Ch.7

Not Your Average Love Story

Ch.7

“School and Changes!”

 

~Last time on NYALS~

 

  “Goodnight unnie. Sleep good.” Mari said, turning off the lamp.

 

  “Goodnight panda. See you in the morning.” I said, laying down and snuggling into the bed.

 

~Now~

 

 It's been eight months now since the marriage news was told to me and it's been eight months since I've started living with Mari. My father still refused to see reason, so I refused to return home. Also, my relationship with Delta has been amazing and everyone in the school knew about it...mostly because on the next day of school Mari yelled and hugged him because of it. Having Epsilon in most of my classes killed my mood, but Delta was also in most of my classes along with Mari, so that made up for it. Mari refused to let me go home unless my dad changed his mind and at all times, one of the guys were near me to make sure that Epsilon wasn't. Now that it was almost April and graduation was around the corner, quiet literally, all the seniors were now attending mandatory graduation practice and getting their pictures taken. Mari and I were also going shopping for prom, which again, was right around the corner.

 

  “UNNIE! THAT DRESS IS PERFECT FOR YOU!” she screamed as I walked out in a pink dress.

 

  “That is the third time you've yelled that Mari.” I said, moving to stand in front of a mirror.

 

  “That's because everything looks good on you.” Mari said, making the workers look at us funny.

 

  “Ayeee~ What about you, you haven't even tried anything on.” I said, still looking at myself in the mirror.

 

  “I'm waiting for you to pick them for me that's why.” she said, leaning back in her chair.

 

  “So...this one or one of the other two then....you have to choose.” I said, pouting at her through the mirror.

 

  “That one. It's very pretty and makes your eyes shine.” she said, moving to help me out of the dress.

 

  “Good. Now time for you.” I said, grinning ear to ear.

 

  “Yay. Oh yeah...did you get your cap and gown yet?” she asked, putting the dress on the hanger while I put on my regular clothes.

 

  “Yep. I can't believe they made prom and graduation in the same month. It's like they are trying to kill us.” I said, moving around, lifting dresses of the racks by the dozens.

 

  “I'm one hundred percent sure that they are.” Mari said, staring at me with wide eyes as I handed her about twenty dresses.

 

 Of course majority of them were purple, but that is because that was the color she loved and also looked the best in.

 

 After trying on only five of them I stopped her at the one that I really like and told her to look in the mirror.

 

  “That dress looks amazing on you.” I said, leaning back in my chair.

 

  “You think so?” Mari asked, twirling in the dress.

 

  “Yes you look amazing and I love it.” I got up and quickly got her out of the dress.

 

  “Why you moving so fast unnie?” she asked, putting her clothes back on.

 

  “Because we still need to find shoes and accessories.” I said, handing both mine and Mari's dresses to the worker that was assisting us.

 

 We bought the dresses before going to a shoe store and picking out heels for our dresses before doing the same with our accessories.

 

  “Isn't prom like, next week?” Mari asked, sitting on a bench outside the store we just left.

 

  “Yep...and graduation is two weeks from now.” I said, looking at the calender on my phone.

 

  “We should go home now. We have school tomorrow and it's almost nine.” Mari said, looking at her watch.

 

  “Onwards to home we go then.” I said, standing up and grabbing all my bags.

 

 We arrived home and put our things away before passing out on the bed.

 

~Next morning~

 

 Mari and I awoke with the alarm clock and got ready for school. Thankfully it was already Friday, which meant that all seniors were let out early for practice.

 

  “I can't believe this school year is almost over already...” I mumbled sadly, putting on my outfit for school.

 

  “Why? Because you have to marry Epsilon soon and break up with Delta?” Mari asked, pulling her shirt over her head.

 

  “Savage, but yes. I always see Epsilon staring at me, but ever since Delta and I started dating he's always frowning and staring at me like a kicked puppy.” I said, grabbing my bag and heading towards the door.

 

  “Maybe he secretly loves you?” Mari said, making me roll my eyes.

 

  “Please...I'm gonna roll my eyes so hard i'll go blind.” I said, walking out of the room with her following behind.

 

 We arrived at school to see everyone talking fast and hyper.

 

  “What's going on?” I asked, walking up to everyone.

 

  “You weren't told?....You're dad is in the principles office.” Delta said, moving to hold my hand.

 

  “No. I don't exactly live with him right now remember?” I said, frowning.

 

 'What the hell is he doing here?' I thought, moving to go towards the office.

 

  “Where are you going?” Mari asked, running after me.

 

  “To find out what my so called father wants.” I said, still walking in the same direction.

 

  “If he wanted to tell you then you'll be called out of class. Let's not break your perfect attendance two weeks before school ends.” Mari said, pulling me away and towards our class.

 

 I followed her since she was partially correct. If my father wanted me to know what was going on then he would have just texted me.

 

  “I give it five minutes before i'm called out of class.” I said, sitting next to Delta.

 

  “For what?” he asked, turning to look at me.

 

A girl came in with a piece of paper and handed it to the teacher.

 

  “That.” I mumbled, pointing at the teacher who looked in our direction.

 

  “Faith Choi and Choi Yeon Su, please report to the principles office.” he said, making me look at Delta in surprise.

 

  “Why are you wanted?” I asked, looking at Delta.

 

 He just shrugged as we left the classroom, clearly as confused as I was.

 

  “Ah, finally you two are here.” my father said, as soon as we walked into the office.

 

 My parents, Epsilon, his parents and Delta's parents were all in the room.

 

  “What's going on?” I asked, looking over at my father.

 

  “Since you have clearly made your stance against marrying Yeong Jin, your mother and I have decided to revoke your arranged marriage. You are now free to marry Yeon Su, with the permission of his parents.” my father said, making me stare at them all with wide eyes.

 

  “It's a lot to take in, especially since you are so close to graduating, but we wanted what was best for you and we know how happy you are with Yeon Su, so we decided to talk to your parents about it and they agreed.” Delta's mom said, making me smile at her.

 

  “Thank you Mrs. Choi, that means a lot to me.” I said, bowing towards her.

 

  “On the upside, we don't even have to change your last name.” Delta's dad said, making us all laugh.

 

  “I have a request, if Faith doesn't mind.” Epsilon said, making me look straight at him.

 

  “What is it?” I asked, looking him dead in the face.

 

  “I wish to speak with you alone, outside. If only for a few minutes.” he said, looking at the ground.

 

 I nodded and walked out of the room with him following behind me.

 

  “Now what did you want to say?” I asked, crossing my arms and leaning against the door frame.

 

  “It's more...I wanted to apologize for the way I treated you when we were younger. No one knows this besides my brother, but I only treated you that way because I thought you wanted me just for my money. He told me not to wait to tell you how I really feel about you, but I did. I know it's to late now for anything and I don't want anything out of this. Take good care of Delta. He really loves you and i'm glad you're with a good man.” Epsilon said, looking at the ground almost the entire time.

 

  “I'm glad that you didn't expect anything from telling me all that, but thank you. I'm sure that Heein would love to be your wife some day. She talks about you a lot and you two look good together. Oh...and Ricky was right, never wait to tell a person how you really feel.” I said, turning and walking back into the office.

 

  “Okay. You three return to what's left of your classes. I expect to see you home tonight Chae Rin.” my father said, shooing us all out.

 

 We all returned to class and were able to tell everyone what happened before the bell rang for graduation practice.

 

…..................................this story is going to be a lot shorter than I originally thought it was going to be, only because I have two others that I wish to start and this one isn't doing as well as I'd hoped. It will end on a happy note as the last chapter is two chapters away and i'm sorry to the ones who read this and subscribed. Goodbye for now <3