Dull happiness

The Dark Circus (An Exo AU)

*Important A/N note at the end*

Mom left, 

and so did my happiness

      He was protected, hidden from the world. No one was allowed to see him, nor have any interaction. However, he was okay with that, for his mother would stay with him. Such a beautiful woman she was, her hair glowed whenever that sweet song came on, swaying to the rhythm, she pulled him close, him clinging onto her leg.  Just sitting on her legs made him drowsy, so he held on, never wanting to let go. It was moments like these where they could both be happy, not having to worry about anything, and just letting go for once. It's almost as if sad times never happened, because they can be replaced with happiness, as his mother had taught him to be grateful, and to not let misery get to the best of him. 

As if. 

      As content as she was, it'd have to end soon. His father would be home soon, and she knew it'd be her last night. As soon as the boy fell asleep, he was taken to his room, to sleep the night away without a worry, and without pain. Running downstairs, she knew she'd been caught right when the sound of the door being unlocked was heard, smiling in content, she allowed the man to do those things to her, out of love, for it had never fallen on her part. This was the end for her, but she was okay with that, for it'd be the end of him too. He'd bring out his knife at the same time she'd pulled out her gun, both attacking at the same time, and both falling to the floor at the same time, disintegrating at the scenes. Immortals run in both families, all fully knowing the consequences of having a child would lead them to immortality, they didn't have that, but he did. 

 

      If he had known that waking up to this, the sight of both of his parents on the floor, dead, he wouldn't have woken up this morning, believing it was all a nightmare. The sight of seeing his mother on the floor covered in blood, someone he cared about so dearly, almost made him snap. Glancing over to his father, he couldn't have cared less, yet he felt pain, and that wasn't sitting quite well with him. Bursting out into tears, silently sitting on the floor, he rocked himself back and forth, knowing he'd be alone, and knowing that all of his joy and happiness would be gone forever. Mother was the only one who could make him smile, give him those happy memories he could tell his grandchildren. 

Oh little did he know, 

           Crying his heart out, not paying attention to his surroundings,

     could lead to such a consequence.

 

        He didn't bother to take notice to the flames around him, not realizing that they'd take him too. It was only when he had felt a presence, was when it was too late. Staring in horror, he watched the flames take his parents, feeling eyes on him, staring straight into black eyes, he'd know what true fear was. In that moment, the eyes came straight for him. Screaming his heart out, the flames burned, seeping through his clothes. Pain wasn't a word that could describe how he felt, no, it was so much more than that. 

 

Had he done wrong?

Was happiness such a sin?

Of course it was. 

At least in hell it was.

 

 

A/N: Personally, I really like this chapter, who knows, it may be my best one yet! I think you've all caught on what order I'm doing this in, but it's finally time for the mysteries! I will be revising and adding my hints to each of the chapters, I'm so excited! This'll very special, with the winner earning something just as mysterious as the mystery of the dark circus! I can't add my 1st hint to this chapter quite yet, so be on the look out with The boy that split in two!! Have fun!