Chapter 3

Red String
 
-Y/N-

 
                Crash, bang. Crash crash, bang, Bang bang crash. Bang, crash, bang. Bang bang crash, Crash Crash, bang bang. I tapped my foot to the beat the men in the middle of the circle made. They were musicians. Musicians whom only need everyday objects to their music. They used pots, pans, spoons and buckets. ”They’re amazing…” I breathed, grabbing hold of the hand next to mine. I never looked at the person whom in which it belonged, but it felt right. Like our hands were meant to meld together just as they were now. Bang.
                Bolting straight up, I heaved a few times before laying back down. What was I dreaming about? I tried to remember the dream, but, of course, like every other time, I only remember how I felt. Joy. Awe. Love.
                An audible sigh escaped my lips as I looked at the sleeping body beside me, then to the clock. Seven forty three, huh? I’ll let her sleep for a while. Slipping the sheets off, I stood up, quickly tucking Maka in before tip-toeing out of the room. I could hear semi-light footsteps from down the hall and decided to walk towards them. As I entered the kitchen door, I saw a shirtless Soul bending over slightly in front of the open fridge, searching for something.
                “Ah, there it is!” he mumbled to himself, pulling out a carton of milk. I blushed, looking away from the half- male that stood only a couple meters from me. “Oh, hey, Y/n.” Soul said, popping open the nearly empty carton and chugging the rest.
                “Morning…” I tried not to look, but I couldn’t help it. The boy I had a crush on was shirtless right in front of my eyes. Not only that, but he had a rather interesting scar across his torso.
                “Cool, right?” Soul flashed me a lopsided smile when he noticed my curious stare, causing my face to heat up even more. I couldn’t help but smile as I turned my head, embarrassed I had been caught. I nodded my head numbly, digging around in my apparent desert of a brain, attempting to discover something intelligent to say. Though, ultimately, I came up with nothing, and was thankfully saved by Maka.
                “Hey Y/n, why didn’t you wake me up?” Maka walked down the hall slowly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. “Soul? I didn’t think you’d be up so early.” Walking past me, the green eyed girl took a pan and vegetable oil from their respected places and set them on the counter, turning the bottom left burner’s dial to ‘High’. Soul and I didn’t say a word as we watched the seemingly ever-working girl sort things out in her tired mind.
                “Omelettes?” she finally asked, turning back to look at us. I smiled taking the eggs from the fridge and handing them to Soul before crouching down to get a better look at the vegetables, dairy products. And meat.
                “Onions, peppers, bacon, ham and cheese. Sound good?” I tilted my head back to look at the two teens behind me, one of which had disappeared. Maka nodded, letting out a tired ‘yes’. I pulled said contents from the fridge, balancing them in my arms, and walked over to the counter, placing the ingredients next to the eggs. Maka placed a large cutting bored on the counter, and we immediately got to work cutting the meat and vegetables. After roughly five minutes, Soul re-entered the kitchen, shredded the cheese, poured himself a glass of water, then left. Ten minutes later, we were ready to start on the omelettes. Maka cracked the eggs and scrambled them around a bit. I waited a few moments before dropping the small chunks for food in. When the omelette was done, Maka flipped it out onto a plate, and got started on the next. I added cheese, then folded it. By the time that was done, it was time to add meat and vegetables to the second omelette. We repeated these actions until we had six medium sized omelettes.
                “Soul! Food is ready!” Maka placed Soul’s plate on the table as I grabbed mine. We simultaneously walked out to the living room, placing our plates on the coffee table before heading back to Maka’s room to get our books. After that was done, I curled up on one end of the couch, while Maka curled up on the other. Soul had watched our actions the entire time from the kitchen doorway, plate in hand and eating.
                “How are you guys so in sync?” Soul laughed, causing me to look up while Maka simply ignored him, engrossed in her book. I just smiled before scooping a mouth full of cheesy omelette into my mouth, already reading my book.
 

~•🌟•~

 
                “No! No, you can’t kill him! What the heck!?” I screamed, jolting up from my half sitting position. Maka jumped, staring at my wide eyed as we untangled our legs.
                “What page are you on?”
                “135.”
                “Same.”
                We stared at each other for a few moments in silence, trying to figure out why the author had killed such an important character.
                “Do you suddenly want chocolate? Or is that just me?”
                “I want chocolate.”
                Maka and I ran to her room, quickly throwing on some clothes and grabbing our phones.
                “I’m broke…” I sighed, finally realizing I had spent the last of my free money on the book a few days earlier as I slipped on my shoes. Maka checked her wallet before banging her head on the wall.
                “I’m broke, too…” she mumbled, pressing her forehead to the wall. We stood there in miserable silence for a while, trying to figure out what to do.
                “What are you guys doing?” Soul asked, walking through the door. When did he leave? Shiro popped up behind him, narrowing his eyes as he studied our faces.
                “Someone died and/or they don’t have money.” He stated simply, a sympathetic smile forming on his face. I stumbled over to the tall male, wrapping my arms around him and shoving my face into his chest.
                “Both…” I groaned, trying to seem as pathetic as possible as I realized how much money my best friend had. His parents are rich, and send him tons of money each month with the condition he doesn’t get fired from his job.
                “You want chocolate, don’t you?” I nodded, leaning into the male more, trying to push him out the door as discreetly as possible. “I’ll buy it for you.” He sighed, a knowing smile on his face.
                “Really?” I asked, grabbing Maka’s hand. The dirty-blonde girl looked unsure, but tempted.
                “Yeah, c’mon.” Shiro chuckled, walking out the door. “You coming, Soul?” he looked back, eyeing the albino. Maka and I watched the crimson eyed male. Soul sighed, grabbing his jacket from the hook once more as he followed the three of us out the door.