Chapter 2: Childish Fighting

Captivated (Not Continuing...)

Chapter 2: Childish Fighting

 

Third Person's P.O.V

Jonghyun ate happily as the sweet women fed and praised him for his handsomeness and bravery. Being the gentlemen he was—he smiled and denied bashfully. But thanked them either way as he ate his small fruit mix and fresh bread. The young girls from the village flirted and caressed his skin showing off their charms. Hoping to win a handsome husband in the end; Jonghyun wouldn’t mind having a beautiful wife, but he knew he would not make them “happy” since his lust fell toward a more tone and broad like elf with stunning features. But he flirted back to give them happiness.

“Jonghyun?” Jonghyun turned to his name as the youngest girl sat on his lap and played with his woven bracelets. She was about ten and super adorable as she giggled with her auburn hair blowing softly.

“Your friends have woken up.” Jonghyun was confused for a moment before remembering the two high elves. He excused himself from the pouting ladies as he went into the inn room where a very sore and confused Kibum was being treated by the village midwife.

“There you go sweetheart—please don’t move much as the stitches might reopen. And drink your tonic (medicine) to boost the recovery.” She patted his head but he flinched and pushed her hand away in annoyance.

“Don’t touch me. Where is Minho?” His voice broke from exhaustion.

“He is being treated next door.” Jonghyun watched in amusement as Kibum tried to get up but flinched and grabbed the back of his head.

“Please rest and I’ll check on your friend.” She left quietly as Jonghyun stood against the adjacent walls calmly for a moment or two before Kibum finally notice another in the room. He gasped in shock before looking for his blade only to come out empty handed.

“Your things are right here.” Jonghyun pointed to the folded pile of clothes and weapons. Kibum looked at Jonghyun for a moment before holding out his hand in a ‘give me’ motion. Jonghyun just sat there never moving an inch.

“Hello~ give my things to me and who are you? Why are you here? What happened to me?”

“One question at a time; one—no; two—Jonghyun; three—checking on you; four—you were attacked by an ambush.” Jonghyun was proud that he answered perfectly, making Kibum shock for a moment before scoffing in arrogance.

“What do you mean ‘no’? Why are you checking on me Jonghyun?”

“You’re in no shape to move around yet and I was the one that saved your life; should at least see if you’re alive.” Jonghyun knew he was being dramatic; Kibum wouldn’t have died from his injuries, but he liked the small fluster come across Kibums face.

“Well—th-ank you I guess.” After that it was awkward before Taemin came marching in with a sour face.

“Tae—what’s with the look?”

“The frog bean-stalk is awake and driving me crazy. You deal with him; I’ll take princess over here.”

“Who are you calling princess woman?” Kibum felt offended by this long haired female that marched into the room. Her clothes consisted of loose harem pants that stop calve level and clung to her legs at the end. She had leather sashes that cover her chest and back like an ‘x’ with two matching black bands around her pretty tone arms. This girl had some strong features.

“Woman?!” Taemin was definitely more offended as he swung around in anger and a very flat chest and toned stomach met Kibums’ face.

“You’re a boy?” Taemin bit his lip in anger as Jonghyun chuckled.

“Yes I’m a boy—I have a too if you need to see it.” Kibum was definitely flustered now as Taemin reached for his waist band.

“Nononono—I’m sorry.” Taemin was satisfied with this and sat at the end of the room on the small cot.

“You’re friend is a real pain in the .” Kibum was confused until he heard struggled footsteps behind the door.

“Hey—girly boy—I need your help.” Taemin’s eye twitched with anger as he ignored Minhos calls. Jonghyun sighed and opened the door.

“Oh—I’m looking for a very feminine looking guy—long brown hair and pale skin.” Jonghyun moved to show an upset Taemin.

“Hyung—why did you let him in?”

“You’re the one that wanted to help these two…” Seeing he was right, Taemin hushed up.

“Min…” Minho came in and smiled happily as he came over and sat next to Kibum whose persona relaxed at the familiar face.

“Thankfully you’re okay.”

“What happened?”

“You don’t remember?”

“Doctor said with the blow to the head he might not remember everything clearly.” Jonghyun spoke as Minho looked him up and down before looking away in boredom. Jonghyun was very close to smacking this elf upside the head if Taemin hadn’t grabbed his hand.

“Well…we were ambushed back at Fishord. Chanyeol helped us escape but they planned that and attacked me and you. I was hit with an arrow and passed out sometime after these two came and stopped them from killing us.” Kibum soaked it in as he remembers his shouts and a sharp pain in his neck then green eyes.

“Who attacked us?”

“I don’t remember.”

“Dark elves…” Taemin muttered as he yawned from boredom.

“Dark elves…why would they attack us? We haven’t had problems with them for some decades now.” Minho shrugged as he turned to Taemin and Jonghyun.

“Thank you—you’ll be paid handsomely for your bravery when we get back to the castle.” Taemin perked at the sound a payment but Jonghyun just scoffed.

“We don’t need your money high elf. Just be careful next time. Don’t want to break a nail right?” Jonghyun mocked. Minho bit back his temper as Kibum gave Jonghyun a snobbish stare down.

“Sure could put it to use with those rags you have on.” Taemin was quick to stop Jonghyun from killing these two.

“Look—you’re welcome is what my cousin is trying to say. We don’t need payment for a good deed. Plus we live just fine with these rags.” Kibum rolled his eyes as he let the long hair elf win.

“Anyway—is there a way to have a message sent out to explain our location?”

“This village delivers message by foot and it will take a few days with stops in between, but we have horses and cargo cart; we’ll take you back and be done with this.”

“We can take care of ourselves wood elf.” Minho spoke with authority.

“Yeah—because you did so great yesterday—look…take a couple days to rest up and we’ll you home safely with a back route we use. Away from the mainlands and watching eyes, because whoever tried to have you killed is definitely looking for you.” Taemin spoke for his cousin who was close to leaving them here. Jonghyun looked Taemin down as he scoffed and left with stomping feet. Taemin knew Jonghyun was about to chew him apart, so he left slowly after him.

“Can we at least get some food girly boy?” Minho mocked Taemin from behind making his back twitch from the demeaning name. Taemin turned slowly as he bit harshly on his tongue to stop the vulgar words about to fly from his mouth.

“I’ll see that the midwife brings you some food…do you need anything else bean stalk?” Minho was left huffing in annoyance as Taemin marched away. Kibum sighed and took a good look around the room. It was cabin-like with hard wood cots that were covered with piles of hay that lay beneath the blanket as a makeshift bed. The windows were just bare with no glass—letting all the fall air inside. The walls were cracked stone that was covered in stains of water and moss. It smelled like trees and dirt.

“This room is disgusting—how do these elves live like this?” Kibum was honestly shocked at how poor these elves are. He never really had a care in the world for the poor; seeing that his parents never let him roam the kingdom much.

“I have no clue—makes me happy we lived how we do.” Soon a small knock came as the same young girl that sat with Jonghyun came in with a long tray that held their fruits and bread with fresh well water. She was nervous to see the two intimidating high elves. Hearing how mean their type was enough to have her staring at the ground in fear. She sat the tray on the small nightstand and bowed.

“Child…” She flinched thinking she was in trouble as shook slightly in her place.

“Yes s-sir?”

“Look up.” She slowly looked up to meet their bright blue eyes with her soft green ones.

“We’re not here to harm you child; no need to fear us.” She looked at them cautiously, searching for lies, but once she saw they spoke the truth she instantly perked up.

“Yes sir! Please enjoy.” She smiled adorably making Kibum smile softly as Minho’s heart warmed at the beautiful child. She left with a natural skip as Minho served Kibum and himself.

“Cute little thing—too bad she’s poor…” Kibum whispered, not realizing there were ears listening outside.

“Hyung—does being poor make us seem that bad?” Taemin whispered, heart burning from the small insult Kibum just said. Even though Kibum might not even realize he is being rude.

“Everything that isn’t high elf code is bad…let’s just get ready to leave in a couple days…” Jonghyun left quickly as Taemin stared at the door for a moment longer before following his cousin.

3 Days Later

Kibum and Minho were able to move freely now; Kibums neck no longer gave him pain—just some soreness. Minho was able to move about with his arm in a makeshift sling to not open the stitches. They walked to the front of the inn. Watching the poor elves work hard; selling, buying, and building. Children walk together to the small school that was up the hill behind the homes. There were also some people sleeping in the corners of houses in barely any clothes, but those that passed would give them food, water, and fabric to get by. It was really amazing in the eyes of the two high elves. Giving to the poor was not even thought of in their home kingdom; poor was left to fend for themselves or just die. That was how they saw it at least.

“You two ready?” The jump from their day dreaming to find Taemin there in new dark blue breeches and a tight tan vest with no shirt with his same black leather bands on his arms and bare feet.

“Yes.” They followed quietly as they made their way onto the cart with the supplies that were being stacked by Jonghyun. He also wore similar new clothes but his were light brown breeches with light blue vest; strong muscles out and proud. Kibum found himself staring too long before he was pushed by Minho who was trying to say something.

“W-what?”

“Look…”

Kibum looked off the cargo cart to find the little girl from a few days back. She had two sets of flowers as she handed them to the two high elves. They shockingly took them as she batted her lashes and ran away blushing. Jonghyun saw this and smiled fondly.

“Looks like you too got a little admirer there.” Kibum smelled his baby breaths and roses with fondness. His thoughts were calm and sweet before remembering that this is just a gift from a poor child.

“She must just want food or something…” He shrugged as he placed the flowers down. Jonghyun ‘tsked’ as he finished strapping the food and supplies to the cart tightly.

“Stupid …” He spat quietly.

“What?” Kibum thought Jonghyun spoke to him, but Jonghyun just shook his head and continued to finish up. Once he was done he turned to see if Taemin was sitting in his spot, only to see it empty. He looked around to find him being kissed on and given flowers or marriage proposals; Taemin was too flustered to do anything. Jonghyun chuckled and whistled loudly, making Minho and Kibum flinch, but catching the ladies and Taemin’s attention.

“Sorry ladies it’s time for us to go!” Jonghyun shouted. Taemin praised his cousin and bowed to the ladies while carrying his gifts. His cheeks red from blushing and smelling of natural perfumes; the ladies pouted and sighed at their lost chances.

“I’m sorry, but we’ll see you beautiful ladies again.” Taemin teased lightly, making the women blush and sigh in longing. With Jonghyuns’ help he placed everything down and waved goodbye. Jonghyun bowed goodbye as the two high elves just sat there tense as always. Jonghyun got the horses going and soon the village began getting smaller and smaller. After a little while it was just land and forest within their eye sights.

It was quiet besides Jonghyun soft humming and Taemin quietly carving away, the wooden scraps falling or blowing in the wind. His hair was falling over his shoulder as he concentrated down on his task. Not seeing that his foot was rubbing over Minho’s trousers—staining them with dirt. Minho saw this and rolled his eyes as he pushed Taemins foot off, making Taemin jerk and almost cutting himself.

“Yah! What’s your deal?!” Taemin shouted making Kibum and Jonghyun look over. Kibum found himself closer to the front of the cart to stare ahead (and at Jonghyun…).

“Your dirty little foot rubbed my pants, just getting rid of the hassle.” Taemin was so annoyed by this elf that he raised his foot and smirk. Minho looked appalled as the younger elf rubbed his dirty foot across Minho’s vest jacket. Kibum watched with an open mouth as Jonghyun laughed to himself.

“You little fuc—.”

“You started it, . It’s just a foot.” Taemin stopped Minho from choking the life out of him when he had leaned over to yank him up. Minho huffed and pinched his nose; he didn’t need murder on his hands. But this skinny elf was pushing his buttons for some unknown reason.

“It’s still disgusting…”

“Please…your people are more disgusting…” Taemin rolled his eyes as he put his things away.

“Excuse me? How?”

“Never mind…I need to get away for a minute.” With that Taemin hoped out of the cargo cart with ease though they were moving at decent pace. He ran over to the woods and slipped into the dark shadows.

“Where is he going?”

“Just thinking—trust me…he can keep up.” Minho snorted at Jonghyun as a response and stared out into the woods where Taemin disappeared into. For some stupid reason Minho actually felt bad for possibly hurting the girly elf’s feelings. But with his pride, he chose to ignore it and get some sleep; leaving an awkward Jonghyun and Kibum alone to sit together.

Kibum watched as Jonghyun coughed every now and then to break the quiet tension, but never saying anything. Seeing as Jonghyun wasn’t going to be the first to speak, Kibum chose to do it himself.

“So…I’m Kim Kibum…” Waiting for Jonghyun to say something was like watching ants walk. Kibum grew angry at Jonghyun for ignoring his invitation to make conversation.

“You are…” Kibum said with impatience.

“Steering two horses…” Jonghyun knew he was being cold for no reason, but he didn’t want to grow close to these two elves—especially these two elves. Kibum his teeth and leaned back; completely furious at this nobody elf. What was making him madder is that this nobody was actually making him upset in the first place.

“Wow~ such a personality…do you always treat others this way?”

“Only those I don’t like.”

“Hah…and what have I done to you??” Kibum was red by now as he sat on his knees, making the cart shake. Jonghyun glared at the high elf for almost tipping them.

“Hey—stay put. And I don’t need a reason to not like you. I just don’t.”

“Prick.” Kibum whispered out loud making Jonghyun halt the cart. Minho jerking awake and a far away Taemin look at them in worry.

“You want to say that again?” Jonghyun turned around to Kibum, who was stabilizing himself before glaring back at Jonghyun.

“Pr-i-ck. Are you deaf?” Kibum wasn’t backing down to this “little” wood elf as Jonghyun tried to intimidate him.

“Watch yourself high elf.”

“Or what?” Kibum stood up on the cart making Minho hold on in reflex. He was worried this could get ugly soon with Kibum’s stubbornness. Taemin was making his way down as well, seeing that his cousin was not holding back this time. Before Minho or Taemin could stop them—Jonghyun had tackle Kibum off the cart. Shocked for a moment, Kibum let out a ‘oomph’ sound before flipping Jonghyun onto his back, but Jonghyun was ready to them roll around in the dirt.

“Yah—Hyung!” Taemin and Minho had run over to try and help, but Minho aggressively knocked Taemin over with force. Though it was accidental, Taemin was still pissed off at the taller elf so he stood up and shoved him into the cart; none noticing the horses neighing.

“What is your deal!?” Minho shoved back, but his strength wasn’t that strong with only one arm.

“You! You’ve been acting like a for days now. Do you have a problem with me!?” Taemin shouted and shoved Minho again into the cart. This caused Minho to grip up Taemin as the other two fought on the floor. The four elves fought and argued for a moment longer before the neighing and breaking finally caught their attentions. They all turned to find their things being tossed onto the ground before two young elves were off with their food.

“Yah!” The four elves screamed and chased the cart, but they used a good amount of their strengths with fighting.

“!” Jonghyun cursed as he kicked a rock in frustration.

“What now?” Kibum asked slightly scared of being stranded.

“Calm down princess…we’re going to have to hike it to the next village and hope they have a cart and horses to spare.”

“But can’t we walk our way back?”

“On foot? Me and Taemin could possibly do it, but you two won’t last a day without rest.” Kibum rolled his eyes and Minho scoffed.

“Try us.” They said in a challenging motion. Taemin and Jonghyun shrugged before agreeing to the two idiots. They grabbed their few things to carry on their backs before turning to the high elves.

“Fine.”

About 5 hours in Kibum was whining while Minho tried not to show his pain in his ankle that his twist two hours back; being the man he is.

“Oh. My. God! Stop whining—please!” Jonghyun hushed a pouting Kibum. Who ended up looking really cute for a moment. Jonghyun chose to ignore the burning on his face as being hot.

“Hyung—it’s getting late anyway. Let’s crash somewhere for the night.” Taemin whispered as he checked the two elves. Kibum was whining but he looked fine, but Minho was lagging a little with a slight twist in his face. Taemin knew something was up with him. Jonghyun sighed, but knew the younger was right. They walked deep into the woods for a while longer before coming across an older cottage. They all silently praised in happiness, while Jonghyun knocked on the door. An older woman answered some time later was surprised to find four cute elves at her door.

“Yes?” Her small voice drifted out.

“Ma’am, do you happen to have some room to spare? We are traveling through the woods but we lost our cart and horses with all our food and most of our items.” She was quiet from worry; she didn’t know these children and taking them in could be dangerous on her half.

“We will work for the room and bed as pay since we do not have money.” Taemin spoke sweetly as she smiled at the child. She couldn’t help but feel comfortable with their presence.

“Oh okay…come on in.” She moved to the side as the four men walked in quietly. Taemin and Jonghyun bowing, but Kibum and Minho just nodded since bowing seemed too much.

“Will you boys like some food? You must be famished.” They perked up at the thought of food and nodded. She walked slowly towards the griddle and opened it to show boiling porridge and sweet bread next to it on a plate.

“I have plenty—serve your selves.” They each got a bowl and piece of bread and sat on the floor eating happily with loud sighs of satisfactions. The elder woman ate at the table watching the young boys with curiosity.

“What brings you boys out here? Especially two high elves.”

“You know we’re high elves?” Kibum asked—he was shocked since their appearances were not very royal now with dirt and grass covering them.

“Anyone can see the way you both eat alone that you’re from high raising and your signature blues eyes definitely help.” She teased, making Kibum smirk and Minho chuckle. Making Taemin and Jonghyun slightly shocked at their “nice” behavior.

“I am heading to bed. There is an extra room for my children left behind with two beds in it to the left, and a bed room behind the last door in the hall, but only one bed in there. I hope that will not be a problem.” They shook their heads and bid her a good night.

“I will wake you in the morning for the work I will need help with.” Jonghyun and Taemin agreed, but Kibum and Minho were worried. Hard labor was not their thing.

“Okay—you two can have the two beds and we’ll share.” They were fine with that and went their separate ways. None even bidding a goodnight—this trip turning into a longer adventure then it should have been. All worried when they can actually go home at this rate.

 

I’m back guys! I’ve missed you so much~. How have you been? Any new things happening? I’m almost done for the semester now…then I have summer things to do; life never stops. But I’ve been itching to come back to my home with my family (you guys of course) I missed hearing from you and seeing how have you been doing.

I also feel so behind since we never got to fangirl/boy together over Taemins’ comeback. Press it was an amazing album; still can’t stop listening to it. My god the boy can be a real man when he wants to. Then he turns back into the adorable Lee Taemin we adore. Did you guys watch Descendants of the sun staring my hubby Onew (and actor hubby Joong-Ki)? If you haven’t please do watch it. Awesome K-drama; to me it was as amazing as Kill Me, Heal Me.

Back to the story lol. Well as you see our lovely couples do not like each other so much. A lot of tension going on, what do you guys think? Is it fun and light? I hope you like it; this will be a refresher story compared to all my dramatic stories ^^

Comment & Subscribe!

Until Later

My Fellow SHAWols & Kpop Lovers

Annyeong!

Kori<3