02: Manura(Wife)?

Babysitter for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SangHye's POV

 

I arrived early at the house I'm going to work at.

I was infront of their gate and I clicked the door bell. "Who is it?" an old woman's voice talked. "It's Ryu Sang Hye-ibnida." I said politely. "Ah! You're here!" she said and the gate immediately unlock. 

I entered cautiously and looked around. "They have a pretty lawn." I smiled softly as I walked towards the door entrance. The door opened and an elder woman appeared. "You're MiRan's daughter?" she asked. "AH, ne! I'm Ryu Sang Hye and I'm 21 years old." I bowed in 90 degrees. "Such a filial daughter." she chuckled. Ï'm Kim Soo Jung but just call me halmeoni." she smiled. Her voice sounded really sophisticated. "Ah, I-I'm a 3rd year college student under a medical course." I bowed again. "Oh, I know, you're mom told me everything last night, she was so worried about you." she chuckled. "Really?" I blinked my eyes. "Come in come in!" she placed her plams on my back.

When I entered the house, I slowly dropped my jaw. It's so spacious compared to our house and every furniture was really modern. It was so pleasing in my eyes. I slowly smiled as I admired everything. "Ah, he's still asleep." halmeoni peeked inside a room. "Ah, it's ok! You don't have to wake him up" I smiled awkwardly. "Omo, so beautiful." I spotted their back garden. "Do you wanna go out?" halmeoni asked. I hesitated but I really want to take a glimpse of it. "Go take a look, I'll be right back." she said and went inside a room.

"Ne! Kamsahamnida!" I smiled and bowed.

 

I went outside and a smile formed on my lips. "Daebak.." I said to myself. Everything was neatly done. From the grass, to bushes, flowers and short trees. I wonder if they have a gardener who maintains this place. They even have a wooden table and chairs, it would be great to have a picnic here or something. I sat on one of the chairs. "So refreshing." I smiled through the wind.

I suddenly saw a person pass by the window. I stood up and slowly walked towards the door, "Is halmeoni back?" I asked myself. I slowly opened the door and I saw young boy drinking a glass of water. "Omo.." I bit my fingers.

He's the one I'm going to take care of right? He's so tall! I thought I'm gonna be with some high schooler?-- I gasped and said, "B-Blood!" then I bit my lips together hoping he didn't hear that. He's the guy I donated my blood to right? How can I forget?

Before I could get any closer, he immediately left the kitchen. I followed him and I saw him exit the house. Maybe it's not him.. 

-

 

After a while, me and halme started cooking breakfast. I'm not really skilled in cooking so I only helped grandma slice the spices and break the egg shells. "Uhh.. Halmeoni, you said he has Anemia right?" I asked as I sliced the onions. "Oh, why?" she replied. "It would be great if we add red meat on his meals.." I suggested. "It's really good fo-- AH!" I accidentally made small cut on one of my fingers. 

"Oh! Are you ok?" grandma immediately went beside me and grabbed my hand. "Ah, ne.." I chuckled at myself. "Be careful! We can't let a girl's hand earn some scars." she chuckled. "Kamsa--" I was gonna say thank you but, "Oh, MinGyu-yah!" grandma called out someone.

I raised my head and I saw the tall guy hid behind the wall. "Mingyu-yah! Come here for a bit. I'll introduce you to someone." grandma caught the boy's wrist.

"Ah! Halmeoni! No! I-I need to wash up!" he tried to get away but grandma kept dragging him until he was right infront of me. He was sweating. Ah.. he went to go jogging?

Wah, it's really the boy I donated my blood to. I wonder if he recalls my face haha

"She's your new nanny." grandma chuckled and looked at me. "Ah- Annyeonghaseyo!" I greeted and bowed. I caught my breath and looked away. "N-nanny? She's too young." he stuttered. I'll take that as compliment so I chuckled.

"Wa? What do you want then? A babysitter? You're a grown man and she's older than you!" grandma slapped his and I tried to hold in my laugh. "Ey! Halmeoni!" he pouted.

"She's pretty right?" grandma said and I was startled. "I-I'm not.." I chuckled and looked back at the boy. He seems to be avoiding my eyes, is he not used around girls?

"I'm Ryu Sang Hye and I'm 21 years old." I introduced myself. 

He just went quiet and looked away but grandma pinched his waist. "Ah!--" he shrieked.

"I-I'm K-Kim Min Gyu.." he said obediently. They are so cute that I made a small giggle.

"He's still 18." Grandma explained. "Ah.." I nodded. So he really is the boy I'm going to nurse!

"He can get really troublesome but I hope you 2 will get along well." my grandma took my hand and Mingyu's hand. I made a hand shake and said, "Nice to meet you.." I said politely. "Uhh. You can just call me Noona." I said and smiled. 

He quickly removed his hands and looked away.

--

 

Uhh.. So awkward..

We're at the living room sitting infront of each other on two sofas. Grandma left us two alone after we cooked breakfast and..

This boy has been staring at me for a while now. What's wrong with him? He's not mentally ill right?

Ah, whatever, I'll start a conversation, "Uhm, MinGyu-ssi--" "Noona, do you have a boyfriend?" he asked abruptly, "Ne?" I was perplexed.

"Ani.. it's just. I'm curious." he said like it's just a natural thing to ask someone suddenly like that. I took a sigh, "MinGyu-ssi.." and smiled. "We're-- ah- nevermind." I was gonna tell him that this isn't right but I feel like he will still ask me anyway. I took another sigh and smiled, "I don't." 

"Ah.." he looked away with hint of happiness on his face. What the hell, by any chance, does this boy like me?-- Ah molla molla..

"MinGyu-ssi, starting today, I'll start to modify your diet ok?" I said and took out my notebook from my bag

He looked at me and observed my actions. He looked at me from head to toe. I covered myself with my hands, "What are you looking at so much?" I asked with a furious face. He stood up and went close to me. He looked down at me and I felt uncomfortable. He took the notebook from my lap. "Ah!" I stood up and he sneekingly read it while looking up. "Eyy, noona, I already know everything that's written here." he said. "Yah, give it to me!" I tried to take it from him but he was too tall for me. 

He looked down and our face got close. I took a step back and he smirked. I tried to reach my notebook the second time but still failed. "Aish, just give it to me! I need it." I pouted. "Ok." he said and offered me the notebook. I finally got it. He walked passed by me as I read my notes. He really knows everything? What am I here for then? a potato?

I turned around and I saw him sneaking my phone. "Yah!" I shouted. This boy is not normal. HE IS NOT. He called someone.

Suddenly a phone was ringing from his room. I dropped my jaw once again. "Gomawoyo~" he said. I ran towards him and took my phone from his hands. "How can you just touch someone else's stuffs like that?!" I said and took my bag. "Ah, school." he said and ran towards his room.

I sighed in frustrations, "What's wrong with him? He is not even a child!" I said in disbelief.

 

I decided to look for my room. 

"Do I really need to be live in babysitter?.. I can just go home on my own.. but it'll take 3 hours to commute." I sighed as I walked around the house. Where's halmeoni?.. I don't know this place yet, I can't just go in.

I found a door in the kitchen. I guess it's here.. I opened it and it was a small bedroom. "At least it's bigger than my room.." I chuckled and took my stuffs from the living room to the bedroom. I went back to the kitchen and took a glass of water. When I poured a water on the glass, I spilled some on my shirt. "Oh great." I sighed. I drank the water and went to my room.

I took off my shirt but right then-- my door opened. "Andwae!" I shrieked and covered myself with the shirt I took off. It was MinGyu. His facial expression were frozen with his jaw slightly dropped. "I-I didn't know you were.." he bit his lower lip and my cheeks blushed red. "YAH!" I shouted. "Mian(Sorry)!" he immediately closed the door. I sighed deeply and sat on the bed. I feel so.. exposed T^T

After I changed into a new shirt, I went outside cautiously. "Noona!" MinGyu immediately appeard. I gasped hard, "Yah, you scared me!" I shrieked. "I'm going to school now.." he said and rubbed the nape of his neck. "O-Oh.. y-you don't have to tell me." I was feeling extremely awkward.

His lips were starting to smile. "W-what are you thinking about?" I asked furiously. "I must have saved a country in my past life." he chuckled. "Yah! Just go to school!" I shouted and slapped his shoulder. He giggled, "Arasseoyo!" he said and went towards the door. Wah.. this boy is not normal. He should say sorry!

 

--

 

My job for the day was done since he already went to school. I sat on the sofa and read my friends texts.. "Tonight ok? 8 PM. Same restaurant!" DukMi sent a message. "I can't. I have something to do." I replied. "Yah~ we already made plans for this night~" DukMi complained. "Oh, SangHye-ssi, I already bought gifts.." YoonAh replied. "See? We can't do this party without you~" DukMi said. Looks like I'm the only one who can't go. "Arasseo! I'll try.." I said. "Assa! Kya~! I'm so excited!" DukMi ended the conversation.

I sighed in despair. "Where would I buy gifts??? I don't even have enough money." I searched through my pocket for my wallet. "I'm so broke." I chuckled.

 

I went out to the market and searched for cheap stuffs. I wonder if they'll like what I'd buy..

"Ahjumma, how much is this?" I saw some keychains from the sidewalk. "Ah, that's 3500 won." she said. I swallowed my throat. I have to buy 2 of these.. that makes it 7000 won.. I only have 10,000 won.. I'll be left with 3,000 won.. Kill meee

"Ah, I'll buy one of these." A guy beside me bought a much expensive key chain. "Ah, aniyo, make it two." he chuckled. I bit my lower lip in envy.. "Oh.." the guy beside me seemed to be looking at me. I looked up and my jaw slightly dropped when I recognized him, HyoSeob. I immediately tried to escape but he grabbed my wrist. "SangHye-ssi.." he called. I tried to avoid eye contact. "Were you gonna buy those?" he asked and I just went quiet.

"Do you have a boyfriend already?" he asked. I looked at him in confusion. "Why would you care?" I asked and immediately left. Aish. He just puts me in a bad mood. Ugh.. I only have 4 hours left. I looked at my watch. "SangHye-ssi, do you need some help?" he asked. "I don't. Just leave me alone." I said and continued walking. "You're gonna buy something for your boyfriend? I could help." he said and I paused and sighed deeply. He's really shameless. "Why would you?" I raised my voice. "Just.. because I want to." he smiled. "I don't have a boyfriend. Happy?" I said. "Really?" his face went bright. "Aish, just please!" I said in frustration. "Then.. who were you gonna buy it for?" he asked and I went silent.

"Friends?" he asked. He can still read my mind as always.. "Woah.. that's so not you." he chuckled. "Aish, shut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter