Panel 9

Windows

“And then you move your hand down like this, to complete the ,” Joohyun instructed. She was currently seated on Seulgi’s lap in front of an empty sketchbook. Seulgi had one arm around her waist and her right hand was covering hers. While Seulgi had regained some movement on her right hand, she still didn’t have full control over her hand and the physiotherapist had advised Joohyun to help Seulgi by teaching her how to write again.

 

“Alright lemme try.” Seulgi took the pencil out of Joohyun’s hands and tried to repeat the character Joohyun had written.

 

“Damn that looks like crap,” Seulgi huffed as she tried again.

 

“I think that’s enough for today.” Joohyun whispered and pressed a kiss against Seulgi’s cheek, her hand resting on Seulgi’s hand gently but firmly. She noticed how Seulgi’s hand had begun trembling quite conspicuously and decided that her girlfriend had reached her limits. An exasperated sigh reached her ears as the pencil was brought to rest next to the sketchbook. Joohyun knew that this wasn’t easy for Seulgi but she had to learn to be patient. Rushing things would just cause her to become more frustrated.

 

“Honestly it isn’t that bad. In fact your vertical look much straighter compared to last week’s,” Joohyun pointed out as she adjusted her position on Seulgi’s lap to face her bear. With Seulgi’s attention now away from the sketchbook and on her, Joohyun rested her forehead against her partner’s. “Easy does it. Learning is a process. Be patient with yourself okay?”

 

“Okay. Ice cream?”

 

“Definitely.” Joohyun smiled as she leaned in for a kiss.

 

 

The days passed and it was a similar routine for the two every week. As Seulgi’s right hand began to regain most of its movement, she begun to make trips down to the boutique to begin drawing for couples again. Life had finally begun to return to a sense of normalcy and it brought both Joohyun and Seulgi much joy to finally go back to their routine ways.

 

Seulgi had accompanied Joohyun to visit Seungwan at times and all was forgiven between the two. The three made for quite a crowd as conversations between them lit up the room they were in.

 

But there was still a thorn in Seulgi’s side.

 

“Honestly she’s already disowned me but I think she’s trying to wriggle her way back into my life,” Seulgi rubbed her temple as she showed Joohyun a letter drafted by her mother’s lawyer. Word had gotten about that Seulgi was back in the game and her mother, of course, wanted to get in on the action.

 

“Ignore it. Get a restraining order or something. Make sure she doesn’t-HOLY!” Joohyun gasped in shock as she held up a letter addressed to Seulgi. It was from one of the top watercolour artists in the world – Peter Hamgrok*.

 

Seulgi’s jaw dropped as she saw the letter. She had idolised this man since she was a child.

 

Dear Seulgi,

 

I have been in South Korea for a few weeks studying and learning the country’s art culture and have seen pieces of your art. Your work is beautiful and I would like to meet you to discuss an upcoming project. Would you be interested in this arrangement?

 

Regards,

Peter Hamgrok

 

P.s. Apologies for the sudden letter. I had your company type this out for me. They’ll know how to reach me.

 

“What does it say? What does it say!!” Joohyun could barely control herself as she grabbed onto Seulgi’s arm, trying to catch a glimpse of the letter.

 

“He wants to work with me on a project OH MY GOD!!!” Seulgi breathed out in disbelief. She had dreamt of this but never thought it would materialise. “Holy crap I…I…”

 

She trailed off and stared at her right hand. Her dominant hand. The hand she drew with.

 

The hand that now Bae Joohyun placed her smaller one in.

 

“Don’t let this hand hold you back,” Joohyun said as she guided Seulgi’s fingers between hers till their hands were clasping each other’s. “Seize this opportunity. Explain what happened to him and he will understand. Worst case scenario? He’ll put off the project till you’re back to 100%. And if anything,” she gave the hand a squeeze, “I’ll be right here all the way.”

 

“I know you will. You’re clothes are still in my drawer, your toothbrush is in my bathroom. Where else could you possibly go?” Seulgi chuckled as she brought their interwined hands to her lips, kissing each of Joohyun’s knuckles.

 

“But seriously. What did I ever do to deserve you?”

 

 

*Just a name I made up, this guy doesn’t exist. I have zero idea about art so idw to offend anyone.

My goodness what have I done. 

Am I back? Idk myself lol. 

Idk how this even happened. I saw people still subscribing to this fic and was like "oh wells lemme see what I've written 4 years ago"

And I think that triggered something in me? Idk. But holy smokes did I forget my entire plot HAHAHHA fml

But yes the writing is rusty. Hopefully this chaper was at least a bit entertaining.

I think it will come out italicised idk why but I typed it on word and copied and pasted it and this was what happened and I can't be bothered to rectify it so...yep.

Leave a comment if you liked it. Leave a comment if you wanna see certain stuff (idk marriage, [I'm bad at this tho], meh). Idc lolol.

I think this story may end in 1-2 chapters I don't know.

What is life.

#isthisthegreatestcomebackeverlol