even though it was a name for boys. “Why?”

 

“Because your father is going to search you after he find out you're running away.” He murmured. Yes, he was right. Her father is a rude selfish man who can't think rationally when it comes to money and her daughter. Because in his mind, his daughter is a guarantee for his wealthiness. He would dare to sell his daughter, if he had to. That's why Seungwan want to runaway. She don't want to live as a living doll.

 

“But my name has a good meaning...“ She muttered.

 

“Wendy, Son Wendy. Your name will be Wendy, Miss.”

 

“Why Wendy?“

 

“Wendy have a lot of good meaning too, Miss. White, fair, blessed, wanderer and family.“ Jungsoo answered with a dazzling gaze toward outside the big window in that room.

 

She fell in silence again.

 

Wanderer and Family.

 

It's enough to describe her, isn't it? She blink her eyes a several times and staring admirely toward Jungsoo, Seungwan or should you call her as Wendy for now, smiled. Jungsoo sure did have an extensive knowledge rather than her or her father, that's why the young man had his dad trust to teach her since she was a young girl.

 

“So, what do you think, miss?”

 

“I love it, Jungsoo. So, Wendy it is. Once again, thank you.“ Wendy said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter