Werewolf 101

Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale

Chapter 5


 

Soyeon’s POV

 

I sat up and looked at Xiumin’s brothers, who were staring at me with slight fear in their eyes. I whimpered and pulled away from Xiumin, taking a few steps back before I ran up to Xiumin’s room.

 

“Wait, So-!”

 

I didn’t wait for Tao and Kai to finish calling for me and I locked the door, my back against it. I felt myself slide down helplessly, scared of what the brothers other than Xiumin and Tao would think of me.

 

Monster.

 

Vile creature.

 

Freak.

 

I curled into a ball, tears already stinging my eyes. I let them fall and hugged my knees to my chest even tighter, burying my face into my arms.

 

Honestly, I was sure that they would be more than willing to kick me out tomorrow, or even tonight if they were really scared.

 

Would Xiumin and Tao stop them?

 

I couldn’t imagine living a life without them now. They seemed to be 80% of the reason why I consider life worth living.

 

My mother had told me about what being away from your mate can do to you because she had gone through it once, but the pain was stronger by tenfolds because she had two mates who were separated from her and she was the most dominant.

 

It was like becoming part of them if we bonded. If we’re apart, it’s like separating something from your soul. The emptiness of it claws at your conscious, begging to be filled once more. Your health deteriorates and you slowly start to lose your sanity. If the illness didn’t get to you, the insanity will, and you would be dead in a matter of time. Bonds run way deeper than usual human relationships, and that made it all the more precious yet dangerous. This at first affects the most dominant mate before the less dominant one.

 

I was scared.

 

I didn’t want that to happen to Tao, Xiumin, or me. I wanted us to be happy.

 

I bit my lip hard enough to draw blood, glad that the pain could distract me from thinking about it any further. I buried my head into my hands and cried.

 


 

Back at the living room, Xiumin’s brothers had taken a seat and were waiting patiently for someone to explain. The poor boy, who was already short in comparison to most of his younger yet much more taller brothers felt even smaller than before. Tao gave him a sympathetic look as the others –apart from the ones who already knew- simply gave him intense stares.

 

“Well, spill it.” Sehun said crossly. Xiumin sighed and glared at Tao before pulling him to stand beside him. “If I have to suffer, you have to as well.” He ground out.

 

Tao smiled sheepishly and lowered his head.

 

“Okay, um… where to start…” Xiumin fumbled around for a few seconds before he finally worked out how to explain. “I need to know what you all know first.”

 

“Well,” Chanyeol started, “We do know that she somehow ended up on Xiumin-hyung’s balcony that day, and she had stayed with us since then… And you and Tao got awfully chummy with her…”

 

Baekhyun nodded in agreement. “Yeah! You three were really close, as if you were lovers or something! Xiumin-hyung, you practically spoil her rotten and Tao’s sticking to her like glue whenever he could.”

 

Chen gasped when a theory popped into his mind. “Holy- is she your e?!”

 

Xiumin blushed red and spluttered as Tao held his hand over his eyes, as if feeling sorry for his brother’s idiocy. “No! What makes you think that?” “You dirty-minded hyung… shame on you.”

 

Chen raised his hands in defense at all the judging looks he was receiving. “Hey! It was possible!”

 

“But Baekhyun isn’t entirely wrong.” Xiumin said with a light blush. “We’re… somewhat, lovers.”

 

“Wha- all THREE of you?” Kai stood up from shock.

 

“N-“ Tao paused, thinking about it. “Well actually, yeah.”

 

“How do you DO that?” D.O. was shivering. Three people being lovers at the same time just scared him. It was just… freaky.

 

“Not really lovers.” Tao sighed, now knowing that the ultimate bomb would be dropped.

 

“We’re her mates. She’s a werewolf.”

 

Sehun and Baekhyun were silent before they burst out laughing, Chen, Kai and Chanyeol joining in a few seconds after. Xiumin looked at them in surprise while Tao was plain irritated. D.O was pale as paper.

 

“W-werewolf? You mean… she was a man-eating mythical creature and I’ve been living under the same roof as her for the past 5 days and I never even noticed?!” He was shaking terribly, gripping the couch as tight as he could.

 

“No, no! Well, you were right about the mythical creature part but she doesn’t eat people!” Xiumin pulled at his hair in frustration. No matter how smart his brothers claimed they were, they were really huge idiots sometimes.

 

All that time, the Sehun, Kai, Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were laughing. They finally stopped when they realized the hyung-line wasn’t laughing.

 

“Wait… that wathn’t a joke?” Sehun squeaked, his almighty lisp making itself known.

 

 

“Hyung, catch me pleathe.”

 

“Eh?!” D.O sputtered, struggling under Sehun’s weight. It didn’t help that Sehun was nearly twice his size. “Yah, you dummy! I was supposed to faint! Hey, wake up you pabo!”

 


 

A woman chuckled when she saw what had taken place at the EXO mansion from her crystal ball. “So, they’ve found out, huh?” she murmured to herself, twirling a lock of silky dark brown hair in between her fingers. She released the crystal ball as it instantly lost its colour and rolled near a stack of books.

 

She uncrossed her legs and stood up, tossing her hair over her shoulder in an effortless flip. She giggled and skipped to her door, opening it to see her friend with a fist raised, about to knock.

 

“Fany, Fany~” She sang. ‘Fany’ lowered her fist and raised an eyebrow, wondering what had put her into such a good mood.

 

“What is it, Yul?” she asked curiously. ‘Yul’ smiled again and threw her hands into the air, as if celebrating. “The puppies finally found out about her!”

 

“And you’re happy because…?”

 

“Because I can see her again and tell her that her missing aunts are alive.”

 

“Why would you want to do that?”

 

‘Yul’ stopped smiling and said seriously, “Because they will get hurt by people who are close to her if she doesn’t know.”

 


Once Sehun had woken up, he had run over to Tao and strangled the poor boy. "Yah! How could you not let me know about this huh? She could've put ALL of us, and even herself, in danger! What if someone found out?! She could be killed!"

 

Tao, struggling to breathe, desperately tried to pry his hands off but Sehun was extremely persistent. Xiumin came over when the blonde's face started turning blue and pulled Sehun away. "Don't choke him, you could've just asked nicely!" He chided with a slight glare. Sehun scoffed and turned his head, still fuming.

 

"And wh-why do you c-c-care so m-much?" Tao gasped, trying to replenish his oxygen. "It-it's not li-like she's your g-girlf-fried or something!"

 

Sehun glared at him, his hands. "So what? Is it so wrong to care about someone's safety? You-"

 

"Sehun, stop." Suho ordered firmly before pushing him to sit down on the couch. The maknae bit his lip and crossed his arms. Just as Sehun quieted down, Chen spoke up. "But he's right, hyung. It was dangerous to let her stay here and-"

 

"Wait, wait, wait!" Chanyeol stood up with wide eyes, glancing at all the suspiciously quiet and calm older ones in the room. "Why are you all so quiet?" he asked, suspicion lacing his deep voice. "Kris-hyung? Lay-hyung?"

 

Lay guiltily looked away as Kris gave him a blank stare. "What?"

 

"You... knew about this, didn't you?" Baekhyun murmured softly, disbelief apparent in his voice. Kris nodded once. "Yeah. I- we didn't tell you guys because we knew you would react like this." he said with a slight edge to his voice.

 

Chanyeol sat back down, slumping his shoulders. Kris was right. If they were told about Soyeon's true identity a few days ago, the whole neighbourhood would have known because of their big mouths. Especially Baekhyun- no one trusted him with secrets because of his chatterbox personality.

 

"Okay, so is everyone... good?" Luhan didn't know what word could be used to describe the situation at hand. "Does anyone else have anything to say before we close the discussion?" His question was met with silence, and he nodded towards Xiumin to start explaining.

 

Xiumin sighed in relief when everyone was finally calmed down and quiet. "So, as I said before, Soyeon is a werewolf. She ended up on my balcony a few days ago and has been staying with us ever since. And now... I'm not sure if she's ever leaving."

 

That made anyone widen their eyes and look at him. Well, Tao knew this already. "And why is that...?" D.O. squeaked, fear evident in his wide orbs. 

 

"Before anyone thinks so, NO, she's not staying so that she'll cook a stew of all of you." D.O. slumped in relief. "She's... um... even if she wanted to leave, she could... but it would have big consequences." Xiumin continued while shifting his weight from one foot to another, obviously uncomfortable talking about Soyeon's heritage so freely.

 

"As we said before, we're her mates, and we're bound for eternity." Tao quipped with a shrug. "And there's a really, really, big chance for her to mark you all to be her mates too." he paused. "At least that's what she told us."

 

"WHAT?" Baekhyun screeched. "MATES? MARKING?" he ruffled his hair in frustration. "I don't get anything!"

 

"Then we should probably get Soyeonie so that she can explain in detail." Xiumin said. D.O. flinched slightly at the mention of her name, no doubt a bit intimidated by the fact that she was a supernatural creature. Kai and Chayeol shifted in their seats uncomfortably as Sehun looked on with a blank face. Baekhyun was grumpy that he didn't understand anything and roughly sat down in his seat.

 

"I'll... go get her." Luhan coughed and went upstairs to fetch the most probably frightened werewolf.

 

Luhan wondered what Soyeon was feeling right now. He imagined himself in her shoes and tried to picture what she felt. Shrugging, he arrived in front of Xiumin's room and knocked gently on the door. "Soyeon? Are you okay?"

 

It was silent for a few seconds before he heard slight rustling from inside. "Who... who is it?" her hoarse voice called out softly. "Luhan." he answered. The door opened slowly, revealing Soyeon with puffy eyes, red cheeks and disheveled hair.

 

He gasped, cupping her chin. "Are you okay?" She pulled away from him and took a step back. "What do you want?" She asked, gripping her shirt tightly as she stared at the floor, avoiding his eyes.

 

"We need you to come down and explain stuff to the others."

 

Her head snapped up and she shook her head wildly. "No! They hate me! I don't want to talk to them!"

 

Luhan sighed and placed his hand on her shoulder. She flinched at the contact. "You should explain things to them if you don't want them to hate you." he said gently. "Not that they do- they're just surprised is all." She bit her lip, still a bit hesitant. 

 

"Look, why don't you just go down and explain to them, and deal with that later." a new voice interrupted them and Luhan glared at him. "Kris! That is no way to comfort someone!"

 

"Don't need to sugarcoat everything. Just speak to the point." Kris said gruffly.

 

Soyeon shrugged Luhan's hand off her and pushed past Kris, who merely grunted when she shoved him aside. "I'll go." she muttered quietly. Luhan huffed and went after her as Kris just lazily scratched his head.

 

Soyeon was met by the scene of Xiumin standing awkwardly in front of his brothers as the younger ones whispered amongst themselves. Seeing that they hadn't noticed her presence, she cleared . Xiumin's eyes snapped to her and he smiled slightly. "Soyeon, you're here. Can you help me explain to the boys about yourself?"

 

She just nodded and stood beside him, refusing to look at anyone as she stared at the carpet. Suho cleared his throat. "Well, now that Soyeon's here, she can explain to us why she can't leave."

 

She felt them boring holes into her head as she slowly looked up. "I can't leave because... wait, Xiumin, didn't I tell you about this?" Xiumin grinned sheepishly and shook his head. "No, you didn't."

 

"Well, I can't leave because I'm bound to them. It's like I'm a part of their souls and vice versa. I would feel as if I was missing half of myself if I'm away from them for a long time and it would slowly drive me insane. My health will also be affected and if the illness doesn't get to me, the insanity will and I will die in a certain amount of time. It usually affects the dominant one in the relationship but it can affect both at the same time as well. The pain of it also depends on the amount of mates I have. The more mates I'm seperated from, the more pain I get inflicted with." She explained in a soft voice. Xiumin grabbed her hand tightly and worriedly looked at her. Her eyes were glassy, as if she was about to cry.

 

Tao immediately went to her other side and threw his arms around her waist. Some of the brothers watched in confusion as to why he did that while others just look on knowingly.

 

After the explanation, no one dared to speak. No one expected that the consequences of being seperated from her mates could potentially kill Soyeon. Suho finaly spoke up. "I guess it's decided, then. She's staying."

 

"But won't her parents get worried?" D.O. asked timidly. Xiumin shook his head. "Nope. In fact, it was her dad who wanted her to stay here. He said it was dangerous for her to be away from her mates."

 

"Speaking about parents... WAIT!"

 

Chanyeol's sudden outburst made all of them jump in surprise. He looked at all of them with huge, frightened eyes. "Guys, mom and dad are coming back in three days!"

 

Well....

 

"What?" Lay asked dazedly. "I think I heard wrong..."

 

"Mom and dad are coming back in three days?!" Luhan yelped like an electrocuted puppy.

 

"Damnit." Kris cursed. "What are we going to do about Soyeon, hyung?" Chen asked worriedly. Sehun rolled his eyes. "Hide her, duh. Or just say that she's someone's girlfriend."

 

"That's brilliant! I chose dibs as her boyfriend!" Tao raised his hand like an overexcited student. Xiumin growled at him and hugged Soyeon protectively. "If anyone's going to be her boyfriend, it's me! And I have the authority of the first mate to do so!"

 

The two continued to squabble but everyone ignored them in favour of discussing what to actually do.

 

"I suggest that we should hide her. And have one of us make sure she doesn't get out of her room." Kai said. "There's a big chance that might fail because mom and dad are going to be at home for nearly two weeks." Suho rejected the idea. "Just take the girlfriend idea, then!" Xiumin yelled before he was tackled to the ground by Tao. Lay scrunched his nose. "But mom and dad might get suspicious why the 'girlfriend' is staying over for nearly two weeks."

 

"Why don't we send her to stay at a friend's house for two weeks?" D.O. suggested. Kris hummed, about to approve the idea until he remembered that Soyeon couldn't be away from her mates for too long or she would... he preferred not to think about it and quickly shook his head. "No, she just explained what would happen if she was seperated from her mates for some time and two weeks might just be too long. And I don't want to take any chances." 

 

"What if we disguised her as a maid?" Lay drawled jokingly.

 

...

 

"Lay! You're a genius!"

 

"What, really?"


 

"Ummm..."

 

Soyeon stared at the grinning Kai, and then at the maid outfit. She took two steps back. "What are you going to do with that?" she said in a panicked voice, squeaking when he came even closer. "NO! Get away!"

"Soyeon-ah, you're going to be out maid for the next two weeks!"

"Say what? No, no! Go away! Keep that monstrosity away from me! WAAH! XIUMIN-OPPAAA!!!"


Oh no... it's just 2000 words... Sorry guys. I just couldn't write anymore. And I might not update for a looong while because my laptop might not be available. Sorry.... I hope you enjoyed this, though! I'll try to put up another chapter soon, okay?

  I can't explain what I feel when I got 40 subbies. *cries*

Thank u all so much!!! I feel so frickin' touched!

 I apologise for this story being so... meh. Like you see a gorgeous face in a steamy mirror and you wipe it to expect another gorgeous face but got...this instead. Also, do you guys think I need to change my title? Because Femme Fatale is a very angsty sounding title and this story isn't all that angsty. Heck, there's barely any angst!

Also, I have a story I'd like to recommend to you guys. Seriously, read it. It's super funny and it's complete too, so you don't have to anxiously wait for an update! It's called Deer Luhan, With Love by korekrypta! If you haven't read it, I demand you to go and read it right now. Pairing is OC/Sehun. Though the romance isn't too cheesy, it's also not nonexistent. It's a really great story! 

Bye bye~

Here, have a nice Layicorn Kiss! Keke.