01: Love at first sight?

Babysitter for hire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sanghye's POV

 

Cha~ Annyeonghaseyooo~! After a long day.. everyone must be pretty tired right? 

The radio was left on by my older sister as I slept on the couch with my hand hanging through the floor.

My head was tilted back and hanging from the sofa as I made a snore.

To cheer everyone up~ our next song request is from Mingyu from Seoul Broadcasting High School. His message is pretty short but I think a lot of people can relate to him.. Ok~ I'll read his message now..

"Annyeonghaseyo DJ-nim," omo he said DJ-nim haha~ "These days it has been very hard for me. I'm 18 years old and I know making some kind of firm decisions can sometimes be risky for someone as young as me. I have a dream that I really want to pursue but life got pretty tough and my health is stopping me from my dream..

 

"Deltoid!!--" I suddenly woke up from my sleep as I shouted. "Pfft-- are you ok sis?" my older sister was stirring a cup of coffee. I looked at her with my head up side down. I gasped from a sudden realization. "Shoot! I need to study!" I stood up from the sofa and wiped my dry saliva under my lip.

 

 If my song request is granted.. I think it would really cheer me up a lot! Kamsahamnida.." 

 

"Wah, that kid seems to have a lot of stuffs going through his life..." my sister chuckled as she drunk her coffee. I softly smiled as I looked at the radio.

Aww, that message was really sweet. Mingyu-ssi just like you said, you are still young and you really sound like you are having such a hard time right now so here it is~ I hope it'll cheer you up~ DBSK's "Balloons"

 I hurriedly fixed my stuffs and evacuated to my room. I need to study like REALLY NEED to study. I have my finals tomorrow. It's my last chance to make up from my not-so-good grades during the prelims and midterms.

 

--

Mingyu's POV

"Daebak." I said looking at the radio. My letter was read. "Halmeoni!" I ran towards my grandma's room. "Oh?" she looked at me. "My letter! It was read on the radio!" I jumped in joy as I hugged my grandma. "Your letter?" she asked. "You don't need to know~" I smiled at her. I know radio can be kind of old fashion now but I was really having a tough month and this really cheered me up so much. HA HA HA. I feel so proud of myself.

 

SangHye's POV

 

After I finished my morning routine, I ran out to the door. "I'm leaving now!" I said.

I rushed to our restaurant which was just a few blocks away. "Appa!" I called my dad who was busy cleaning the tables. "Oh!" he raised his head. "The medicine." I entered the restaurant and placed the medicine on his table. "Omo, I forgot to drink it." he chuckled. "Make sure to drink it ok?" I said as I walked backwards towards the door. "Arasseo! I'll drink it now." he said. For your information, my dad has hypertension.

I rushed to the bus stop and luckily, a bus was already there. I immediately entered it as I carried my stuffs. I sighed in relief the moment I got in the bus.

 

"Oy! 15 minutes left! Exam will start." one of my classmate announced. "Shoot. Let's have a quick review." I said as I took out my notes. 

A moment of silence as everyone decided to study for the exam.

--

 

MinGyu's POV
 

In class, the teacher was discussing about English.

I tried so hard not to drowse myself. I copied the teacher's note on my notebook but I can't help but doze off in the middle of writing.

 

"Ugh, I'm still so sleepy." I exited our classroom. It was finally lunch time. "I can't wait for the holidays to come." SeokMin said and wrapped his arms around my neck. "Ugh, you're so tall." but then he removed it after and I just chuckled. "Do you have plans?" I asked. "Nope, I just want a free time from school." he chuckled. "You?" he asked. "Nothing either." I chuckled.

"You have a schedule with your doctor later right?" he asked. "Oh.." I pouted. "Tell your doctor to give you a drug to make you stop growing!" he teased and I laughed. "Argh.. I don't feel like meeting with him later." I sighed.

 

After dismissal, I went to meet with my doctor.

My doctor showed me my check up results as he sat down back on his chair.

I just scanned it like I already know what it meant. It really just puts me in a really bad mood.

"You have colds again? Aigoo.. I already told you many times.. your immune system is slightly weaker than average that's why you get colds or viral infections easily.. try to be more cautious ok?.." he's nagging again. "I also told you to stop starving yourself or you're gallstones won't heal! Do you really want to undergo surgery?" He continued. "Aniyo! No way!" I exclaimed. "That's why.. you should do what I told you to do.." he sighed.

"But other than that, your body is fine and it's showing improvement." my doctor smiled and rested his arms on his table. "But that doesn't mean I'm already ok right?" I sighed. 

"If you'll continue taking your meds and eat what I ordered you to eat.. you'll be ok again.." he said and looked at me. I went quiet and looked away. "Does your weight still bothers you? Should I refer you to a counselor?" he asked. "Aniyo, it's ok." I said and stood up. I looked back at him and bowed, "Thanks for your work." I said and left the office. "Don't starve yourself ok?!" He took another nag before I exited the room.

FLASHBACK.

 

"Oy. Fattie." my classmate threw a crumpled paper at me. When I turned my back, a group of boys were chuckling and pointing their fingers at me.

 

I went to our practice room and my bros were there. "Oh, how'd it go?" S.coups asked. "Oh? not bad." I smirked and the stereo.

 

SangHye's POV

 

After exams, we went to the school's lawn.

"Yah, did you guys did well?" DukMi asked. "Ani. I think I failed that test." YoonAh said. "Aish.. it just puts me in a bad mood." I sighed. "Chingu. Don't worry, we are all in this together. DukMi placed her arms around my shoulder. "I keep losing my focus everytime I read so much words." I said. "It's not like I slept late last night." I pouted. "Wah, you slept early? I couldn't barely finish studying everything!" YoonAh said. "Aish, nevermind that. Anyhow, we are all ruined. Let's eat." DukMi said.

"Food is a best stress reliever." DukMi said and ate up the kimbap on her hands. "I agree." I said and also ate one.

 

After that, we went around the city to commemorate the closing of the first semester.

We went to the arcade and played different games, we also went to eat street foods and took a pictures.

And we spent the whole afternoon that way. I only got a few money left on my wallet though but it's ok. It's our last meeting this year after all.

 

 While we walked through the side walk, we ate bungeoppang or fish shaped bread.

"Christmas is next week right?" YoonAh asked. "Ah.. oh. I wonder if I'll receive any gifts. I used to get a lot when I was younger." DukMi said. "Me too me too!" YoonAh chuckled. "Do you guys have plans?" DukMi asked. "Nope, It's up to my family." YoonAh said. "For me, I have none too.. I'll just stay home with my family." I said. "Ey, nothing fun to do? Like a party or something?" DukMi asked. "Nope." YoonAh and me said in unison.

"Yah, let's exhange gifts." DukMi suggested. "Aaaaaah~~~" we complained. "Ah why? We can meet up on the day before Christmas right? Oh please~ I really want to do this~" DukMi begged. "Do we have to~" I asked. "I don't think I could go either." YoonAh said.

"Ah molla~ On 24 ok? Let's meet at the same restaurant we went earlier. I'm going now." DukMi declared and immediately left. 

"Yah!!" YoonAh tried to stop her. "Ah molla molla, I'm going home." I said. "Eh? Are we really gonna do it?" YoonAh asked. "Well, it's kind of fun too.. Let's just buy something cheap." I suggested. "Really?" YoonAh smiled. "Yup. I'm going home." I said and walked my way.

 

--

I went home upset. "No money, no good grades.." I talked to myself. "Aish, DukMi, that girl! Why'd she have to bring that up.." I pouted. "Ah molla!" I said and walked forward.

While walking through the neighborhood, I looked up to the sky and sighed. "Fighting!" I raised my fist up to the sky and took heavy steps until I reached my house. "I can do this, if others can then why can't I?" I murmured to myself and reached the door.

"I'm ho--" I paused when I heard my parents talking. "This is really troubling." my father sighed while looking at the bills. "EunHye-appa, i'll try to get a job." my mother said and grabbed my father's hand. "Aniya, it's ok. I'll find a way." he said. "Are you really closing your business?" mom asked. I was so startled to hear that and it made me gasp. I covered my mouth with my palms so they won't hear me eavesdropping.

"No way~" my father said with his dialect. I cleared my throat and opened the door as if I just got home. "I'm home~!" I said with a smile and entered the house. They got startled and hurriedly started keeping the papers altogether. "Oh. oh~ y-you're home, have you eaten yet?" my mom asked as she went to the kitchen. "Of course not~" I chuckled. "What's that?" I asked my father like I don't know what's going on. "Oh? It's nothing! Just some business informations.." he said. 

I went to the kitchen and sat on the chair. "Here, eat~" my mom said and offered a rice bowl. "Ne~jalmogkessubnida~" I smiled and picked up my chopsticks. Sneakingly, my parents hid the papers from the table. They are trying to hide it from me.. I chewed on my food and looked at them with a sigh.

 

MinGyu's POV

 

"Halme, I'm home." I said and took off my shoes. "Oh! How'd it go?" my grandma came out from the kitchen with an apron on. "The usual." I shrug my shoulders. "Aigoo, did you have a hard time?" she asked and tapped my cheeks. "Aniyo! I handled it well! I'm halme's grandson after all~" I said with a deep voice and wrapped my arms around my grandma's shoulder. I burst out a laugh and my grandma pinched my cheeks "Aigoo! arasseo arasseo." She said as she went back to the kitchen. "Halme~ saranghaeyo!" I chuckled. "Na dooo~" she replied.

 

SangHye's POV

 

After I ate, I went to my room. 

There I spotted my big sister on her bed, sniffing her nose out with tissues. I sighed and looked down. "What's wrong?" she asked. I dropped myself on my bed and, "Nothing.. just a bad day." I said as I buried my face on my pillow. My sister sneezed and I kept hearing her sniff. "Did you drink your medicine?" I asked. "Oh, I already drunk it.." she chuckled.

"Eonni.." I called her out while I still have my head buried on my pillow. "I'm really stupid." I said. "Aniya! I was just kidding." I sit up and chuckled. "I can do this!" I raised my fist up and looked back at my sister. She already knocked herself to sleep. I guess she really drunk her medicine. "Eyy.." I looked at her with disgust. The tissues were all over her bed and on her nose. 

I went back to bed and decided to sleep.

"Aish~" I stood up again and went near her. I can't stand looking at her with those tissues. URGH. I took a clean tissue and removed the tissue on her nose and cleaned her bed as well. "Ey, to think that you're the older one." I nagged as I tried to position her and cover her body with her blanket.

 

---

 

NEXT DAY.

 

I went to school and met with my friends. "Yah, did you finish your homework?" DukMi asked. "Oh I did it when I studied for the exam." I said. "Eyy~ I haven't done anything yet!" DukMi pouted. "You know we are assigned to go to the hospital later right?" YoonAh said to DukMi. "I know! I just don't feel like doing it.." she said. "I know right.. I also don't want to go the hospital later. I wanna go home and rot." YoonAh said. "Eyy, don't worry school is almost over and holidays are going to come~" I said to them.

"Uhh.. do anyone of you know any part time jobs available?" I asked them. "Huh? Oh.. I heard one of our classmate is working at the convenience store near the restaurant outside our school.." YoonAh said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter