Epilogue

Red String
-Y/N-

 
                “Soul!” Maka yelled as I stepped into their warm home, “Y/n is here!” I laughed as I heard a loud bang, indicating Soul fell over. He popped his head out of his room, panicked as he realized what time it was.
                “I’ll be right there!” Maka sighed as he slammed his door, probably getting dressed and straightening up his room. The blonde girl beside me slipped on her jacket, shaking her head slightly.
                “I’m going shopping with Shiro. He said he wanted help picking out a one-year anniversary present for Kid.” Maka sighed, staring at her phone. “He waited way too long. He’s only got a few hours until his date with Kid.”
                I laughed, nodding in agreement. “Shiro has a tendency to wait ‘til last minute. Thanks again for helping him. I couldn’t since today is mine and Soul’s one-year, too.”
                “Well, someone has to make sure the present is symmetrical!” Maka laughed, opening the door, “I still find it amusing that you guys started dating at the same time.”
                “Well, at least we’ll never forget!”
 
                “Hey, Y/n?” Soul asked, staring at the motion picture on the television. He tightened his grip around my waist as I snuggled into him further, tilting my head to look up at him, then to our tangled legs.
                “Yeah, what is it?” Soul reached into his pocket, pulling something out. Soul placed something thin and cold around my neck, clicking it in the back.
                “Happy anniversary.” Soul kissed the top of my head as I picked the necklace up from my chest, examining the silver pendant with a smile. It was a heart on a thin chain. The heart had the wordFate engraved into it in cursive, with two small gemstones just above it.
                “Our birthstones…” I whispered, turning around quickly and throwing my arms around the male. “It’s beautiful, Soul, thank you!” I laughed, pulling away just enough to place me lips on his, a pink hue covering his cheeks. “Happy one-year, Soul.” I pulled away, gently pressing my body against his, our chests together and my chin resting on his shoulder as I closed my eyes, slipping my arms around his torso. Soul wrapped his arms around my shoulders, placing his hands on my lower back.
                “I love you, Y/n. You’re my entire world.”
                “I love you, too, Soul.” I whispered before closing my eyes, falling asleep.