Chapter 6

When I'm Down On My Knees

 

It was just past six at night and I had just finished fixing my hair into a faux hawk, when there was a knock on the door, it was Sunggyu hyung and Hoya coming to pick me up. I look myself over one last time in the full length mirror hung on the back of my door. My plain white v-neck, dark washed jeans and black Converse looked simple yet.. It worked. I stepped out of my room and jogged down the stairs and out the front door where they had waited leaning against our gate. Hoya was in a purple polo with blue jeans and sneakers, Sunggyu hyung had on a fit t-shirt with some type of colorful print on it, his pants were dark washed and cut knees, his shoes were also black Converses. They looked like they were in a deep conversation.

"Hey yo!" I cheerfully greeted as I approached them, Hoya's head snapped towards the direction I was coming from. When I reached them, they were gaping at me.

"What's wrong?" I stood next to them, "Do I look too under dressed?"

"Uhh," Sunggyu hyung stammered while tapping his toes on the pavement. "No, actually you look great."

"Honestly hyung, we were worried you'd come out in sweats." Hoya shrugged.

"Ugh." I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Well, way to bring up my confidence and pride." I sarcastically smiled.

"Mian~" Hoya held up his hand then put it in his pocket

"Are the rest already there?" I asked

Sunggyu hyung nodded, "So shall we?" He gestured to the road.

"We shall." Hoya replied.

The club wasn't far from where I lived so we walked there. Jieun was waiting just in front of the entrance, hand in hand, with a guy I've never met before. When she spotted us she started waving frantically... Heck she even began to shout,

"DONGWOO, O MAI GAD, O MAI GAD. I can't believe you're here." We were about 5 feet from each other when she let go of the guy's hand and tackled me with a hug.

"Nice to see you again too Ji-ji~" I patted her back, I glanced at the guy she was with, he was semi-glaring at me, not really angry. Maybe just, apprehensive. He had short blond hair and was fairly built.

When Jieun let go, I looked at her. She was grinning ear to ear, "We missed you so much Woo-ah!" She exclaimed, "C'mon, let's go in." She dragged me inside as the rest of the guys followed us in.

The club had neon designs on the wall that was ignited by the blacklight the nightclub had, it wasn't too crowded but it wasn't empty either, tables were scattered just outside of the dance floor and off to the right and up some stairs were the booths and tables with chairs.

When we reached our booth everyone was there. Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Dasom, Woohyun and even Sungjong the baby.

Everyone got up and greeted me like they haven't seen me in ten million years,

Sungyeol was the first to tackle me with a hug, then Dasom and Myungsoo. When they let go, Woohyun came and patted my back and went back to sit down, then Sungjong ran up to me practically sobbing.

"Hyuuuuung!" He grabbed onto my shoulders, I could smell the alcohol off his breath.

"Woah there, Jongie!" I said as Jongie was clinging to me saying, "Hyuuuuuuung~" With teary eyes.

"We thought you'd never come out of that damned house." Woohyun said as he took a shot of his drink.

"Meh." I replied to Woohyun's side comment. "What is this baby doing in here? Is he even allowed in clubs? Why is he so drunk?" I questioned.

"I can do what I want you know? And I'm of legal age, for your information." He flipped his hair, let go of me and went to Sungyeol, moments later they were engrossed in their own world. I scoffed.

"Here." Myungsoo offered me a drink, I took a swish.

"Keuuuu~" I let out. "Ya, who's that with Jieun-ah?" I asked him pointing to the guy sitting next to her, they were giggling about something.

"Oh, Yongguk?" He began, "That's her new boyfriend. They met a couple months back. He's nice, just a little sensitive when she hangs out with you guys. Y'know, since we're all close to her. But I shouldn't count since I'm her twin." He rolls his eyes.

"Ooohhhh..." I nodded, I hadn't realized I missed so much. I took another sip of whatever drink Myungsoo handed me, it seemed like vodka mixed with cola.

"Anyeonghaseyo~" I hear a woman's voice next to me, I turn and I see Hoya with a girl. She was a little shorter than Hoya and had medium curly dark brown hair and nice bright smiling eyes.

"Hyung, I want you to meet someone." He begun, he was grinning like an idiot, might I add.

"This is Yani. My uh," He coughs, "Girl." She bows and mutters a small, "Nice to finally meet you, Dongwoo-sshi... I've heard a lot about you." My eyes almost shoot out of their sockets.

"Yeo-yeochin?!" I exclaim, he never told me about dating anyone! He nodded and she meekly holds onto his arm.

I regain my composure and flash Yani a gummy smile, "Ehem, nice to meet you too Yani-sshi. I hope my friend here has been treating you well, 'cause he certainly hasn't been treating me well." I smiled at her but glared at Hoya. I was a little brat, but hey, he's my bestfriend. And this is kind of a big secret that he hid.

"Oh c'mon, Dongwoo-ya~" He playfully hits my arm, "Quit acting like we're dating." I stick my tongue out at him and go sit in between Gyu hyung and Woohyun.

After a couple rounds everybody was tipsy, but not super drunk yet.

"YA!" Hoya stood up and shouted all of a sudden, even alarming Yani who was sitting next to him and drinking something but she accidentally spit it out when he got up so abruptly. I shook my head in disapproval. "I'm going to dance." He grinned, dragged Yani up and went out to the dance floor. He's such a doof sometimes.

I decided I wanted to dance too so I stood up but fumbled with my chair, "Anyone else wanna go?"

Jieun was busy ogling Yongguk, Dasom was playing with Sungyeol and now semi-sober Jongie, Woohyun and Sunggyu just said no. So I shrugged and went ahead.

When I got to the dance floor, I couldn't find the love birds so I danced alone. I just let the beat guide my body, not going all out, but not just standing there too. I was swaying to the beat. Alone. Just enjoying the time I had all to myself, in the middle of a sea of people. It felt very recharging, like all the energy I lost the past months had been replenished.

All of a sudden I felt someone lightly bump into my back, when I turned around, she turned around at the same time. It was a girl, she had a small face and only came up until below my shoulders. She had short, shaggy light brown hair. Her dark brown almond eyes were dawned with dark eyeshadow, winged eyeliner and light mascara. Her face was covered with a light sheen of sweat, she her lips and I noticed how full yet slim they were.

"Sorry." She said jerking me out of my trance. 

"Uh, it's okay." She look terrified, so I smiled. Which caused her to loosen up a bit, I saw she was alone,

"Would you like to dance with me?" I offered. It didn't hurt to ask.

"O-okay." I let out the breath I was holding in, she took the first move and wrapped her hands around my neck. It had been a while since I had last danced with a girl like this, but we immediately clicked and moved in sync with each other.

She said something but I couldn't quite catch it, "I'm sorry, what was that?" I said bending down.

I felt her tip-toe to reach my left ear, I could feel her breathe on it. "I said 'what's your name?'" I'm pretty sure my blood rushed to my cheeks or ears and made them tomato red.

"D-dongwoo. Jang Dongwoo." I said as we danced together.

"Well, Jang Dongwoo. I'm Ryu Chae-yoon." She grinned and her eyes disappeared. It was adorable. "Nice to meet you," she grazed her cheeks against mine on both sides.

"Uhh... Nice to meet you too?"

"Ah, mian~ I'm just used to greeting that way. I lived in France, I just came back this year. I kinda got used to the, uh, skinship they use there..." She explained.

"Ahh, gurae? (really?)" I said, "That's interesting, what's it like in Fra-" I was cut off when I saw Hoya yelled my name, he was just behind Chaeyoon with Yani.

"Who's this~?" He asked while poking my side, I immediately let go of Chaeyoon and introduced her, "Hoya, this is Chaeyoon and Chaeyoon this is Hoya and his girlfriend Yani." She bowed and they exchanged their greetings,

"Sunggyu hyung texted me," Hoya started, "He said to gather at the table since L and Sungjong are fighting like girls... again.. But feel free to come along Chaeyoon-sshi, I see you and Dongwoo have some sort of magical dance chemistry." He wiggled his eyebrows and I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief and turned to Chaeyoon, "Uh, it's really up to you if you wanna come and witness the mess that is Myungjong."

She giggled and shrugged, "Sure, why not? I find fights amusing actually.." My eyes  widened, this girl was... something.