The Gang Of Guys

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                            

       The next morning, Seulgi returns to meet the students in school again. He was prepared to have people give him weird looks and stares at him just like yesterday. When he arrived at the front gate, he was walking nonchalantly in a straight path. There, he heard other female students squeal in total excitement.

       "Look, that's him! That's the new hottie at school..."

       "You guys were right. You guys were serious!"

       "Dude, I heard he beat Mino in a 200 meter sprint. Then I heard Mino lost it and punched him in the face."

       "Mino is still hot. He must've been really hot when he was mad, oh my god."

       "Hah! Don't make me laugh, Kang Seulgi is even hotter. Mino is such a sore loser for punching someone else just because he couldn't accept defeat."

       "Don't make fun of my oppa!"

       "You don't make fun of mine! It's truth anyway. It was still kind of lowly of Mino to punch someone in the face for beating him."

       "Hey, stop it!"

       Seulgi just ignored them and kept on walking. Things really do spread like breaking news, and now whatever he does and whatever he's involved with at school, everyone knows - somehow.

       "Hey! Seulgi!" A feminine voice shouted. It was the closest friend of Irene's that he's seen so far. She was the only one whom Irene let her have contact with, and the one that Irene had talked to yesterday during lunch. It was Joy.

       "How are you doing? How's your cheek?" She asked.

       "Not much, really. I'm fine, I guess." Seulgi said, casually.

       She chuckled, "Seems like you had quite the first day of school."

       "I guess."

       "Do you feel awkward around me?" She decided being blunt with him.

       "Maybe." Seulgi answered, "I still don't know you that well."

       "Well, maybe you can introduce yourself to me, Kang Seulgi." She emphasized his name, then she held her hand out, "I'm Park Sooyoung, but people call me Joy. I think I'm older than you by a year? I'm a senior, and you're a junior."

       "Uh-huh." He hesitantly took her hand and shook it. She already knew he was a junior, great. He'd expect no less that she was in her senior year. After all, she and Irene were friends.

       Then, interrupting their conversation, another masculine voice shouted out loud, calling Joy's name, "Hey, Joy!"

       Joy turned her head and smiled, "Oh, hey!" Then, she turned her head back to Seulgi, "Hey, I'd like you to meet Taemin."

       "That's Lee Taemin, nice to meet you, and you're...?"

       And Seulgi's brain lit up, Finally, someone who doesn't know who I am!

       "Kang Seulgi," Seulgi answered, shaking hands with Taemin.

       "Cool, are you a senior?"

       "No, I'm a junior.."

       "Oh? So he's younger than us?" Taemin pointed his thumb at Seulgi's chest, but he looked straight at Joy.

       Joy nodded her head, "Yup. He's a junior. He's younger than us, but he's popular already. How do you not know who Kang Seulgi is? I bet the rest of your gang knows who he is. Mino started a fight with him."

       "Already!?" Taemin exclaimed with wide eyes.

       "What?" Seulgi asked.

       Then, Taemin turned his head toward him, "You already started a fight with one of us? Woah..." He backs away with his two hands, "Now I'm not sure whether I should be close to you or not..."

       "Uh..."

       "He's kidding Seulgi, or at least I hope he is."

       "Yeah, yeah. I'm kidding," Taemin chuckled, patting his back. "I don't know what Mino was thinking, but that probably was a bad idea. I don't think you're that bad of a guy, I mean –– I don't get that kind of impression with you. Plus, Joy said he's the one who started a fight with you, so..."

       "I guess," Seulgi scratched his head.

       "Knowing Mino, he's probably going to rant it out to the whole gang with his perspective and his point of view. Maybe he might twist the words around a bit, but I won't trust him on that, okay? Even if we've been friends, I know that sounds terrible, but the truth is always right, and whatever he does is sometimes not right, right?"

       Seulgi shrugged, "Sure."

       "Are you guys done talking yet? Taemin, go back to to your gang. They're probably waiting for you." Joy said. She showed a slight frown.

       "I mean I was having fun meeting the new guy, but sure - yeah." Taemin started walking away, "I'll catch you around, Seulgi."

       "Give Sungjae my regards and a good morning too. Don't forget!"

       Taemin simply waved back at her.

       "So!" She exclaimed, "Let's go to first period, shall we?"

       "You don't have the same class as me.."

       "I can still walk you there, silly!"

       "U-Uh, sure..."

 

 

       "Irene!" Joy exclaimed, waving to her best friend brightly.

       "Oh, Joy." Irene stated flatly, "Hello."

       "Look who I brought...!" She said, pulling in the guy next to her –– Seulgi.

       Irene widens her eyes in surprise, "O–Oh, Seulgi... You're here."

       "Good morning..." He says, in a low tone.

       "Good morning."

       "What's with the awkward atmosphere? You guys should greet either more energetically, the day has just begun, so being 'tired' is no excuse." Joy said, turning her head to the both of them for a split second, "Seulgi, greet her with more energy! She's your senior!"

       "S–Sunbae, good morning!" He exclaims.

       "Joy..." Irene hissed slightly, "Why would you make people do that. The underclassmen won't like you like that."

       "Whatever do you mean?" Joy asks, with a slight sarcastic tone, "Everyone loves me."

       Seulgi chuckles a little, "You guys are nice upperclassmen. You're able to at least joke around."

       Irene puts her down toward the ground for just a moment, "Sure, you could say that."

       "Oh look! It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter