Question 4

She Is My Q&A
New Message
To: [email protected]
Cc Bcc
Chapter: Q&A 04

Shannon entered her room after being dropped off by her manager, a long day after work. She sat on her bed as she scrolled through her instagram feed when she paused.

 

She felt her heart clench, it was a photo of Vernon and herself walking in the cafe hand in hand. She blushed at that sudden memory that happened a few days ago before looking at the caption.

 

'Shannon and Vernon spotted at Dream Bean Coffee Shop' 16/05/01'

 

She felt oddly shocked that people actually followed them when Vernon brought her out. She scrolled down and clicked at the comments.

 

 

'OMG 2NON! I have been waiting for this day!"

 

'Nooooo I think they're just friends, after all Vernon and Somi are perfect."

 

"VERMI! NO 2NON!"

 

"Vernon and Shannon are so cute omfg!!"

 

 

Shannon felt her heart drop at the second comment she read. She thought to herself 'yes, its true we are friends. But why would they include Somi into all of this?'

 

Shannon repeatedly tapped on the back button until it reached the home screen. She shook her head 'I shouldn't be thinking like this. Vernon is my friend; I like him but we just can't..."

 

She had an inner battle with her thoughts as her fingers moved on their own to grab her laptop and to type online; Vernon SEVENTEEN and Jeon Somi.

 

Somi is a good friend of Shannon; despite being in different entertainments and ages they met from Shannon's best friend; Dani. Shannon got along with Somi very well and would always support her with everything.

 

But out of all the people... 'Why Vernon?' Shannon thought as she bit her lip.

 

She looked through the searched sites, when one caught her eye from allkpop.

 

She moved her finger towards the link, and hesitantly clicked on it.

 

The silence was killing her as the page loaded. She looked away for a while tapping on her phone to see if anyone texted her while she's in her own world. But no messages were sent.

 

Her eyes finally locked with the screen as it finally loaded.

 

Shannon sat on her bed as she stared blankly at the screen in front of her.

 

Her fingers moved on the mouse pad as she scrolled down. She sighed as she read the article.

 

 

'NETIZENS SHIP Foreginers SEVENTEEN Vernon and 1.O.1 Somi together!'


 

She closed her laptop after that question, she didn't know that people shipped Vernon with lots of people, especially Somi.

 

She stood up and went to her speakers and plugged in her ipod. She scrolled down the tracklist and clicked on the song.

 

'BTS - Outro: Luv In Skool'

 

She took the remote and turned the volume up before lying down on her bed. Her thoughts miggling everywhere; everything was invading her mind.

 

She bit her lip as her chest started hurting. 'Why does that hurt?' She sighed, only making the sigh shakey then she thought.

 

She had a bad feeling, she didn't know what would happen tomorrow once she'll face Vernon in school, but she knew Somi was in a different school so that would calm down things for her but she didnt know why did she have a heavy feeling in her chest she couldn't get rid of?

 

She leaned back against her bed headboard staring at the white ceiling. Her phone rang as she ignored it for a minute. The ringing continued then stopped, it rang again as Shannon looked to her right and reached for the source of the noise.

 

She clicked the accept button and answered "Hello?"

 

"Shannon."

 

Shannon sat up straight and questioned slight hesitant "Vernon?"

 

"Can I come over?"

 

Shannon was hesitant and suspicious "Why?"

 

What she didn't expect was her heart to thump faster with his unexpected response.

 

"I need you."

 

The silence was killing her. The pair both silent on each phone waiting for a response.

 

Shannon stumbled "W-what?"

 

She could almost hear Vernon's shaky sigh. She could sense that he was upset over something.

 

"Never mind. I'm sorry if I disturbed you."

 

He was about to end the call when Shannon called him out urgently "wait!"

 

She could hear him pause his actions, as if he was waiting for her to continue.

 

Shannon gulped nervously, "Come over, I'll tell Manager Oppa you're coming."

 

She waited for his slow response, "Shannon thank you, I'll be there in 5 minutes."

 

Shannon nodded unconciously as she replied back to the halfer, "Okay, see you soon."

 

Vernon didn't reply after that but ended the call on her.

 

Shannon placed her phone on her lap, as she bit her lip. She looked outside the window 'What is going on?"

 

Q & A

 

She already texted her manager that Vernon was coming over. Her manager texted back 'make sure he is hidden, you don't want a scandal coming your way.'

 

She sighed, its true, sometimes scandals are a bother, they twist words around and make everything worse.

 

Shannon laid on her bed when she heard the door bell ring. She jumped up and ran to the front door, she looked at the panel revealing Vernon's covered face.

 

She clicked open, and the door unlocked.

 

She opened the door to welcome her friend in.

 

Vernon walked in and took off his shoes. He pulled down his face mask, "thanks again Shan."

 

Shannon gave a light blush as he said that nickname to her.

 

She guided him, "lets go to my room, we can talk there."

 

Vernon nodded as he followed Shannon like a lost puppy.

 

As soon as he entered, Shannon left the door wide open so it doesn't seem very awkward. She sat on her fluffy bed and looked at him, "take a seat."

 

Vernon looked around and sat at the edge of the bed facing the wall.

 

Shannon gave a light sigh in concern, she placed her hand on his shoulder as she sat on the edge with him, "Vernon... Are you okay?"

 

Immediately Vernon covered his face with his hands, "everything is so messed up."

 

Shannon stuttered, "Wh-what?"

 

Vernon looked at Shannon straight in the eye, "The CEOs are thinking that Somi and I should date."

 

Shannon felt her heart shatter from those words, "Why?"

 

Vernon shook his head  and turned away "I don't know, maybe more publicy for her group?"

 

He sighed "But I don't want to, and Somi doesn't want to either."

 

Shannon stayed quiet as he continued on "We met in one of the live shows, she told me about this because her CEO told her about this opportunity; she said she'll think about it to him, and told me about it immediately."

 

He looked back at Shannon dead in the eye, "I don't want to date anyone that I can't fall in love with. I don't want a forced relationship, I want a real one."

 

Shannon's face heated as he looked straight into her chocolate eyes, it felt weird for her, him saying that straight at her, almost as if he's saying he wants something from her.

 

Shannon patted Vernon's back, "it'll be okay Vernon, just talk to your CEO about it, after all both Somi and you did disagree to that idea, moreover people won't believe its real anyways."

 

Vernon question, "What do you mean?"

 

Shannon rubbed the nape of her neck, "well for most idols they have to wait till their fouth year to date remember? You are on your second, where as Somi is on her first so most people will know its a fake relationship."

 

Vernon nodded in acknowledgement at Shannon's smart response. Vernon sighed; tired about everything. "Still I don't know."

 

Shannon gave him a small smile, "Just relax and tell your CEO tomorrow about it."

 

Vernon nodded and gave Shannon an unexpected hug, "You are a really great friend Shannon."

 

Shannon smiled, "Thanks I guess."

 

Vernon mumbled as he held her tighter, Shannon questioned, "What did you say?"

 

Vernon pulled away from her and stated, "Call me Hansol."

 

Shannon looked at him confused, "Why?"

 

Vernon sighed at her obliviousness, "nevermind." He stood up from her bed, "Do you have a guest room?"

 

Shannon nodded, "Second door to the left."

 

Vernon nodded, "I'll leave at 4am later."

 

Shannon nodded again, "okay, take care of youself... Goodnight... Hansol."

 

Vernon paused as Shannon said his real name. He turned to her and gave her a smile, "Night Shannon."

 

He left the room as he closed the door and walked into the room Shannon directed him to.

 

Shannon's heart thumped faster as soon as he closed the door. She fell right on to her bed; the scene replaying in her head all over again, again and again.

 

She went to her wardrobe to change into her pajamas before going back into her bed lowering the volume of her music.

 

She thought to herself 'maybe I should ask Somi about this scandal thing tomorrow.' She shook her head trying to not think too much; when one certain moment appeared in hr head.

 

She blushed at the words Vernon mumbled; the words he thought she didn't hear.

 

'You are special to me.'

 

Hahahah I hope this chapter didn't diappoint you all. Lmao I tried sooooo hard to make it interesting but hey this chapter was meant to bring Shannon and Vernon closer so hahahah. And aww 2non is so cute
ilovpocky93 | © | message