Chapter Kyungsoo

Crazy Cat Lady

Esmae rests on her bed with her phone turned sideways, animated scenes flashing across the screen and giving off color and sound. Chen was snuggled on her chest, Chanyeol sitting above her head on the pillow and Baekhyun napping by her feet.

The episode fades to the ending song and credits and Esmae turns her phone off to wipe at her eyes, checking the time by turning it back on and sighing.

"And that's how you waste three hours watching anime. Such great things I teach you guys." She comments and smoothes Chen's fur around his neck. He perks up and melts into the affection when she massages the top of his head with her fingers. He stretches his paws out on one side of her neck until they were right above her pulse, as if she was showing how much she trusted him by knowing he wouldn't claw into her jugular.

Of course, a bond like that required a lot of bonding time, which they've had much of.

Chanyeol rolls on the pillow until his belly was exposed and his tail lands on Esmae's face. She chuckles softly and opens , lips pulling back to cover her teeth, and pretends to bite it. The tail flickers upwards and falls down in the same spot.

Tasting the fur on her tongue, Esmae makes a face and proceeds to try to spit it out, arms wrapping around Chen and setting him down when she sits upwards. She picks her phone up again and starts typing on a new page.

Since there was so much snow the day before, many of the things the couple had wanted to do were put on hold for the day, and they were even thinking for the rest of the Honeymoon. Esmae already had long-term plans, though. She finishes filling out her application and sends it off to determine her fate.

"Alright. Now, what are we going to do today? I was going to suggest a pool trip downstairs, but I only registered one cat and only Chen likes water." She comments and the cats perk up at her voice. Baekhyun stretches and stands up, trotting to the end of the bed. Esmae puts a hand out and he rubs his face against it.

Esmae bites her lip and ponders something over several times.

"I suppose I need to put up posters for you guys. I'm sure you don't have collars for no reason," She kneels by the bed and Baekhyun sits down, his collar dangling, "But all of them are the same - tag, font and all. If Chen didn't have an owner all those years ago, who would probably be the same as your's, then is there even one?"

Baekhyun meows and brings his but into the air so he's standing again, head-butting Esmae in the face. She scrunches up her expression and spits when hair gets stuck to . Chanyeol yawns and stretches out on the bed, his feet expanding before he relaxes. Chen jumps on her shoulders and Esmae sighs as he settles down.

"So...pool, posters, anime - how about I teach you all English?" She suddenly asks and Chanyeol makes an odd growling noise in response and Esmae laughs, "Or we can just keep being lazy. Actually, I have an idea."

She stands up and Chen hangs on until she squats to let him down. She goes over to the suitcase and pulls out an assortment of cat clothes to keep the others warm in the weather. After wrestling with a giddy Chanyeol, Baekhyun takes his time to pick out the most fashionable in the options and Chen goes with it as usual. She pulls her jacket around her and Baekhyun settles in her hood while Chen fits in the bag and Chanyeol sits in a sweatshirt Esmae had with his cat hoodie on and over his ears. The sweatshirt acted like a kangaroo pouch and he was enjoying it.

They visit a few realtor places and start choosing apartments despite the snowstorm around them. When she walked into the first office they questioned her cats.

"Because I couldn't leave them behind!" She exclaims and they take her information and what she was looking for. She requests an apartment with a fair amount of space in a building that allowed at least three cats. They set up a price range and let her go so they could do some research.

On her way back to the hotel they spot something that looked like a ferret trying to bounce through the snow. It ducks behind a trash can when a particularly strong gust of wind blows through and Chanyeol perks up, meowing loudly. He jumps out and Chen forces his face through the top of the bag to see what was up. Baekhyun climbs on her shoulder and she lets him down, knowing where this was going.

"At least three cats indeed." She mutters and makes haste to where the two cats were diverting their attention. Chanyeol looks back at her and his mouth opens, but the wind blows the sound away. Either way, Esmae crouches and sets Chen down, who remains visible through the seam of the bag. The creature curls under the combined warmth of Chanyeol and Baekhyun on either side of it and Esmae's expression softens.

It was so adorable. The mixture of calico and munchkin was perfect, and it's short legs compared to it's body size was what confused her. Baekhyun's tail flickers and Chanyeol meows when Esmae reaches for the new cat's tag to see it's name - no surprise that the collar was the same.

"Kyungsoo, huh? Alright. Let's get you out of this cold."

She dips her shoulder down for Baekhyun, who climbs back into her hood, and picks Kyungsoo up carefully, placing him in the pouch, "I'm going to need more pockets or a warmer climate."

Chanyeol, with his long legs, trots behind them as they get back to the hotel. He casually follows her into the elevator and the two people in it with her give her confused looks, so she replies with a bright smile. The doors open with a ding and they step out. She fishes for the key card when they reach their door and enter the room. Chanyeol shakes his head and the hood falls off. He jumps on the bed and sits down, meowing impatiently. Esmae sets Chen and the bag down on the bed as well and lets Baekhyun jump down onto the mattress.

"Alright, Kyungsoo. I'm going to guess you know the others. That seems to be a pattern here. You appeared at a very good time, because I'm going to get a bigger space for all of us. How many cats am I going to be expecting?" She asks Chen and the cat jumps out of his bag to meow a reply, "Awesome. That helped."

"Anyway, I'm going to guess that you eat human food and can use the toilet, so nothing really has changed I guess," She continues, pursing her lips in thought before shaking it off and picking up the phone for food, "Aish, my life is normal."

The rest of the day is spent cooing over Kyungsoo short legs and getting his annoyed meows in reply, to which she laughs and apologizes for. He proves to be quite a squishy and terrifying force, though. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were having some sort of conversation in cat language and he almost murdered Baekhyun with a particularly evil glare.

With rice and kimchi for dinner, Esmae nods and feeds Chen a piece of cabbage with a nod.

"Yep. Normal."