History

Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale

Chapter 7

A/N: OMGOSH. Thanks so much to junna9921 for the gorgeous cover. I really love it, dear!

Enjoy!

XxX

 

Xiumin opened his eyes, blinking when he saw that his surroundings was a huge field of flowers. The sun was shining brightly, skies clear and blue and the flowers vibrant and pretty.

 

He took a few moment to marvel at the beautiful view until he saw a figure dressed in a bunny suit run up to him.

 

“OPPAR!” the figure, revealed to be Soyeon, squealed before hopping onto his back. Pulling out a carrot, she used it to point ahead with one hand gripping into his hair. “FORWARD MARCH!”

 

Oddly, he complied when usually he would not bow down to her orders but she looked absolutely adorable in that bunny suit and it melted his heart into a pile ofasdshklahjghal.

 

Two steps after her shout, Soyeon frowned and used her almighty carrot to smack his behind. “FASTER SLAVE!”

 

And he sped up, crying for some reason, as Soyeon laughed evilly on his back, looking about as evil as a bunny can get.

 

-And then he woke up, sweating and panting and traumatised, shrieking when he saw Soyeon clinging onto his calf like a koala.

 

His sudden jolt caused her to wake up as well, sleepily sitting up and rubbing her eyes with a yawn. “Xiu-oppa,” she mumbled, “did you have a bad dream?”

 

Xiumin’s eyes were wide, unsmiling. He chose not to reply, instead bringing his hands and knees to his chest and rocked back and forth, slowly turning his head away.

 

Soyeon blinked at him blearily before shrugging and going back to sleep.

 

XxX

 

A few hours after that, Xiumin awoke to bright sunlight, no Soyeon beside him, and a stinging sensation behind his eyelids. He ignored it in favour of stretching first before finally giving it attention.

 

For some reason, the world around him seemed to be more vibrant and … in detail. The colours were brighter, sounds easily heard and his sensitivity to his surroundings more acute. He could practically hear his blood flowing beneath his skin.

 

Panicked, Xiumin felt himself to check if he was coming up with a cold but realized that checking by himself would do no good. Fortunately, that was the exact time Soyeon poked her head in, bright smiles and a happy wave directed at him.

 

“Good morning op- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYES?”

 

Xiumin rubbed his ear, his now sensitive hearing amplifying Soyeon’s startled shriek by ten-folds.

 

“Sheesh, could you be any louder?” he grumbled grumpily, half-heartedly glaring at his dear mate because everyone knows that he could never, ever be truly mad at her.

 

“Sorry, sorry.” She mumbled and quickly scurried to his side. A comforting hand landed on his arm as she leaned forward to inspect his eyes further. A soft gasp escaped her lips. “It can’t be…”

 

“What can’t be?” Xiumin squeaked, a bit flustered at her extremely close proximity.

 

“Your eyes… they’re red.”

 

“Huh? Like an eye disease red?”

 

“No, not that type of red…” Soyeon sighed and got off the bed to get something.

 

She returned a few seconds later with a small mirror, holding it up to his face to let him see for himself.

 

Xiumin braced himself for the worst and looked at his reflection, his jaw going slack when he saw his irises flickering faintly between dark brown and a blazing, bright scarlet red.

 

“What in the world…” he murmured, unbelieving at the condition of his eyes. Soyeon peeked from behind the mirror, giving him a reassuring smile.

 

“It’s nothing to fret about, oppa. I was just surprised that this happened so early.” She explained with an easy smile, putting the mirror down.

 

“What does it mean?” the chubby-faced male asked curiously, ignoring the slight pounding of his eyes.

 

“Hmm, it’s going to be another boring Werewolf101 so you better prepare, oppa.” Soyeon giggled. Xiumin smiled slightly and shook his head, admittedly eager to learn about Soyeon’s heritage a bit more. “It’s okay. Werewolves are really interesting, actually.”

 

“We are, aren’t we.” Soyeon agreed with a smug grin. Xiumin rolled his eyes and lightly smacked her head, telling her to get on with it.

 

“Well, my mom told me that-“

 

BOOM!

 

Xiumin’s door burst open another dear mate of hers barrelled into Xiumin’s room, waving his arms around in a panicked fashion. His eyes were wider than usual, mouth opening in a high-pitched shriek.

 

“Soyeon-ah, I woke up with weird eyes!” Tao cried, exaggeratedly pointing at his oddly coloured eyes.

 

“Tao, calm do-“

 

“WEIRD EYES! WEIRD EYEEEESSSS!!!”

 

“…Shut up, come here, and sit down.” Soyeon deadpanned with a flat look. Tao whimpered and made his way towards the pair, settling down beside her. Soyeon grasped his chin and pulled him forward, checking his eyes before huffing.

 

“Hm… you got a different colour.”

 

“WHAT ColOUr is IT?!”

 

“It’s blue. Xiu-oppa’s are red.”

 

“WhAT DoES IT meAN?!”

 

“CALM DOWN BEFORE I BEHEAD YOU, HUMAN.”

 

“…”

 

Soyeon sighed in relief once Tao wasn’t panicking anymore and started to explain. “My mum told me that if a non-werewolf was to mate with a werewolf, a while after getting marked the non-werewolf’s eyes will become a different colour. If they’re blue, red or green, the mate is destined with a power or special ability. If their eyes are gold, silver or grey, the mate is not destined with one. Powers are actually quite rare. Only four out of every ten non-werewolves receive powers after getting marked. Pure-blooded werewolves are born with powers, half-bloods sometimes are, while it’s quite rare for non-wolves to have any.

 

As for myself, my power is ice and time control. I think I can already figure out who gets what between the two of you.” She gave them both a sarcastic look, completed with a coy little smile.

 

Tao and Xiumin stared at each other before quickly declaring what powers they would get.

 

“I get time control!” Xiumin called.

 

“I’m so going to get ice.” Tao smirked, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Soyeon giggled at them before flicking their foreheads, shaking her head. “No, dummies. Your powers are decided the moment I marked you. Check your marks.” Her eyes glinted.

 

Xiumin pulled the collar of his shirt to check his mark before groaning. “No way. Ice? I’m not a glacier!”

 

Tao whined when he remembered the shape of his mark. “I don’t want to be some stupid time-controlling old fart who turns back time just because he wanted to see his handsome past self again!”

 

Soyeon’s eyes twitched as a dark aura grew around her.

 

“So, by insulting my powers you’re basically calling me an old, farting glacier?”

 

The temperature started to drop a few degrees.

 

“WAAH! SOYEONIE I’M SORRY!”

 

“I’M SORRIER!!”

 

XxX

 

Breakfast was as loud and hectic as any usual day. Xiumin and Tao were especially energetic after discovering about their coming-soon powers. Soyeon simply ate her share and went back to Xiumin’s room, staring at the ceiling.

 

Her mind started to wander.

 

Who attacked her in the forest?

 

Why was she attacked?

 

How did she end up on Xiumin’s balcony, of all places?

 

She sighed, sitting up. She stretched her back before changing into a comfortable outfit consisting of a black sweater and light pink sweatpants.

 

 She slipped on her shoes and went outside. Seeing the gate locked, she giggled and shifted into her wolf form, easily jumping over the gate. Looking back and promising to herself that she would be back before dinner, she dashed into the forest.

 

XxX

 

“And he’s soooo charming-“

 

“-And handsome-“

 

“-And cute-“

 

Naeun growled lowly, getting annoyed by Bomi and Namjoo’s constant rambles. She covered her ears with her pillow, wishing for the two love-struck girls to shut up and let her take her nap in peace.

 

She was just a few seconds away from asking her mates to literally kick them out of her room.

 

All of a sudden, Bomi and Namjoo stopped. Naeun looked up from her pillow with a big, relieved albeit hidden grin. “Why the sudden silence?”

 

Bomi had a thoughtful look on, twirling a lock of soft brown hair between her fingers.

 

“Hey, haven’t you guys ever wondered who Hayoung bonded with?” Bomi asked dazedly. Naeun blinked, realizing that the youngest never told them who she linked with, only revealing that she had two mates.

 

“Wanna go interrogate her?” Namjoo’s eyes sparkled with mischief.

 

Bomi giggled, doing an ‘ok’ sign with her hands, before the two ran off towards Hayoung’s room to have a nice little chat.

 

Naeun smiled easily, finally finding peace, and started to close her eyes. She tuned out all of Hayoung’s embarrassed shrieks and the devil duo’s provocative, yelled out questions as they chased their maknae around and drifted off to dreamland.

 

XxX

 

Click.

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

Sigh.

 

A man paused his work, leaning forward to hide his face in his hands. A minute later, he looked up and clenched his fist in anger.

 

“If I can’t have you, no one can….”

 

He glared at the pictures on the computer screen.

 

“…Hong Yookyung.”

 

XxX

 

Tick. Tick. Tick.

 

Xiumin trailed the needle’s constantly ticking motions, waiting for it to strike 12 in the afternoon. He was supposed to go and pick up his parents at that time but he was trying to procrastinate to the very last nanosecond.

 

Tick.

 

His eyes twitched.

 

Five seconds left.

 

Tick. Four.

 

Tick. Three.

 

Tick. Two

 

Tick. One.

 

Tick.

 

Sighing, the chubby-faced male got up from the sofa, grabbed his keys and went to his car.

 

He hoped that his parents wouldn’t die from shock after hearing that he and Tao were sharing a girlfriend, and said girlfriend was a supernatural being that defined the Twilight series that his mother liked so much.

 

If they somehow found out, that is.

 

The drive to the airport was nerve wracking. Xiumin couldn’t help the frown on his face as he drove, eyebrows knitted together to form a distressed expression. His fingers tapped impatiently on the steering wheel, eyes staring sharply at the tar road ahead.

 

After about half an hour of driving, the airport came into view, buses, taxis and cars lining the sides of sidewalks and filling up parking lots. The airport always seemed so busy, he thought idly.

 

Xiumin got out of his car and locked it before slowly heading inside. His mother had texted him sometime during his driving and told him that they were at some high-end restaurant.

 

As the restaurant came into view, he saw someone waving energetically at him from afar and smiled slightly, knowing that was his bubbly mother.

 

When he was within reach, the elegant yet full of energy woman pulled him into an affectionate hug, giggling happily. “Minseokie!” she cooed. “It’s been so long, my dear!”

 

“I missed you too, mom.” He replied softly before letting go of his mother and turning to his smiling father next. “Dad.” He greeted respectfully, not really surprised by the hug he was pulled in by the large male. “Minseok, my boy! How great to see you after such a long time away.” He said boisterously.

 

Xiumin laughed slightly, easing out of his father’s grip, choosing to stand opposite of the couple. “Have you ate?” he questioned. His mother smiled. “Yes, dear, no worries. Have you?”

 

“I already ate at home. Do you need any help with your luggage?”

 

“Oh no, it’s fine sweetheart. I don’t have that much stuff with me. You do know that your father and I are staying in Japan now, right? We’re just visiting for about a week.” The tall woman ruffled her son’s hair, pulling her medium-sized luggage bag behind her.

 

His father followed suit, also dragging a medium-sized luggage bag. Xiumin quickly fell into step beside them and made light conversation as he led the way to the car.

 

Just as he finished helping his parents with putting their luggage in the car boot, he received an unexpected call.

 

“Hyung,” Tao hissed. “Soyeon isn’t at home.”

 

XxX

 

The ground crunched underneath four snow white paws belonging to a single white wolf wandering around in the forest. Soyeon sniffed the air, trying to detect the place where she was attacked by something but her scent was long gone, washed away by the rain.

 

Her ears drooped in disappointment and she growled lowly. Huffing, she went to the base of a tree and sat down, her head between her slender paws.

 

She started to think.

 

Despite not remembering how she even ended up outside her family’s mansion or how she was attacked, she did remember that it was a monster of some sort. It was quite large, a few feet taller than her, and it was vicious. It attacked anything in its way but was especially aiming at her.

 

Narrowing her eyes, Soyeon tried to recall how much damage had been done to their surroundings. She wracked her brain for any memory relating to it but came up with nothing, other than the fact that the monster had long, sharp claws and it breathed fire.

 

She remembered something. ‘It was red. It had a large body. Long claws. Breathes fire.’

 

‘Wait…’ she gasped. ‘But… But they live nowhere near my family’s territory… How could a dragon be here?’

 

She now knew that she was attacked by a dragon.

 

‘That’s a start,’ The wolf thought, getting up. ‘I guess that there should be claw marks or scorch marks where I was attacked.’ She nodded her head at her logic and started to trot at a moderate pace through the forest, searching for any of the marks.

 

Looking at the sun that was straight above her head, she grinned. ‘Still have a lot of time before daylight is gone.’

 

XxX

 

“What do you mean she’s gone?!” Xiumin hissed back, not liking this news. Tao growled at him. “She’s not inside the mansion! I can’t find her anywhere!”

 

“Did you try calling her?”

 

Tao scoffed. “That’s the first thing I did, and you know what? She left her freaking PHONE in your room!”

 

Xiumin sighed, rubbing his temples. “Look for her again. Maybe she just went out for some fresh air.”

 

The male could hear Tao start to move around, but raised an eyebrow when Tao stopped moving. “What’s the matter?”

 

“Hyung,” he stuttered. “Her clothes are on the floor in front of the gates and I see some paw prints.”

 

Xiumin narrowed his eyes, knowing what would be said next. ‘This girl…’

 

“She transformed.” They both said at the same time.

 

Xiumin looked at his parents who were chatting with each other in the car. After a moment of thought, he barked out an order.

 

“Go and search for her in the forest. I have a feeling that she’s there.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Tao?”

 

“Yeah, hyung?”

 

“Be safe.” He said softly before ending the call.

 

Sighing, Xiumin facepalmed. “Soyeon should stop making me worried and should have told me if she was going out.”

 

XxX

 

“Please stop,” Hayoung cried, curling tighter into a ball. Bomi and Namjoo snickered, tickling her harder. “We won’t until you tell up who your mates are!”

 

“N-never!”

 

“Oh well.” Bomi shrugged and tickled harder, Hayoung bursting into snorts and giggles of hysterical laughter. Tears were actually forming in the corners of her eyes from laughing so hard.

 

Hayoung tried desperately to pry off the two girls, shaking her head. “Stop, please! I’ll tell you, okay?”

 

Bomi smiled evilly, finally stopping. Seeing her partner in crime cease fire, Namjoo did as well. They both laid on their bellies and stared unblinkingly up at the maknae with sparkling eyes.

 

“Do tell.” Namjoo purred.

 

Hayoung bit her lip, cautiously looking around. She lowered her head and mumbled out something.

 

Bomi furrowed her eyebrows. “What?” she asked, scooting a bit closer. “I didn’t catch that.”

 

“I said that their names are Jongup and Himchan.”

 

Namjoo blinked. Those names sounded familiar. She looked at Hayoung a bit more firmly. “What were their names again?”

 

“Jongup and Himchan.” The youngest repeated with a confused look on her face. Namjoo’s eyes widened as she snapped her fingers, finally remembering where she heard those names before.

 

“Himchan and Jongup! They were those two friends that were missing from Zelo’s group! He even mentioned it!” she squeaked.

 

“Whoa… is this destiny?” Bomi gaped. “We got mates from the same pack.”

 

“Not mates yet, just love interests,” Namjoo quipped.

 

Bomi huffed. “A single werewolf can dream.”

 

XxX

 

Kai whistled softly as he walked outside, heading towards the forest to a breath of fresh air. He liked going there on Sundays- the forest seemed so much brighter on that particular day.

 

The ground crunched beneath his sneakers as he strolled leisurely, enjoying the nice view and the fresh forest smell.

 

A light hearted smile rose onto his face, making the most out of his peace and quiet as he wouldn’t have much of it back at the mansion.

 

Five minutes into his stroll, he stopped under a tree and sat at the large buttress roots, surprised at how comfortable it was. Shrugging lazily, he yawned and started to close his eyes, drifting off to dreamland, unaware of anything around him.

 

XxX

 

Snap.

 

Soyeon’s fluffy but alert white ears perked slightly, catching where the sound came from. Her curious lavender eyes looked at the sound’s general direction before her nose picked up a very repulsive scent.

 

She growled. A rival pack.

 

Muscles tensing underneath her thick white fur, hackles raised, Soyeon ran towards the source of the smell.

 

The scenery blurred past her and a few branches slapped her in the face but she didn’t care.

 

An outsider was not welcome on her family’s grounds.

 

Especially a rival pack.

 

Soyeon sped up, wanting to get to the rival pack’s location faster. After a minute or two of running, the scent became stronger, making her growl irritably.

 

A few more steps later, she slowed to a stop, shocked at the scene before her.

 

The rival pack she recognised as AOA in their human forms was inching closer to a figure nestled in the buttress roots of a large tree.

 

Her sensitive muzzle picked up the figure’s scent, and her eyes widened before narrowing in anger.

 

Kai.

 

What was he doing out here? So deep into the forest, even!

 

With another growl, Soyeon leapt out of her hiding spot in the shadows and roared.

 

The girls jumped in surprise, turning to face her before their eyes narrowed.

 

“Oh look,” The shortest she recognised as Jimin who was also the Alpha, sneered. “It’s the little pup from the Bangtan pack.” She laughed after ending her sentence.

 

Her pack laughed with her. Choa, the Beta, boldly stepped ahead with a hand on her hip. “What are you doing so far out in the forest, pup? Aren’t you supposed to be cuddling around with your mommy and daddy?”

 

Soyeon shifted back into her human form, disregarding the fact that she was and quickly shot back. “I’ll have you know that I’m a full-grown wolf right now, and I can take all of you on any time!”

 

AOA was also not bothered by her lack of clothing. Jimin smirked. “Ha. You sure about that, pup?” Seolhyun raised her hand and balled it into a fist.

 

Huge, thorny vines shot up from the ground and wrapped around Soyeon’s body, cutting into her skin. The smaller thorns dug deep into her flesh.

 

Soyeon cried out in pain, trying to not move too much to avoid losing blood.

 

“You’re pathetic.” Chanmi spat. “All bark, no bite.”

 

“Now if you’ll excuse us, I have a potential mate to attend to.” Jimin grinned evilly, stalking towards Kai who was sleeping peacefully despite the commotion.

 

Soyeon’s eyes widened. She struggled harder, ignoring the blood that was spilling from her wounds like a river. “No! Don’t touch him!”

 

But her shout had no effect on Jimin for she was still advancing towards Kai with no signs of stopping.

 

Soyeon’s wide eyes started to tear up.

 

Eight more steps to Kai.

 

Her hands fisted.

 

Six more steps to Kai.

 

She snarled.

 

Four more steps.

 

Soyeon trembled.

 

Two more steps.

 

“Don’t you dare, Jimin.” She hissed.

 

Jimin was standing in front of Kai, staring at Soyeon with a victorious smirk on her face. “He’s mine now.” She mouthed.

 

Soyeon’s eyes snapped shut, clenching her fists harder.

 

At that very moment, everything turned grey except for her. Jimin was walking backwards, saying her words backwards, and the vines went back into the ground.

 

Everything came back in colour and motion at the moment when she was still hiding.

 

Soyeon gasped. The future events were replaying in her head over and over, propelling her forwards to run to Kai and embrace him before Jimin could even be within a ten foot radius of him.

 

“Back off.” She growled at the shorter girl.

 

“You… how did you get here?” She huffed. The rest of AOA were looking on tensely.

 

“Don’t come any closer.” Soyeon hugged Kai tighter, oblivious that Kai’s head was smushed directly in between her s.

 

It was a miracle if he could breathe there.

 

“Who are you to tell me that?” Jimin crossed her arms, looking quite intimidating. Her Alpha aura made it really hard for Soyeon to keep her head held high as she was originally a Beta. She was Alpha to only her mates.

 

Soyeon bit her lip. Yes, technically she had no right to tell Jimin to back off because she wasn’t Kai’s mate. Jimin could mark him if she wanted to.

 

But that wasn’t going to happen.

 

“You won’t have him.” Soyeon said firmly, pulling Kai up by his shoulders and tilting his head to the side to allow her more access to his neck.

 

Soyeon felt bad. ‘I’m sorry Kai, but this had to be done.’ She didn’t stop apologising mentally to him and swiftly leaned down, biting into his neck.

 

Kai’s peaceful expression turned slightly pained, but he didn’t wake up.

 

Soyeon released his neck, satisfied to see a triangular mark of some sort in the junction where his neck and shoulder met. She smirked haughtily at Jimin, who was gaping along with the rest of AOA.

 

“It’s official.” The black haired beauty declared. “Kai is my mate now.”

 

Jimin was trembling in anger, but there was nothing she could do.

 

“You got him, that’s right.” Jimin breathed out unsteadily, lowering her head until her bangs casted a shadow over her eyes. She looked up with a grin.

 

“But you forgot that if one mate dies, the other dies too.”

 

Soyeon’s eyes widened. ‘Oh, .’

 

That was her last thought before AOA attacked.

 

XxX

 

Xiumin sat up suddenly, surprising his brother Chanyeol who was reading a book next to him “What’s wrong, hyung?”

 

“My Soyeon senses are tingling.”

 

XxX

 

 

Tao grumbled angrily as he smacked away another branch that got in his way. It slapped him back in the face, worsening his mood.

 

“She could’ve left a note at least, that troublesome girl.” He muttered.

 

His grumbling didn’t stop, even as he started to enter the inner forest area. The forest became eerily quiet, the only sound coming from his boots making contact with the ground.

 

Tao only noticed the lack of noise when he paused under a particularly big tree. “It’s so quiet here.” He murmured, chills going down his spine.

 

Chen’s ghost stories and Baekhyun’s horrir movies started to play around in his mind, causing him to squeak in slight fear.

 

“Soyeonie…. Why did you have to go to the forest, of all places? You could have gone to the convenience store, or maybe a nice boutique, and we could’ve gone shopping tog-“

 

BOOM!

Tao shrieked in surprise when something crash landed in front of him. The thing created a medium-sized crater in the ground, dust and dirt flying all over the place.

 

When all the debris settled, Tao saw something that looked like a human body on the ground. His heart started to beat faster when he recognised the shiny black hair and the pale, peachy skin.

 

He stepped closer to the body, shaking like a leaf, not wanting to admit that the person was indeed who he thought it was.

 

The dust cleared fully.

 

Tao’s heart nearly stopped.

 

“Soyeon?”

 

Holy hell. She looked so bruised that he could barely make out her face. After a closer look, he saw that she was holding something- someone, rather, and gasped. “Kai? What the actual ?”

 

Just as he finished talking, he heard hurried footsteps and angry cries from up ahead. Looking up, he saw seven women, dressed in latex outfits that shone black in the eerie forest.

 

They were running towards where he was, most likely looking for Soyeon, and he thought that they were going to help.

 

But that thought was violently kicked out the window when one of them produced an odd looking silver gun and pointed it at his mate.

 

“Stop!” he yelled frantically, panicking, not knowing what to do.

 

He knew these women were dangerous. Their aura spelt out danger.

 

His cry did nothing to make them slow down or even glance at him. Another woman’s hands were crackling with electricity, her eyes locked onto Soyeon’s unmoving body.

 

“No!”

 

They were coming closer.

 

The gun lady fired a bullet.

 

Tao’s eyes widened.

 

Oh god.

 

And time literally seemed to slow down.

 

XxX

 

Xiumin was worried.

 

He ran frantically to the forest next to the mansion, hoping to find either Tao or Soyeon, or even better, both. His Soyeon senses weren’t just tingling now, they were electrocuting him, alerting him that something, something had gone wrong.

 

His mind was racing, thinking of 1001 things that could’ve happened to her, and all seemed plausible. Xiumin desperately tried to clear his mind, not wanting to be pessimistic. He had to think positively.

 

Determinedly, his eyes stared ahead.

 

‘Hang on, Soyeon-ah, I’m coming.’

 

XxX

 

Tao couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

Really, who could?

 

Everything was grey. The seven women were moving in slow motion, the bullet slowing down so much that he could clearly see the intricate carvings with the words ‘AOA’ on it.

 

Deciding to think about it later, Tao took his chance and smacked away the bullet, redirecting it to a random tree. He ran over to the gun lady and pulled the gun from her grip.

 

Returning to his original position, Tao aimed the gun at her and time went back to normal.

 

The seven ladies continued running, but Gun-lady was surprised at the absence of her gun. “What the hell?” she yelled, before spotting her gun in his hands.

 

The moment she did, Tao smirked and pulled the trigger, managing to get her knee. The woman cried out in pain and fell over, the rest of her group abruptly stopping to help her. “Yuna!” One of them, with short blond hair, shouted.

 

Once they were distracted, Tao went over to Soyeon and placed her head in his lap, discreetly pushing Kai away. Only then did he notice Soyeon’s lack of clothing.

 

He turned red, trying oh so hard to keep his eyes trained on her face, but her other body parts were extremely distracting.

 

His not so innocent thoughts disappeared however when he saw the bruises scattered all over her petite body. “Soyeon-ah, sweetie,” he called softly, gently patting her cheek to bring her back to consciousness.

 

Her eyes remained shut.

 

Biting his lip, he tried again, this time a little harder.

 

“Soyeon, wake up please. I need to see your pretty eyes.”

 

No response.

 

Tao felt his heart break slightly.

 

“Soyeon, I’m serious. Get up!”

 

The seven women from before had recovered and were heading towards them. The one he shot was being supported by the woman who seemed to control electricity. She was glaring at him darkly.

 

Tao didn’t care about them anymore.

 

He just wanted Soyeon to wake up.

 

“Wake up…”

 

“SOYEON-AH!”

 

Every conscious head snapped to the direction of the yell. Tao recognised that voice.

 

“Xiumin-hyung?”

 

XxX

 

Anger.

 

Red was flashing in his eyes.

 

He was furious at the women who caused his Soyeon pain, and at himself for not getting there sooner.

 

He was the reason why she was lying motionless in Tao’s arms.

 

Those girls, he thought, will die.

 

Xiumin’s hands started to feel cold, but he didn’t notice. The women were staring at him in fear for some reason.

 

The temperature dropped a few degrees.

 

“You will pay,” he gritted out. “For hurting what is mine.”

 

The ground he walked on froze.

 

“You will regret ever thinking about hurting my mate.”

 

With every step closer, all seven of the girls took a step back, until they were approximately five steps away from Soyeon’s body.

 

Xiumin held his hand out before him and clenched it.

 

Immediately, ice shot up from the ground and froze them.

 

He walked past them, moving closer towards Soyeon, and caressed her cheek. It was cold.

 

“Tao.” His tone was slightly unnerved. “Why isn’t she breathing.” It was more of a statement than a question.

 

“I don’t know!” the younger boy cried out, a single tear falling from his eye.

 

Xiumin’s expression hardened, but they both jumped in surprise when Soyeon suddenly coughed, opening her eyes.

 

“Soyeon! Soyeon-ah!” Tao grabbed her cheeks, more tears spilling from his eyes. “You’re alive!”

 

Soyeon’s coughing subsided and she stared at him confusedly. “Of course I’m alive, you dummy. Why wouldn’t I be?”

 

“You weren’t breathing earlier.” Xiumin murmured, pulling her into a hug. Soyeon blinked. “I wasn’t?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Huh.” She sounded confused. Her eyes suddenly widened. “Wait! Where’s-“ She caught sight of Kai and relaxed. “Oh, there he is.”

 

“Why are you ?” Xiumin asked, but didn’t look at her. Soyeon suppressed her smile when she saw the tips of his ears redden.

 

“Well, you forgetful little dumpling, my clothes rip whenever I transform, and that is why I’m wearing invisible clothes.”

 

Xiumin still didn’t look at her as he took of his jacket and forced her to put it on. She sighed happily, relaxing in the warmth of his jacket as he picked her up, bridal style. “Let’s go back home. Tao, you carry Kai.”

 

“What!? No! You little prick, let me carry my Soyeon-ah! You carry the fatso over there!”

 

Their bickering grew softer the further away they were from their original spot. When they were completely out of the area, the ice containing AOA cracked.

 

“I’ll have my revenge. Just you wait, Park Soyeon.”

 

XxX

A/N : WAAAAAAHHHH I know you guys hate me so much, but here’s Chapter 7!

I finished it, finally~

I hope you all enjoy!

Love,

Winter