Chapter 1

When I'm Down On My Knees

2008

I was standing front of their house, the home of my love. I hear them arguing as always, Bora and her mother never had a smooth relationship from what I know. It's either their yelling at each other, physically fighting or just flat out ignoring each other. It's not right and I didn't like it. Bora finally came out of their house, tears were threatening to spill over, I immediately grab onto her shoulders as we walk away from the place she dreaded the most.

"What happened now, sweetie?" I ask as we reached the end of their street.

"I-it's nothing really, just..." She replies while sniffling, trying so obviously hard to stop the tears.

"It's ok to cry in front of me, you know that right?" I said. She didn't like to show weakness to anyone.

"Y-yeah, it's just that. I'm so tired of all this Dongwoo. I've been hearing her puke her brains out every morning for 10 years. Dongwoo, I'm already 17, I've heard her call me a , a and everything evil under the sun, I've done all I can to help, I got a part-time job, I don't go out a lot. I never drink but yet this is what I get in return. She wants me to leave you because she thinks we do it all day and all night, your my happiness Dongwoo, she's making me give up my happiness. I've been suffering because of her. I can't take it anymore." She let it all out, softly crying as her tears fell down her rosy cheeks. I hold her against my body while she drops her face into her hands and quietly sobs.

Her mother was addicted to alcohol ever since she was a little girl, but what really pushed her mother to becoming abusive was her father had, had enough of all the soju bottles strewn around the house, the undone house chores, just the mess in general, he left them and went to the Philippines to be able to work more diligently and support Bora but not after divorcing her mother. He still sent Bora and her mother some cash but really it was just enough for them to uphold their bills.

"You know, if I lived alone right now, I'd let you live with me. Heck, I want you to live with me. Just wait until we get out of high school sweetie. I'll do everything to keep us alive. To keep you and keep you happy." I promised her, "But for now, please just be strong for a little while longer, okay? Don't do anything you'd regret. Please." I say, looking deep into her dark brown eyes. She silently nods and gives me a sweet kiss on the lips.

"C'mon lemme take you somewhere." I state softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dongwoo, shibal! (!)" Bora screamed as she clamped onto my arm as we went zooming through a loop, we were on a roller coaster at an amusement park. She was terrified, to be quite honest, it was really cute. Her long black hair was flying all over her pretty face as the roller coaster plummeted for the second time this time it was a high drop.

"DONGWOO! I'M KILLING YOU AFTER WE GET OFF THIS RIDE." She yelled at me while we dropped.

I just laughed at her and replied with an annoying "Gurae! (Kay!)" she responded with a glare, she was obviously pissed. Eventually the roller coaster ended, she got off first wobbling as she did, I immediately got up to support her by her waist, she swatted my hand away as she stomped out of the vicinity of the ride, I catch up to her and turn her around,

"Ya, wae i-rae?! Jaemisseo! (Hey, why are you like this?! it was fun!)" I chuckled while grabbing her hands and intertwining them in mine.

"What fun?! I thought I was going to die, and I was eating my hair half of the mother ing time!" She said and faced me, "You're so dead." She rolled her eyes.

"Why, whatcha gon' do? Actually kill me? Leave me?" I asked her teasingly while swaying her arms as we continued walking, she was wearing a black tank top with cut off denim shorts with sneakers. It was simple but she looked like the most beautiful thing to me, even with her crumpled eyebrows with her lips in a tight frown.

"No. Even worse." She replied and released my hand, she walked away towards the food area. I stood there dumbfounded, while watching her retreating image.

"Yah! Gatchi ga! (Hey! Wait for me!)" I yelled as I ran. When I reached her I spoke, "What're you going to eat?" She didn't reply and walked up to one of the snack stalls. "Hmm, I think I want kimbab, you want to share? Naega sajulke. (I'll buy.)" Still no response. "Heeeey!! Why aren't you speaking to meeee~~!!" I whined while I flailed my arms and stomped my feet. It was a pathetic attempt at aegyo.

"Anyeonghaseyo, can I have one small bowl of ddokboki please?" She said to the cashier. "Ne. Anything else?", "Also one order of tuna kimbab and two bottled water." I added. The cashier totaled the orders and I paid for it as Bora just stood by my side silently reading the menu. When the food came she grabbed the tray and sat down at one of the tables, I waited as my change was given to me and followed her.

"Alright, fine. I'm sorry for making you ride that." I apologized while looking at my hands in my lap. "I didn't realize it'd terrify you. I thought you liked these kind of things..." Still no reply. "AH JEBAL! BORA YAH! MIANHADAGO! (Please! Bora, I said I'm sorry!) I pleaded at the brink of tears. Why wouldn't she speak? Was she really that angry at me? I thought to myself as I dropped my head onto the table with a loud thud and I didn't even feel the pain. All of a sudden I hear a snort.. Then a small giggle and the small giggle turned into full out cackling. I raised my head to see Bora laughing so hard, she was clutching onto her stomach.

"Why are you laughing, what's so funny about my misery?" I asked her in a serious tone. She immediately stopped, looked at me with a sweet smile and said "Mianhae, I was just kidding. I do love rolley coasters Dong-ah, gomawo~ (thanks~)" in a small cute voice still giggling.

"AH WHAT THE HECK. Na jinjja michigetda! (I'm really going crazy.)"

"You're so adorable when you're sorry, I just had to." She said as she stood up and sat next to me, she gave me a peck on the cheek and then grabbed her bowl of ddokboki. I didn't want her to feel bad about kidding with me so I swung my right arm over her shoulders and held her close to me as I munched on the food.

After we had our snacks we rode the ferris wheel, as we were watching the sun set she turned to me and said, "Love you, you gummy goof." with an adorable smile. "I love you too." I replied, smiling while poking her cheeks. "So, did you have fun today?" I added.

"Of course, you've made me forget about the horrible start of my day. Thank you for loving me for who I am. I know I'm such a burden to you with all of my family issues." She responded, I grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently.

"I also especially liked the cotton candy you bought me." She absentmindedly passed her tongue across her lower lip, I followed it with my eyes. "You know what? I know something that tastes better than cotton candy." "Really?! What?! Will you buy it for me? Pleaaaase~!" Wow, this girl really had a sweet tooth for such a bitter life, I thought. "It's for free and I make it myself." "Really???" "Yeah, here." I said as held her chin and guided her towards my lips, her eyes were the size of the moon but she calmed down and closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around my neck. I ran my tongue on her lower lip, asking for permission and she let me in, we fought for the dominance, I won eventually. After what seemed like eternity I pulled away from her, held her face in both my hands and lightly kissed her forehead then her closed eyes, her soft rosy cheeks and finished with a sweet peck on her pink stained lips. She smiled and opened her eyes when she felt me pull away.

"I think I like this free candy you talk about." She giggled as she laid her head on my shoulder looking out into the horizon, we were about half way done with the ride and when it ended I brought us back to her house so she could get some clothes, we had decided that she would sleep at my house just for tonight, her mother didn't notice when she was gone anyways, she was either somewhere out in the clubs, or passed out in their living room.

"Wait here outside, I'll just go get my bag." Bora said. She came back outside after a few minutes with everything.

When we walked into my house my mom and dad were having dinner in the kitchen,

"Hello." Bora greets them with a bow and a polite smile, they return her smile softly while chewing on their food.

"Mom, Dad, Bora will stay here tonight. It's ok right?" My parents both knew about her situation and treated her like their own, for they loved her gentle nature, she was also very motherly and would take care of me well. Besides, she only sleeps over when it's really bad at home.

"Yes, of course." My father nods vigorously, "Go on and get settled in your room Dongwoo-yah." He adds. I nod and guide Bora to my room. The walls were plain white, it contained a dresser, a floor desk, lamp, and my rolled up bed in the corner.

She sets up our sleeping area and I laid my head down on one of the pillows, I close my eyes and get comfy, I hear her rustle around the room and after a little while I felt something hit my face, it was one of my shirts, I took it off my face and sat up, I saw Bora standing a few feet away she was already changed in an over-sized sweater with boy shorts underneath, her wavy hair was carelessly strewn across her shoulders, man, she was breath taking. "That kinda hurt. Why'd you have to throw it down on my face forrrrr..." I complained jokingly. 

"Miahaeyo~! You get changed into sleeping clothes! I refuse to sleep next to you if you don't. Who knows what your jeans and shirt have touched." She said as she sat down next to me and gave me a kiss on my cheek, she also hands me one of my boxers.

"Yah, if you dress-up in less than fifteen seconds, I'll let you make out with me." She said with a mischievous smiled, she loved playing games with these kind of rewards, but it was never a loss for her, always for me. I grabbed the blankets and went under it with my shirt and boxers. I was too lazy to get up and walk to the bathroom, and the blanket since my parents might walk in suddenly. "Kay, start!" She counted as I hurriedly took off my shirt and pants, "ten, eleven..." I wore my boxers over my white briefs "Thirteen..." I started on my shirt quickly but my arm got caught in one of the sleeves and wouldn't push through, "FOURTEEN, FIFTEEN!" She counted quickly. I immediately threw off the blanket and sat up, wearing my shirt.

"Hey! Unfair, you counted too fast!" I smoothed over my dark brown hair since it was a mess after changing under the covers.

"No, I didn't." she replied as she snuggled into the makeshift bed.

"Kay, fine. Whatever." I laid down next to her, her back facing me. She was silently giggling. This girl.

"Why must you tease me so much?" I pouted, "I feel bad now.." I flipped over to look at the ceiling, I felt her hand creep onto my stomach, she hugged me and placed her leg over mine.

"Mianhae, again. I'll try to stop. Kay?" She said as I placed my arm under her neck as she nuzzled into my chest.

"You better." I then wrapped my other arm around her back, "Can you believe it's been two years? I hope we never become separated." I whispered softly into her hair.

"Yeah, me too babe." Her sleepy voice was muffled against my chest, "I find it embarrassing how we first met by the way." She added, bringing back memories of when we were fifteen, I was changing in my friend Sunggyu hyung's room after a heated soccer game and she walked in on me without a shirt on. She was there because she was close friends with Sunggyu's older sister. It had been her first time in Sunggyu's house and she had been looking for the washroom.

"Tsh, you loved the sight of my hot fifteen year old scrawny body. I don't think you were embarrassed at all." I chuckled to myself, she lightly slapped my stomach, I let out a small grunt and smiled.

"Let's go to sleep now, I'm dead beat." Bora said while yawning, "Goodnight, sweet dreams." She lifted her head and gave me a quick peck and her head fell back again on my chest. I was staring off into space thinking of my life if I hadn't met her, I couldn't imagine it. She gave me love no one ever could, I felt so special when I was with her. A different fulfilling kind of special. I heard her soft breathing and saw her chest rise and fall in a steady rhythm. I ran my hand across her cheek and tucked her hair behind her ear, I held her tighter against my own body never wanting to let her go. I exhaled deeply and soon I too, fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

heh. such a cheesy date. xD hope you guys liked it. this first chapter, I wanted to show what their relationship with each other was like and stuff like that. so i hope i portrayed it well.... :D

I'll start posting more at about 2nd week of Dec. :) Mian. :D I'm in the middle of term exams and all of that.