A New Start

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​    

​       It was late in the afternoon. A young and lone male is seen bidding farewell to a few other men who were older than him (most likely the movers he hired). He was wearing a white, loose tanktop that showed his toned and muscular arms which showed proof that he exercised regularly. He enters the empty apartment and lets out a huff of air while he turns his head at all the neatly-taped cardboard boxes all around him with his hands on his hips. Clearly, he had a lot of work to do.

​       

​       Kang Seulgi. It's his junior year of high school, but he moved to another city by his choice. Of course, he'll admit that he was going to miss his old friends back at school, but he was a reserved and distant type of person. Why, you ask?

​       

​       Well, Kang Seulgi was an adopted boy. He always wondered how he came to be when his two ears were totally different than both his moms. He looked nothing like them –– he thought –– and when he grew old enough to understand, he confronted his parents about it that his family was different compared to everyone else, and in their case, everyone else had one dad and one mom, but he did not.

​       

​       He was adopted by gay parents, Kim Taeyeon and Hwang Tiffany, who couldn't have children together –– so they decided to adopt a child. But having gay parents wasn't a proud fact to share, however he was still grateful for them nonetheless, for giving him what he wanted and for treating him well, though Taeyeon was the stricter mom because she owned a successful business and had lots of money. She was serious most of the time, but Tiffany was the happy-eye-smiling, cheerful lady who somewhat spoiled him and was usually reprimanded a little by Taeyeon for doing so. Those were the kind of parents he has –– happy and gay.

​       

​       At least Mama Taeng is paying for my apartment fees, Seulgi thought. His parents understood the space that he wanted, and they knew that if people at his school found out he was adopted and had gay parents, then they would freak and he would be picked on. So, he moved out of the house for that reason, hoping nobody would find out his big secret. Both Taeyeon and Tiffany did feel somewhat like a burden, that Seulgi had to go through this because of them, and what they are. But Seulgi was always ever-so optimistic, and said it wasn't their fault. They were both important people in Seulgi's life after all.

​       

​       "Hello? Mom?" Seulgi asked. He was currently on the phone.

​       "Which mom are you talking to, honey?" Tiffany squealed, "I take it that you reached there safely!"

​       "Y–Yeah," Seulgi rubs the back of his neck, "I did..."

​       "Hey, you!" A voice that was obviously a little more distant from the phone yelled, "How's the new apartment? Thanks to you, the money I earn every day is cut short because of those stupid utility fees...! I need to build up our savings, ya' know!"

​       Seulgi nervously chuckled, "Haha... T–Thanks Mama Taeng."

​       "Don't call me that! –– "

​       "Okay, Seulgi Bear, maybe we should get off the phone now! We don't want to upset Mama Taeng!" Tiffany started giggling on the other line, and Taeyeon was scolding her for taking Seulgi's side. Such strange but cute parents, right?

​       "Y–Yeah.. Thanks Mama Patini, I'll call you guys later."

​       "Don't even bother to call! It's not like –– " Taeyeon's voice was cut off. What a funny mom, Seulgi thought. Did she really agree with Mama Patini to adopt him as a part of their family?

​       But he recalls all the nostalgic memories that he had with Mama Taeng, and the proof of her affection towards him:

​       

The time where they were at a beach, little Seulgi had been volunteering to take all the pictures and photos of the two women together. But Taeyeon suddenly whispered to the woman next to her. Seulgi saw Tiffany snicker and she mouthed 'sure'.

"Hey! You little rascal, get your over here!" Taeyeon yelled and gestured him over. Seulgi looked confused for a second until Tiffany walked up toward him and pat his back to go to Taeyeon.

In the end, their little beach photo ended up having little Seulgi being headlocked by Mama Taeng with a fierce facial expression.

And another time, they went up into the mountains because Taeyeon rented a vacation home. Little Seulgi had been wanderi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter