Seat Partner

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       ​

       ​The bell for the end of second period rang. Seulgi let out a huff of air and leaned over his desk. It really wasn't much different –– schools in general were just schools. You were surrounded by many different people who were placed in that same room as you. They're like you, students who are in the process of learning from one person up at the front that's blabbering to you the whole time. Seulgi was going to wait until everyone exited the classroom first, before he started moving.

       ​No one has yet tried to talk to him either, which had its pros and cons. The pro was that it didn't seem like anyone cared who this new student was, and that his big secret wouldn't be blown out any time soon, and if he's lucky, it'll remain this way throughout his remainder two years of high school. The con was that he was slightly disappointed and lonely too. In some cases, schools have one of those special people who are caring and empathetic of others; the one student that would usually initiate a conversation with you and introduce you to others, and your friend list expands after that. It was a surprise to him that no one said a word to him or anything, except for the teachers. Not until,

       ​"Hey."

       ​Seulgi looked up at the source of the feminine voice. However, right when Seulgi made eye contact with her, she widened her eyes and her cheeks seemed to redden.

       ​"W–Why are you staring at me like that? A–Aren't you going to get up? T–This is my s–seat." She said.

       ​Seulgi sighed, "I get it.. Why are you stuttering anyway?"

       ​Such a silky, charismatic, masculine voice! The girl thought.

       ​"I don't know! Just go to your next class already. You have two minutes left until the tardy bell rings."

       ​Now it was Seulgi's turn to widen his eyes, "W–What? Oh, shoot! Thank you.." He hurriedly got up and ran out the door, leaving the girl alone and dazed.

       ​"Who was that?" She asked, "Oh my god, he was so cute..!" She squealed.

​       Seulgi kept running. It was his fault he put his head down for just a moment that caused a few minutes to be wasted. He swerved around the corner and entered his third period, homeroom. However, this class was the best class for homeroom. It was his only class that wasn't academic–related and homeroom periods are usually the longest period. As silly as it sounds, he sighed up for the cullinary arts class to learn how to cook. That was his only objective, and since he was living alone, it would be a great use for him to learn how to cook many other different things. It was a necessary life skill, he thought.

​       The classroom was huge, compared to the previous periods. Half of the room were filled with long, black rectangle tables where the students sat, and the other half consisted of multiple kitchens. Seulgi was going to enjoy this class after all, and for him to have it during homeroom was the best luck he could get.

​       When he entered the class, nobody was in their seats. Many desks were taken and occupied by the belongings and backpacks of the other students, but their physical bodies were all crowded in one particular area near the back. Seulgi couldn't see what was going on, but he overheard the commotion.

​       "Irene unnie! What did you do during break? Did you have a good time? How was it?"

​       "Irene noona! Can I get your phone number?"

​       Seulgi could only stand there in confusion as he thinks through his head, Ah, it's one of those people.. The very popular and well–known students who have their own group of friends. They were all either super stuck–up or super nice; these were the only two kinds and the latter was the rarest. He turns his head around and looks for an available desk, but seeing how the classroom is in such a mess, he couldn't spot which table and stool had one seat available. Then, Seulgi feels his shoulder gets tapped on.

​       "Why aren't you seated yet? Didn't the bell ring already?" Seulgi assumed he was the teacher because of his strict, blunt tone.

​       "U–Uh.. I'm a new student and this is my first year here, junior year, but..." Seulgi pointed his finger inside the classroom, "I can't find a seat open."

​       The male teacher peeks his head in and lightly excuses himself in. He clears his throat and practically shouts, "HEY!", and he startles everyone in the room, and a few ridiculous male students to stumble off of their stools and onto the floor, "The bell rang, and who said you could make a mess out of my classroom!?" Seulgi looked at him with wide eyes. His mouth was partially open, and he was not expecting him who was going to teach them how to cook be like this. It surprised him.

       "Get all of your dirty backpacks off the desks and sit at them quietly." He says, walking toward his desk and placing his belongings down, then he adds, "Ah, and no one sits next to Bae Irene."

​       Upon his announcement, literally the whole class goes, "Aww..."

​       Seulgi stands there, like an idiot. His eyes are watching every student shift into a random desk, most likely next to their friends and all, and leaving what used to be the crowded area, open. There, he sees a girl seated on a stool who was looking outside the windows. Now he understands why there were many students all around her. The only thing that he could think of was... Beautiful...

​       But he snaps out of his trance quickly enough to notice that there aren't any more seats open except for the one next to the so–called Bae Irene. He gulps and speaks up, "U–Uh.. Mr..." He looks at the board and sees his surname, "Mr. Yong, I can't sit anywhere else besides that seat over there." He pointed to the seat right next to Irene while also getting her attention toward him as well.

​       "Then just sit there."

​       Seulgi turned his head toward the girl again, and he exhaled. He noticed almost everyone in the room glared at him, and some whispered to each other.

​       "That was intentional..."

​       "Wow, how sly of him..."

​       "That was planned!"

​       Then he spoke up, "Never mind, I'll just stand and use a kitchen counter. She doesn't look that comfortable sharing seats with the students here –– don't worry. I will wipe your table off thoroughly right after."

​       T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter