Chapter 6

Red String
-Y/N-

 
                “Yo,” Soul called out as I walked outside, curious as to why he was here. The albino male had texted me just moments before, asking me to come outside. I looked over the railing at the top of the stairs that lead to mine and Shiro’s apartment from the street. A sudden gust of wind blew by, ruffling my hair and blowing up my pastel blue skirt. Embarrassed, I pushed my skirt down, holding it in place as I cursed my idea to wear a flowy skirt on such a windy day. I could her Shiro laughing from inside as my face grew red, causing me to turn around an glare at him. I banged on the window where he and Kuro were sitting, startling the two males.
                “Soul, what’re you doing here?” I swiftly turned around and flew down the stairs, skipping several steps at a time as I ran to meet him. Slightly out of breath, I stood before Soul in nothing but my blue, knee length skirt and a white tank-top. I wasn’t even wearing shoes, or socks for that matter.
                “You free?” he asked simply, amused by attire on such a windy day. I smiled, nodding.
                “Totally! I haven’t anything to do but take care of those idiots inside.” I glared back up at the window once more, spotting Shiro staring back at me. I pulled the skin below my left eye down with my index finger, and stuck my tongue out, displeased with the older male. Soul chuckled as Shiro returned the action.
                “Well, go get your jacket and shoes. We’re going out.” Soul ordered, a light pink blush dusting his cheeks, thought barely noticeable. Probably from the wind. It’s making it pretty chilly outside.
                “Right!” I ran back up the stairs, yelling at Shiro as I opened the apartment door. I slipped on a pair of purple and blue flats; pastel purple in the front, fading into pastel blue in the back. I love the flats so much… they’re so cute!
                “Your jacket, milady.” Shiro bowed, holding out my pastel purple leather jacket. I raised a brow, impressed by his choice of jacket.
                “Thank you. I was going to wear this one, but it going way better than the sweater I was gonna put on…” I trailed off, slipping my arms into the jacket as he held it open for me.
                “You know this is a date, right?” Shiro chuckled, placing a hand on my head.
                “Don’t be silly. Soul probably wants advice again.” I frowned, secretly hoping I could consider it a date as I opened the door.
                “Good luck,” the tall male said, kissing my forehead, “Have fun!”
                “Yeah, yeah, back off old man!” I laughed shoving my loving roommate away from me as I ran down the stairs.
                “If she gets hurt, I’ll kill you, Soul!” Shiro called down, indicating to the motorbike the albino was leaning against. Soul waved him off before turning his head to look in my direction, his eyes growing wide. I smiled, jogging up to him as I tried to keep my eyes off the red string blowing softly in the wind. As I stopped in front of him, another gust of wind blew my, flinging my hair into my face and blowing my skirt up once more. My hands shot down to the front of my skirt, holding it down as my hair landed on my face. My cheeks heated up as I stared at a laughing Soul through the thick clumps of hair covering my face. Soul reached over, pushing my hair back and out of my face as I straightened out my skirt, smiling brightly.
                “Seems the wind doesn’t like me much, huh?” I laughed flattening my hair as Soul got on the bike.
                “Get on.” Soul looked back at me as I sat sideways on the bike, unable to sit normally because of my skirt. “Put your feet on the peg, and hold on tight.” Soul guided my hands around his waist gently, causing my face to flush a deep red. I nodded, giving him a squeeze to show I understood as I turned slightly, my feet firmly on the peg. Soul started the bike, and started moving. Not fast, but not slow.
I leaned into the male, pressing my chest against his back as I placing my chin on his shoulder, my hair blowing behind me. I sighed in content, watching the terrain flow past us steadily. Soul focused on the rode, seemingly watching for something in particular as we slowed down. He lifted his head slightly, glancing up for a short moment as he leaned to the right, slowing to a stop at the side of the rode. I jumped off, wobbling slightly. Looking up, I spotted as sign saying Nella Aquarium & Observatory.
                “Wow, I haven’t been here in years!” I gasped, staring up at the large structure as Soul walked ahead of me, turning around with a large smile plastered on his face.
                “Well, come on.” He chuckled as my eyes grew wide and I ran to catch up with his, my excitement showing noticeably in my body language. As we walked in, Soul told me to wait by a tank of gold and silver fish as he went to speak to a lady at the desk, paying her the admission. I watched the fish swim around, doing nothing special, yet I gaped, hold my face close to the glass, my eyes wide. I heard laughing behind me, causing me to jump and turn around, smacking Soul lightly on the arm.
                “Don’t scare me like that!” I giggled, grabbing Soul’s hand and leading him to the stairs leading down towards the Aquarium space.
 
                “Wow!” I gasped, staring at the large, rainbow coloured fish in front of me. I pressed my hands to the glass as I watched the fish swim around, interacting with one another. My eyes grew wide as I saw an orange, white and black striped fish. “Soul, look! It’s Nemo!” I point towards the fish, a giggle escaping my throat as I leaned against the male beside be, feeling the vibrations caused by his laughing.
                “Wow, mommy, daddy, look! That pretty lady found Nemo!” a small voice shouted, causing me to turn around, smiling as a small boy ran towards the spot beside me. He pressed his hands and face to the glass and gasped, spotting all the pretty fish before turning around, hugging me, “Thanks pretty lady! I’ve been looking for Nemo for a long time!” I laughed, crouching down and hugging the small boy. As he pulled away, I pointed to a larger clown fish.
                “That must be Nemo’s dad!” I laughed as the boy jumped, excited by seeing the fish. Soul laughing, gripping my hand as he pulled me away, shaking his head slightly.
                “Bye bye pretty lady!”
                “Bye bye!” I laughed, slowly pulling Soul over towards where the sharks were located.
                “That kid knows what he’s talking about.” Soul said, staring at the fish we walked by.
                “Hmm? What do you mean?” I asked, curious as we reached the shark’s location.
                “You’re pretty.” Soul stated simply, turning to face the sharks, a light pink dusting his cheeks. My face grew red as I stared at him, unsure what to say. We stayed silent for a few moments, watching as the workers dropped food into the shark tank. The sharks went wild, ripping into the meat. I watched in awe and wonderment.
                “So… that girl you were talking about. Who is she?” I asked suddenly, surprising myself. My hands flew to my mouth, my face growing darker. “I-I mean…”
                “It’s you.” Soul stared at me, his face completely serious. My eyes widened as I stared at him in shock. I bit my lip, looking down towards the floor, trying to sort my thoughts as random words flew around in my mind, confusing me further. Furrowing my brows, I sorted through the words, attempting to form a sentence.
                “Look, I get if you don’t feel the same… just… say something,” Soul whispered, narrowing his eyes as he stared at the sharks in front of us. I looked up, staring at his disheartened face as I held his left hand with both of my hands, leaning up on my tip toes and kissing his cheek. Soul turned to me, surprised as I bit my lip once more, leaning my forehead against his shoulder, tears daring to fall down my cheeks.
                “I-I thought…” I started, my hands slipping from his as I wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my face into his chest. “I thought you liked someone else.” my voice was muffled by his shirt, but I knew he understood when he wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin atop my head.
                “You’re adorable, Y/n.” Soul whispered, causing me to looked up at him, a tear rolling down my right cheek. I stood on my tip toes, placing a kiss on his nose.
                “Soul, I love you.” I smiled, tightening my grip on his shirt. Soul’s face grew a deep red as he stared at me with wide eyes. Embarrassed, he turned his head to the side, covering the lower half of his face with his hand.
                “I love you, too.”