Chapter 2

When I'm Down On My Knees

 

We woke up early in the morning, it was the middle of the school year, we got ready and headed to school together, it was a Thursday, we had been able to go out the day before because our school had a problem with the plumbing and the whole school smelt... well... foul.

We were greeted by hyungs, dongsaengs and noona's on campus as we walked towards the school's entrance.

"Hi Hyung!" Sungyeol and Hoya greets me as they walk by, Sungyeol was a tall boy with black hair, he had a very cheerful aura to him, Hoya was a very masculine boy, but he does have great aegyo. I halted to give them a high five.

"Sungyeol and Hoya, annyeong~!" Bora greets him brightly, "Do we have anything important today? I'm worried, I might've forgotten to study for something." She turns and asks me with an anxious tone in her voice.

"Bora. How should I know, we're in different classes babe." I remind her, wanting to laugh out loud. She could be so forgetful sometimes.

"Oh, right... Oh! There's Ji-eun!" She exclaims as she spots one of her classmates, "Byebye! I'll see you later Dongwoo-yah~" She says to me, then skips towards Ji-eun.

"Eo~ Annyeong! (Ok, bye!)" I smile and wave, I turn to Sungyeol and Hoya, "Let's go to class?" They both nodded,

"So hyung, how's everything with Bora noona? Wasn't it your second year anniversary yesterday?" Hoya says while we walk down the halls,

"It's going all right. I think more better than last year actually, we have bonded more I think.." I reply.

"Jeez hyung, if you two bond any more I wouldn't be surprised to see you two attached by the hip. You guys are together everyday. It's so ridiculous yet awesome at the same time. You guys never get tired of each other. Nado (me too) hyung, I want a girl who will love me like Bora loves you." Sungyeol said while pouting, "They always run away from me whenever I approach them. I think they are afraid that I'm too wild to tame." He says smugly, I laugh out loud, my hackles echo down the halls.

Hoya starts to laugh, "D-dongwoo hyung," he starts "You're laugh sounds so funny, it's like HAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!" he imitates me. I stop walking, make my face straight and stare at him, jokingly of course. But Hoya thinks that he had offended me and scratches the back of his head muttering out a small, "Mianhae hyung..." I then burst out laughing again, "HAHAHAHA! Dude, your imitation of me sounds dead on." He then slumps over in relief then springs back up with a smile as bright as ever,

"Hyung, let's eat out tonight after school?" He adds just as we reach our class rooms

"Sure!" Me and Sungyeol replied happily. I then walk into my class for another frustrating day at school, I was classmates with Hoya, so we left Sungyeol to go on his own.

Later during lunch that day, Bora visited me in my classroom with Ji-eun and Dasom. Ji-eun had long straight brown hair with a tan complexion compared to my slightly tanner Bora while Dasom had short straight black hair and had milky white skin. These two were the only friends who knew everything about her. A bright smile immediately adorns my face at the thought of an hour with Bora before we finished up our afternoon classes, she notices my gummy smile and quickly walks up to me for a nice tight hug.

"Dongwoo-yah~ are you hungry? Dasom brought us all lunch for today,"

My eyes widen, packed lunch in Korea wasn't exactly easy to make, it really requires a lot of time and effort.. "Really?! U-waaa!" I exclaim, "Thanks so much Dasom!" I express gratitude as the three girls put two desks together to make a table for four, Hoya finishes up whatever he was doing at his desk and joins us. They then unpack the lunch, I sit down and watch as six medium sized containers are laid out in front of me, I stare at the food with my mouth open,

"Ya! Jang Dongwoo! Close your mouth before any of your drool gets on the food!" Ji-eun yells as she reaches forward to push my chin up and close my mouth, we had samgyeopsal, bulgogi, fried zucchini, salted scrambled eggs, kimchi, bean sprouts and spicy squid in each of the containers. They also pull out five bowls of brown rice. Wow, Dasom must've really prepared for this, I silently think to myself. You would have had to wake up immensely early to prepare a feast like this for lunch.

Just as I grab my chopsticks I hear loud running footsteps outside our room, not only one pair of feet but multiple. I then hear loud grunting and panting coming from the door so I turn around and see Sungyeol and our other friend Sunggyu fighting for who gets the first entry to the class room. They had also brought their lunch boxes. Sunggyu eventually squeezes out of the middle and charges to our table,

"CAN I HAVE SOME?!?!?" He yells when he reaches us and sits beside me, I push him off and yell, "GET OFF BORA'S SEAT YOU POOPOO. Go sit on the other side and ask properly... Ya pig." He gets off from the floor and moves to sit down next to Dasom, leaving Ji-eun standing on one of the ends.

"May I PLEASE have some of this delicious food." He asks as he stares at the bulgogi, Sungyeol follows and Hoya sits on my lap because we couldn't add any more seats because of limited space, Sungyeol goes to bother Sunggyu to let him sit on his. We all grabbed our chopsticks and dug into the food,

"So, why do we have so much food today?" Hoya asks with his mouth full of food and rice from his own lunch.

"Nothing, just wanted today to have a special lunch, with all of my closest friends." Dasom answers him.

"Awww! Noona's so sweet. But Myungsoo isn't here?" Sungyeol says while hugging Dasom from the side, since they were sat next to each other.

"Eo, he's not here because he likes to bully me, eat a lot guys!" Dasom replies while pouting.

"Ne~!" We all reply happily and continue on with our chatty, fun, playful lunch.

Our classes have ended and we all meet in front of school just as the sun sinks down into the horizon. I first saw Sunggyu and Hoya, I approached them and jump onto Sunggyu's back,

"Hi Hyung!" I said and hopped off immediately because his stance starts to falter.

"Oh?! Annyeong." He replies with an eye smile, he had really small eyes, we liked to about it.

"Heh, hyung's sleeping while standing again." Hoya says just as the girls approach us.

"Hey guys!" Dasom greets. Hoya, Sunggyu and I wave back. Just then Myungsoo appears next to Ji-eun, Myungsoo was actually Ji-eun's twin brother.

"Hey guys! Miss me yeah?" Myungsoo says with a sly smile, "Heard about theLUNCH, I wasn't invited to..." He glares at his sister and Dasom

"If you weren't such a mysterious dramatic all of the time, I would have told you about it." His sister replies.

"YOU GUYS ARE MEAN!!!!" He suddenly let's go of his manly vibe and stomps the ground pouting causing all of us to laugh,

"Is this Myungsoo?" Hoya seriously asks, "Stop it dude. You're giving me goosebumps... You call yourself a man." He mutters out the last part.

"Where's Sungyeol?" Bora asks, "I though he was with you guys..."

"Oh, he's still in tutorial with the others." Myungsoo says, normal again. It wasn't really tutorial, but more like extra credit classes.

"Hey, remember what I said about eating out?" Hoya says to me,

"Yeah, why?"

"Well... I changed my mind, let's just chill at the park before we all head home." Hoya suggested.

"OH! YAY! I call dibs on the swings." Ji-eun exclaimed, Myungsoo facepalmed and said to himself, "I'm related to a teenage choding." The only people to hear that was Bora and I, so we silently laugh at his snide comment about his sister.

We all walk to the park with our school bags. We mess around with each other during the short journey, when we reach the playground the girls all run towards the swings. There were 3 seats so all of them got to sit, us guys just stood around them casually chatting with each other. Bora then takes the other two girls and walks with them going towards the other side of the playground.. I hear her mutter, "I have to tell you something." To Ji-eun and Dasom.. I just thought it was some kind of girl gossip. So I didn't question it. I proceeded to sit in one of the swings, lightly swaying. I observe them from afar, Bora's back was facing me but the other two girls had expressions of shock and sadness on their faces, they quickly erased it and regained normal composure. Ji-eun suddenly gives Bora a tight hug. Dasom joining them. I tilted my head in curiosity, something was definitely off.

Ji-eun and Dasom let go at the same time, but each still holding a hand of Bora's they're still chatting, after a few minutes they come back to the swings, Bora sits on my lap. I try to balance us on the swing, she wasn't heavy so it was easy for me to do so.

"Myungsoo-yah~ Let's go home. Noona still has to study." Ji-eun said softly, Ji-eun was older by half an hour so she uses that sometimes so that Myungsoo knows whose boss. Myungsoo looked annoyed since he was messing around with Sunggyu,

"Ah, we were born on the same day, on the same year, why must you force it down my throat that you are my noona. I don't want to go yeeeet..." He answered back to Ji-eun. His noona rashly approached him and whispered something in his ear, he looked pale and silently nodded. Dasom then take Sunggyu and Hoya's hand and says, "C'mon guys! Let's go to Hongdae!" the two guys look completely dumbstruck but Dasom just drags them away really quickly.

"That was really weird.." I say against Bora's back,

"Mhm..." She replies as she was admiring the night sky.

"Yah, jagi.. My legs are kinda numb now..."

"Oh, mian~" she replies then gets off my to sit on one of the benches a few feet away, I get up to follow her. We sit and cuddle for a couple of minutes before she turns her perfect little head to me and asks,

"Oppa..." She never called me oppa. Well, only that one time when she broke my PSP. I was at rage inside of me, she knew. Aegyo attacked and oppa came out.

"Eung? (Yeah?)" I reply skeptically,

"What if..."

"What if..?" I prodded her, she let out a soft sigh against my chest,

"What if, I might go far away from Seoul..." she whispered very softly I could barely hear it pass her lips.

I felt my heart take a large leap into my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there's Chapter 2. :D Sorry I take forever to write :( Exam week.