Drowning

The Dark Circus (An Exo AU)

I felt myself swallowing the water

So, it was true,

Curiosity killed the cat.

    Junmyeon had always been a curious child, the world was just so interesting he couldn't help it. There was always something that sparked his interest, and this time it was a butterfly. Such a beauty it was, the way the black mixed with the maroon was just divine. When he had to return home that day, he never forgot that butterfly. When he went back outside the next day, the first thing he did was look for the butterfly, he didn't care how low the chances were. As he ran, he heard something crash, something that rarely happened here. As his curiosity got to the best of him, he went and saw something he's never seen before. The ocean. It's beauty caught him off guard, and he felt himself daydreaming, never once taking his eyes off of it. 

    Once he had returned to his senses, the butterfly was back. He had to catch it! Or at least get a closer view of it, just this once. The butterfly had started descending down the cliff, down to the ocean. Junmyeon, -still on the cliff- decided that, he could climb down and catch that butterfly! It was a goal that he was determind to accomplish! As he started climbing down, it was much more difficult than expected, since it was so slippery! He finally stood somewhere he felt content, with a branch hanging from the side of the cliff, so he could grasp it. He finally started reaching for that butterfly, so close, yet so far, that is, until the branch broke and he felt himself falling. His screams were so loud he felt himself losing his voice, and his back, in so much pain. Junmyeons screams came to a stop once he landed in the water, and his lungs filling with water, he couldn't swim but he tried so hard to get to the surface, even if it was just him flailing around. He felt himself growing tired, his clothes sticking to him as they grew heavy. This was it. 

     He closed his eyes, and rested. When he had awaken in a cave, one hidden within the ocean, he'd never seen himself so pale, so lifeless. It was like he was a walking corpse, a powerful one. As he lifted his arm to stretch out, the water had suddenly risen. It was a small part of water, just in the air. Once he put his arm down, the water fell. Realization hit him in the face, he could control water. After getting back to reality, Junmyeon felt tears well up in his eyes, and he collapsed. 

He was a monster. 

Weeping it's eyes out,

Alone.

A/N: So, I just took the opinion of the first and only comment, and I've started writing individual chapters for each characters.