Chapter 1: Forest Trap

Captivated (Not Continuing...)

Chapter 1: Forest Trap

 

Kibums P.O.V

It was the day after our battle tournament as Minho and I were getting ready for our trip through the woods. I just finished putting on my armor and placing my sword in its sheath. I walked out my bedroom with confidence as our servants bowed in respect as I smirked at them. The females blushed as the males stood down in intimidation. I made it to the family court hall where Minho was waiting for me. He was discussing plans with Chanyeol who was the second in command next to Minho himself.

“Everything set?” Minho turned and bowed with Chanyeol. It was weird watching my best friend bow to me now, but after he was made the general of the royal guards; he had to treat me as a royal prince.

“Everything is ready your highness. When you ready we can be on our way.” Chanyeol spoke; he seemed hard with his deep mellow tone, but the man was a complete dork when drunk.

“How long will the trip be?”

“About 5 days. With chances of some setbacks—no longer than a week your highness.” I nodded as I loosened my neck from the late night tension.

“I will say goodbye to mother and father. I’ll meet you at the gates Chanyeol; Minho please follow me.” Chanyeol bowed as Minho gave him commands to ready our horses and carts. We walked towards the court yard where I found mother drinking her tea peacefully as father was talking with his royal guard quietly.

“Mother.” She turned and instantly smiles at me, making me smile back as she stood up and gave me a long hug. Then I heard a sniffle, making me pull back to see her pouting with small tears in her bright blue eyes. I wiped them away with my thumbs as I caress her youthful-like face.

“Why are you crying mother?”

“My baby is leaving me!” She wailed as she clung to me, making me worried as Minho chuckled and shrugged as I looked to him for help (obviously not receiving any). I hushed her quietly as the hand maids looked with worry and my father turned to look at us.

“Mother please—stop. I’m not leaving forever—it’s just one week at most.”

“But-but what if you get hurt—or what i-if you’re eaten by a wild boar? Oh my baby!” I sighed at her over dramatic idea as I smiled tenderly. I knew I got my personality from someone.

“Mother—I’m not going to be eaten by a boar or get hurt.”

“Pr-promise?” It sounded as if I was talking to a two year as I nodded and held out my pinky. I small thing we’ve been doing for decades now. She took it and kissed my cheek softly as a strong “ahem” interrupted us. I looked over her should to see my father standing there with his normal stoic face.

“Do you have everything ready Kibum?” Minho bowed as I nodded confidently. For many years I have been trying my damn hardest to please him, but he forever makes it so hard on me—forever comparing me to Soo Hyun hyung.

“Good—remember to respect and be—”

“Direct. I understand father.” He sniffed and came to me and patted my back strongly, the awkwardness was strong within the small distance between us. Mother encouraged me from behind to keep going. I cough slightly held out my hand.

“I’ll be back soon.” Father stared at it for a moment before taking it.

“Good; safe trip son.” With that he left with his guard. Mother gave a thumbs up as I kissed her cheek; she walked me and Minho to the front gates as she reminded us to be safe and represent the High Kingdom proudly. As we finally got to our horses I was shocked to see my brother standing along with Jisoo—the royal ministers son.

“Shocking that you’re here brother. Come to send me off?” He turned with a matching smirk as he sent Jisoo away with a wave of his hand.

“Just coming to tell you not to screw up like always; I don’t feel like cleaning up your mess again little brother.” I bit my tongue since mother was here as she scolded him for his rude way of saying goodbye.

“I’ll do my best—I mean nobody could really top your failure to land the hand of west Kingdoms daughter. What did that wine taste like on your face?”

“Don’t die out there little brother.”

“Don’t worry—I’ll make sure not to disappoint you.” With that he left as mother shook her head at me.

“What? I tried.”

“Try harder; I hate that the men of my life act like this. We are a royal family—when you get back promise me you’ll at least try harder to mend things with Soo Hyun?” I sighed at the puppy eyes she gave me as I mounted my horse.

“Who am I to disappoint my mother?” She smiled and stepped back as she waved.

“I’ll be back before you know it.” With that we were off. The first few minutes was going through the path that leads deep into the forest. Minho was riding calmly along my left side as Chanyeol was on my right. There were five my guards with us as well as the rider the lead the cart full of our goods, supplies, and trading goods. It was very quiet as we got deeper into the woods. It was damp from the late night rain from last night and many bugs were out. I could hear the annoyed grunts of Chanyeol as he swatted them away and I cringed in disgust when a large moth touch me.

“This is one of the reasons why I said to take the mountain ranges Minho.” I huffed as I looked to see Minho his exposed neck. I chuckled as he turned to me and glared as his upper lip turned in disgust.

“Yes, yes; it would have been better, but then it would have taken us almost two weeks to reach the kingdom and back with the possible setbacks. Better to go through this wet misery called a forest than travel that long.” Just then a pebble came flying through—whacking Minho in the back of the head.

“Ow! Who through that?!” He stopped his horse to glare at his men. The guys just shrugged and shook their heads no.

“Well someone did—you wanna die?” He hissed as I chuckled.

“Yah—it’s a small rock. No need to behead someone; besides I don’t think it was them.”

“Then who?” I shrugged as we began riding again. This time Chanyeol riding in the front to lead as the men spread out a little as the pathway opened up into a meadow opening. It was very green as deep purple and blue flowers bloomed across the grass field. My mother would seriously love this if she got to see it.

“Maybe it was a small monkey—I heard we have some around here.” Minho grunted as he rubbed the back of his head. It was about to be about 6 to 7 hours in when we finally stop for rest. I hop off my horse for a nice long stretch as I rubbed my back side.

“How can you ride that long without wanting to stop?” I looked to Minho as he came next to me. Chanyeol checking our supplies as the men went to handle some bathroom business.

“Years of practice, plus the saddle help with the pressure on your behind.” I nodded as I went into the bushes to relieve myself. Minho doing the same some feet back.

“How long do we have until the township?” It was a peaceful town that was taken care of by my father and uncles. It boarder the East Kingdom that we were set to meet with.

“About two to three days if we take sleep for the whole night and take decent sixe breaks in between.” We finished up and began heading back when I heard a crack of a stick and I immediately grabbed my sword. Minho rushing to my side with his sword out and ready.

“Who’s there?” Minho commanded with a voice I barely ever hear come out of him. It was quiet as nothing responded back; then we heard a clacking some feet to our left as we ran towards that direction. I was right behind Minho as he hovered over a berry bush; ready to cut down anything or anyone that challenges. Minho reached slowly to move the bush, the small hint of nerves bundling up as he grabbed the twigs.

“Hah!” He shouted as he pulled it back only to meet a curious rabbit before ran off into the forest from the obvious threats. I huffed at our eagerness as I shook my head in disappointment; I patted Minho on the shoulder, sheathing my sword to my side.

“Let’s go; touch my riding made us tired.” Minho his tongue as his stance got limber and he placed his sword away with some doubt.

“I don’t know—that sound was too loud for a rabbit to make…whatever. I’m starving.” With that we found the Chanyeol waiting with bread and honey and raspberry juice. Then we were saddled and riding again. We rode for two days when we finally saw the sign that announced we were soon to enter the Land of Fishord Village. It was also the best place to find fresh fish and sea crops—since they often dealt with the nearby river and ocean liner. The men praised in joy as I smile in thankfulness. The dreadful forest was down grading on my list the longer we stay in it.

Just then Chanyeol halted as Minho looked around in curiosity. I looked to them confused as did their men.

“What’s wrong? Why have we stopped?”

“Something’s wrong—there should have been a post guard close by to welcome us. The Fishord lord knew we would be stopping through.” Chanyeol spoke as I went to question, just as a arrow flew out and took out our cart rider.

“Ambush!” Minho shouted as I went to hop off as men from all surroundings came.

“No! Minho—take Prince Kibum to safety. We’ll handle it!” Chanyeol shouted as he took down two men with ease.

“I cannot leave you!” Minho shouted as stabbed a dagger into a man charging him.

“We’ll be fine—it is our job to protect the prince. Go! I’ll find you when everything is clear!” Minho hesitated as I knocked a man off me as Minho grabbed our horses.

“Lets go!”

“But—”

“Now Kibum!” I listened as Minho lead me to the left—away from the ambush and away from the village.

“What about Chanyeol?”

“I taught him well. There weren’t many there.” We rode far away as fast as possible when it hit me.

“Minho if it was an ambush—why wasn’t there more? Would they need for our goods?” Minho turned to me in fear when an arrow hit him in the shoulder. Making him fall off his horse; I shouted in fear as I left mine as grabbed him. He was hissing a pain—the arrow deep in his right shoulder.

“I can’t believe that worked that perfectly?” I turn to have a foot kick me across the jaw line—my neck stiffening in pain as I held my jaw.

“Is this the prince? We kill him right?” I looked to see a deep purple eye and straight black hair fell over one the other eye.

“We were told to—kill the guard; I handle this one.” The man punched me again as I tried to move. He sat over my waist as I heard Minho shout my name. I looked up with blurry vision. I was a failure; I was going to die and it was because I can’t defend my men or people. Father will probably spit on my grave in disappointment.

“Good riddance in the name of Park—argh!” I saw the man fall over me and something warm rain down my neck. There was rustling as I tried to move, but the pain in my neck was preventing me. Then it grew quiet as I looked to see deep green eyes.

“So pretty…” With that I passed out.

 

Taemin’s P.O.V

I was minding my own business when I heard the noise of wood and horses. I jumped up from the flower bed I made and climbed quickly into a nearby tree. I see the group of men riding east; their embroided clothing and riding gear told me they were from the northern Kingdom of the high elves. I ‘tsk’ in annoyance; they were bastard that tried to control all the damn lands; leaving nothing for my people to live off of except our own hands and dirt beds. I follow quietly—tree by tree as they talked softly. Then I heard a name that caught my attention; the face making the name better.

“So handsome…” I bit my lip in shock. What is wrong with me? Hyung would have pushed me out of the tree by now. I listen to them complain about the bugs, making me realize I grew use to it and we learn how to prevent it the best way as well. I was very fond of the man until he insulted our home. Something in me told me to use the small pebble in my palm. So I chucked it and it hit him perfectly; making me giggle to myself. He freaked out—blaming it on his guard dogs.

I see that one had a tempter. For some odd reason I stuck by them; it was curiosity I guess. I was watching from the grass land now on the dirt ground as the men handle their bathroom break. Looking away in awkwardness of course—I’m not a ert like my hyung. I went to move when I stepped harshly on a twig. I heard them get quiet and a strong question met the air. Panicking that they would attack I grabbed a rock and though it to the left as they chased it. I climbed a tree and decided to stay this far back.

They left as I snacked on some berries until a stick whacked me in the head.

“Yah!” I turned to see a displease Jonghyun hyung. His hands on his hips like my mother would do.

“What have I said about going off this far—and stalking high elves at that. Taemin this is super risky—come on; let’s go home.” He grabbed my wrist, but I tugged it back in defiance.

“Come on hyung—aren’t you a little curious?” He sniffed and pushed his hair back.

“Their snobby, destructive, and whiny.”

“I know—but look.” I pulled him into the trees as I snuck us as close as possible. They were eating as I pointed at the man named Minho with his loud mouth friend.

“See how good-looking they are—plus his friend is just your type.” He looked and I watched him stared for much too long making me happy.

“Whatever—so what he’s beaut—nice looking.” He coughed and looked away. I smirked and sat on the branch.

“What was that? Beautiful?” He sat down too as he smacked me upside the head.

“Don’t start…why are we doing this?” I shrugged and just watched in boredom.

“We haven’t watch or done anything exciting sense we were teenagers. It can’t hurt to see where they’re going; we’ll be fine.” He sighed and stared me down before quietly agreeing.

“Then I’ll find some food—stay here.” I hummed and just watched the temperamental elf. Soon two days passed and finally announced they reached their destination.

“Come on Taemin—it’s time to head back. They made it to their location.” I huffed and pouted—hoping to stay longer; wanting to stare at the forbidden elf that I wanted to play with.

“Fine—let’s...”

“Ambush!” I heard shout and we turned in the bushes to see men raiding them—they fought for a little as a man name Chanyeol I believe had Minho take who we learned was the prince away. They rode off and we follow in fear to avoid combat and our faces spotted, but to make sure they made it out.

“Why are we doing this?” Jonghyun asked out loud as we did our best to keep up on foot with the horses.

“I don’t know…” I stopped when I heard Minho’s name shouted by the prince. I saw him fall off his horse and I could make out the small silhouette of an arrow. Just then the prince was attack by other ambushers.

“Hyung—we have to save them!” I shouted but he kept looking around dumbly.

“Hyung!”

“Taemin—they are not important to us. We don’t even know them!”

“They deserve life—life is precious no matter who you are or where you’re from. Don’t you remember that?!” I stomped my foot angrily.

“Don’t use that saying—”

“That is the only way for you to listen—now move it!” I ran on instinct and hyung chased after me. Just then I saw a dagger in an attackers hand.

“Hyung!” Jonghyun hyung ran forward and used his hidden blade as I use mine of the man over Minho. We stealthily dealt with the four attackers as I saw Minho was passed out now and so was the prince. Luckily the horses stayed by and we quickly as possible got them on them and rode off.

We rode until met a grew tired; luckily the small village we knew well let us stay as the hand ladies handle their injuries.

“You boys are very brave and honorable to have saved these young men.” The elder man spoke; I bowed as hyung nodded before leaving.

“Where are you going?”

“What? We did our part…let’s go.” I huffed and followed only for the horse were gone.

“Dammit.”

“Lets stay and leave tomorrow.”

“But I—”

“I know but we should make sure they’ll be alright, plus it would be burdensome to leave our problem on these nice people’s doorstep.”

“Stop being so nice!” I laughed as he walked back to the small inn. We used the small amount of gold from the princes’ clothes to stay the night. I took the room with Minho in it and watch over him quietly. I touch his dirt cheek with shaking hands as he groaned in pain. I knew that I was setting myself up for a weird journey—but hell I love new challenges.

“I wonder what you’re really like when you are calm? I guess we’ll find out soon…goodnight Minho.” With that I blew up the candle and let exhaustion win over.

 

Woo Hoo :)—Captivated Chapter 1 is out! Is it nice? Do you like it? It’s going to be a pretty big contrast with my other stories since this will probably be more fluffy and light on the drama. You just Met Kibum and Taemin! The chapters will be mainly about Jonghyun and Key, but some Taemin and Minho will slide in like this one.

What is happening? Who ambushed them? What does this mean for Kibum and Minho?

Stay tune for the next Chapter!

Until Later

My Fellow SHAWols & Kpop Lovers

Annyeong~

Kori<3