Ch.4

Not Your Average Love Story

Ch.4

“Why Did This Happen?”

 

 

This will be Yeong Jin's thoughts on what happened in Ch.3, but will take place in no one's P.O.V. I hope you all like the story so far and thank you to the six new subscribers for subscribing :)

 

 

~No P.O.V~

 

  “Hey bro, what are you doing after school?” Code asked, patting Epsilon's back and effectively breaking him out of 'lala land'.

 

  “My mom, dad, and brother are going to a meeting and I have to attend. I have to leave right after school ends

 

  “Oh, well then good luck.” Code said, patting him on the back before going to his seat.

 

 When the school day was over, Epsilon packed up and headed out to the parking lot. He arrived and saw Mari and Faith talking before Mari ran towards the bus and Delta took her place. He couldn't hear what they were talking about, but Faith got into her car and drove away. He also got into his car and drove to his house.

 

  “Get changed and let's go son.” his father, the CEO of Yoo Enterprises said, heading out the door as he was walking in.

 

  “Where is this meeting at?” Epsilon asked, right as his mom passed him.

 

  “At the Choi Corporation's building.” his brother answered, patting his shoulder.

 

 He got ready and got into his father's car before they headed to the building.

 

  “Sit still and be calm. Also, don't say anything stupid to piss off your future in-laws.” his father said, squeezing his arm pretty hard as they were let to the top floor.

 

 They entered and he did just as his father had told him, basically sit still and don't talk unless you are spoken to.

 

  “Ahh, my old friend. Welcome. I hope the drive here was safe.” the CEO, he assumed, said shaking hands with his father.

 

 His mother and the woman in the room hugged as well and his older brother also got greeted.

 

  “You must be Yeong Jin. We've heard so much about you from your parents.” the woman said, coming up and hugging me.

 

 He glanced at his parents in horror.

 

  “All good things I assure you.” the CEO said, patting his shoulder lightly, unlike how his father does.

 

 Epsilon smiled at the man before finally being released by the woman.

 

  “Oh, how rude...I'm Amara Choi. I'm the wife of the big guy right here.” Amara said, patting her husband's stomach.

 

  “I am Choi In-sung, the CEO of Choi Corporation's. Please, everyone have a seat. My daughter should be here soon.” In-sung said, moving to sit behind his desk. 

 

  “Umma, appa, i'm here.” A soft voice called, knocking on the door.

 

  “Come in Chae Rin.” the CEO's deep and aged voice said, smiling over at Epsilon and his family.

 

  “Is there somethin-...” the daughter walked in and stopped speaking as soon as she noticed there were more people in the room.

 

  “Chaeri, please come in and sit down. We have a lot to discuss.” Amara said, going over and leading her daughter to a chair.

 

 The first thing she immediately noticed was that Epsilon was in the room, along with his parents and older brother.

 

  “Chae Rin, as you know your sister Areum is already engaged to be married to Samuel. We thought it would be good to tell you now instead of later that you are also engaged and have been since the moment you were born.” the CEO said, making her look at him like a fish.

 

 Epsilon kept the laugh he was holding to himself.

 

  “I'm sorry...what?” she asked, shaking her head trying to see if she was dreaming or at least hallucinating.

 

  “You are going to be married by the end of your senior year to Yeong Jin, the heir to the next biggest company in Korea.” Amara said, clapping a little to show how excited that she was.

 

  “I have to get married....to him?” she asked, pointing at Epsilon with a look of pure horror.

 

 Epsilon glanced at her with a look of confusion and then memories of their childhood resurfaced.

 

 'Oh yeah', he thought, 'I was an .'

 

  “Yes. Originally you were to be married to Chang-hyun, but he became a singer and thus no longer is able to be heir of the company.” In-sung said, trying to get Chae Rin to stop pointing.

 

  “To him?...You want me to get married to the boy who kicked me so hard that he left a bruise on my rib cage for two months?” she asked, partially starting to raise her voice.

 

  “He what?” Epsilon's mother asked, looking down at him in shock.

 

  “It was in middle school.” he said, not even looking up from his phone.

 

  “That doesn't change the fact that you hit a female. I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Choi, if we had known at the time than we would have punished him.” his mother said, bowing towards Chae Rin's parents.

 

  “It is in the past now Mrs. Yoo. We had no idea it happened either.” her mom said, smiling kindly at Epsilon's mom.

 

  “What happened in the past will not affect the fact that you two have been engaged since Chang-hyun became a singer. Which means, in the mean time, you two may sort out your differences and make amends because you will be married as soon as your senior year ends.” the CEO said, standing up.

 

 The CEO was a tall man, making it easily noticeable that Chae Rin inherited her mother's height.

 

  “Then until that time, I want nothing to do with him.” she said standing up, before running out of the office.

 

 Epsilon glanced at his parents and Chae Rin's parents before standing up, grabbing his brother, bowing quickly and running out of the office after her.

 

  “What do you plan on doing Epsilon?” Ricky asked, allowing his younger brother to pull him.

 

 Of course being brothers they told each other everything, including what happened between Chae Rin and Epsilon during their early school years. Of course with Epsilon becoming heir to the company, he didn't want to get involved with some little girl whom, although he did like her, was quite literally falling over him. Epsilon confided in Ricky and said that even though he liked Chae Rin, he didn't want to date her and constantly pushed her away because he though she wanted him for money. It wasn't until freshmen year, when Chae Rin came back with a whole new look, did he realize that she had plenty of her own money, or in this case, her fathers money.

 

  “Follow her and find out where she is going. Just to make sure she gets home alright.” he replied, still pulling his brother.

 

  “How do you plan on following her with no car?” Ricky asked, stopping his brother for a second.

 

  “Oh please. I know dad handed you the keys in the elevator.” Epsilon said, partially rolling his eyes.

 

  “Very cunning.” Ricky said, allowing Epsilon to carry on.

 

 They arrived in the parking garage where they heard crying and someone talking on the phone. Epsilon hid behind a wall to make sure Chae Rin didn't notice them before sneaking towards his fathers car and getting in.

 

  “She's leaving, let's go.” he said, putting on his seat belt.

 

  “We don't even know where she is going.” Ricky said, buckling his seat belt as well.

 

  “This is why we follow her.” Epsilon said, making it sound obvious.

 

 They followed her until she pulled into a park and got out of her car. Ricky parked the car on the opposite side of the parking lot, but made sure they could still see her.

 

  “Why did she come here of all places?” Epsilon asked, looking around.

 

  “I don't know....wait. Don't you know that boy?” Ricky asked, pointing at the boy who was now talking to Chae Rin.

 

  “That's Delta, but why is he here?” Epsilon asked, shaking his head in confusion.

 

  “She was talking on the phone...maybe she asked him to meet her here.” Ricky said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

  “Let's go, they are walking away.” Epsilon said, getting out of the car with Ricky following close behind.

 

 We followed them and not long after, they found a place to sit where no one would be able to hear them, or at least that's what they thought.

 

  “So....you have to get married?” Delta asked, sitting as close to Chae Rin as possible.

 

  “Yeah...my parents said I was engaged ever since birth.” she said, leaning onto his shoulder.

 

 Epsilon tensed up at the action and Ricky put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down before he revealed they were there.

 

  “Did they say to whom?” Delta asked, resting his head on top of hers and playing with the tips of her fingers.

 

  “It changed. I was originally engaged to Chang-hyun, but because he became a singer he lost his right to be heir for the company. Now I have to get married to...stupid Epsilon.” she said, turning to hide her face in his shoulder.

 

 Epsilon made a face and looked at his brother when she called him stupid. Ricky just shrugged and continued listening.

 

  “Yeong Jin?...I'm so sorry Faith...” he said, holding onto her left hand tightly.

 

  “It's not your fault. I'd rather marry Chang-hyun or you...but I can't change what my parents have already done.” she said, squeezing his hand.

 

 Ricky snickered and Epsilon slapped him a little before glaring at him.

 

  “What did you say when you ran away?” he asked, rubbing his thumb against the palm of her hand.

 

  “I told them that until I have to marry him, I want nothing to do with him.” she said, sitting up straight.

 

  “They never said you had to date or something before you got married?” he asked, shaking his head.

 

  “No. My father said that we may 'sort out our differences and make amends' in the mean time, but I want nothing to do with him at all.” she said, looking at Delta with tears in my eyes.

 

  “Then be my girlfriend. Only until you have to marry a boy that you don't like anymore.” Delta said, making her glance at him in shock.

 

 Epsilon and Ricky's jaws fell open at the blunt statement.

 

  “Yeon...you really were serious when you asked me to marry you earlier today?” she asked, a tear escaping her eye.

 

 The two brothers shared a look before looking back at the two.

 

  “I'm always serious Chae Rin, well most of the time anyways. I've liked you for so long and I wish we could get married, but your parents only want money out of your marriage with Yeong Jin. Until you have to get married to him, be my girlfriend?” he asked again, making her smile.

 

  “Okay. One one condition though.” she said, sitting straight.

 

  “What is that?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

  “Come to my wedding and object it with Mari.” she said, making him laugh.

 

 Ricky laughed a little too, getting hit by Epsilon again.

 

  “I'd be glad, but Mari might kill me now.” he said, holding onto her hand again.

 

  “Why is that?” she asked, laughing at him.

 

  “I'm dating her woman now.” he said, making her laugh more as a few tears escaped her eyes.

 

  “It's okay, I think she'll be happy it's you and not him.” she said, moving to hug him.

 

  “No more crying for him okay? He isn't worth it.” Delta said, stopping her from hugging him so that he could wipe her tears.

 

  “I'll only cry happy tears from now on.” she said, smiling at him as he hugged her tight.

 

  “Good. Want to go on our first date now then? It's still pretty early.” he said, standing up and holding out his hand.

 

  “I need to change first.” she said, pointing at the fact that she was still wearing her clothes from school.

 

  “Then go home and i'll pick you up there okay?” he said, pulling her up from the bench.

 

  “Okay. I'll see you soon then.” she said, smiling at him before they walked to their cars.

 

  “I'll be there okay?” he said, climbing into his car.

 

 She gave him a thumbs up before driving away.

 

 Epsilon watched as the two drove off with his brother behind him.

 

  “That's why you never wait to tell a girl how you feel about her.” Ricky said, patting his brother hard on the back before leaving.

 

…..................WHOOOO!!!....this is actually the longest chapter so far :D Hope you liked finding out why Epsilon was the way he was towards Faith, but she still doesn't know the truth and now is dating Delta. Such an interesting beginning to a story. I love you all and shall right ASAP! Once again, thank you to my new (and old as well) subscribers, you guys are awesome! :)