Chapter Baekhyun

Crazy Cat Lady

Turns out Chanyeol was just like Chen. He used the toilet, was very vocal, and ate from the same platter she ordered on room service for herself and Chen. She even had to go as far as getting another helping of soup when Chanyeol stuck his face straight into the bowl and proceeded to lap it up. It should've been weird for cats to eat from the same spoon as her, but she gave that up years ago.

She was becoming the crazy cat lady her friends used to joke about.

Chen swatted at Chanyeol when she changed in front of them, and, afterwards, the bigger cat seemed to hide in shame. They were so human that it made her laugh, but she had to get up early the next morning. Chen snuggled into bed with her as always, and Chanyeol dived deep inside the covers and purred with content.

 

The couple met her with the rest of the tour. They arrived at Cheongwadae, which was the official residence of the president of South Korea. They reserved and paid for the official tour. Pets weren't allowed, so she left Chanyeol and Chen back at the hotel. She'd pick them up later.

After the tour, Chanyeol followed behind and Chen rode in the bag as Esmae accompanied the couple through the markets. They bought from the taffy vendors and Esmae bought rice cakes for the three of them. She translated requests of food for the couple and helped with directions.

When snow started blowing in around dinner time, so the couple went back to the hotel, but the three friends decided to stay behind to enjoy the market place.

Chanyeol was lagging behind lethargically, so Esmae picks him up and coddles him as they walk. He purrs in content and Chen grumbles in the bag when her attention is placed somewhere else. Esmae giggles and pats the side of the bag to calm him down, but scratches under Chanyeol's chin.

"Ah, don't worry about him. He's not used to anyone else being around us," Esmae comments and they start the walk back to the hotel, refusing to hitch a ride earlier, but now the snow was coming down heavily. Esmae tucks her coat around Chanyeol as they trudge along in the sudden bitter wind, "I hope you weren't planning on walking around through all this for a while."

Chanyeol peeps his face from the collar of the jacket to look around, only to meow and tuck back inside. Chen uneasily shifts in the bag and Esmae puts it down on the sidewalk to let him adjust before she picks the strap up again.

"Come on, you two." She mumbles and braces herself when a gust of wind blows the snow into her face. With one arm under Chanyeol in her jacket, she was left vulnerable to the weather, and other things as well.

Her only warning is a loud meow when something white attacks her with an impressive leap towards her head. It attaches to the hood of her jacket and Esmae sets the bag down as easily as she can, trying to hold Chanyeol up while defending herself. Chen paws at the bag until he can rip the zipper open and Chanyeol slips out from inside her jacket, stiffening at the sudden cold when he lands on his feet.

Esmae puts her hands to the back of her head, where an animal was trying to claw at her courageously. Nails sink into the skin of her hands where they protected her neck, and then Chen's jumping up to defend her, two creatures perched on her shoulders. She hears Chen's hiss and the cat suddenly jumps off and into the forming snow drifts. Looking up in confusion, a stunning white cat sat casually, his tail flicking amonst the settling snow flakes.

"What just happened?" Esmae breathes out, slowly releasing the back of her neck to examine her hands quickly, then looking at Chen where he landed, looking smug, "Do you know all the cats in Korea?"

Chen meows and stands on all his legs to trot back over to the bag. Chanyeol pounces over to the new cat and his tail whips back and forth playfully. The bigger cat starts to prance around with enthusiasm and the white cat watches with an odd human quality to his eyes.

Staying cautious, Esmae remains kneeling as she inches closer to the white cat and spots the matching collar, slipping her fingers under the tag to read the name.

"Baekhyun?" She asks and he tilts his head in response, "Why do you all have the same collar? Did your owner move and leave you all behind?"

Baekhyun meows indignantly, as if he was protesting. Knowing Chen and Chanyeol, Esmae puts her hands up in surrender to show she meant no harm.

"Alright. You have no owner. You're a free cat." She corrects herself and Baekhyun nods in agreement - or so it looked like - before following Chanyeol with a prideful aura. Esmae sighs and looks over the three of them in front of her, Chen calm as he watches her with his soothing green eyes.

"I'm taking you all with me, aren't I?"

 

The snow only gets heavier as the night plunders on, but the warm hotel room remains their safe haven. Sensing how all the cats were alike, Esmae orders two servings of rice and noodles for dinner, letting Chanyeol and Baekhyun scarf one down by themselves as she herself shares with Chen. She lifts up a few noodles with her chopsticks and Chen bites into one, pulling back to haphazardly get into his mouth as usual.

Cats weren't the cleanest eaters.

Chen's tail curls back and forth and Esmae watches it as she pokes around in the noodles, lifting some up for herself and letting them hang from to slurp up as she recalls the last time...

She chews the noodles and gets off the bed to rummage through the suit case. Chen his mouth clean and perks his head up to watch her as she pulls out a bottle with a traslucent orange solution inside. Chen makes a growl-meow sound and rises to his feet, his tail flickering side to side in the air as he prepares himself to be picked up. Esmae walks over to him and swings an arm underneath his belly, lifting him into the air. Chaneyol pulls his face out of the bowl to watch, Baekhyun using this distraction to eat what the larger cat left behind.

"You know what's coming up." Esmae comments as she turns the light on in the bathroom and sets Chen down, whom jumps on the edge of the tub and prances along the porcelain before sitting down. Esmae sets the orange bottle down and leaves again to pick up her swim suit, changing in the bathroom quickly since Chen didn't appreciate Chanyeol seeing her earlier.

The water is warm as she runs the faucet, only filling the tub up just enough to cover Chen's legs when he hops inside. By this time, Chanyeol and Baekhyun wandered into the bathroom to see what was happening. They flinch at the sight of the water, but watch as Esmae kneels in the tub and cups the water in her hands to pour over Chen's back. The other cat seems to bask in Emsae's attention as she pours a dollap of the shampoo on Chen's fur and begins to rub it in. his currly hair turns white from the miniscule bubbles and he purrs from his massage.

"Still not sure why you enjoy this so much." Esmae mutters as she cups more water to rinse the soap out slowly. Chen rubs against her knees with affection and she stands up when he's done, stepping out onto the floor mat and pulling a towel off the rack. Chen hops onto the edge and almost slips off the side, but Esmae catches him in the towel and he brings his arms around her neck, claws lightly sinking into her skin. In this position, Esmae rubs the towel over his body and dries him off. Once she's fluffed him up enough, she looks at the other two and sets Chen down, letting him escape from under the towel.

"Hmm...I wonder who's next." She says to herself before scooping Chanyeol up and smelling his fur. She pulls back with a face and holds him carefully in her arms as she slowly lowers herself into the tub again. Chanyeol struggles slightly and gives off a loud meow.

"Oh, shhh. It's alright." Esmae soothes him and she lowers him into the water. His claws come out and he arches his body up to keep the water away, but she already cups some in her palm and pours it over him. He meows extra loud in protest and tries to escape by climbing up the wall, perching his front paws on the small platform for the soap and finding that he couldn't get out this way, but giving Esmae the perfect angle to access the rest of his fur.

He looks over his shoulder and meows at Chen pitifully, as if asking a question, but Chen bites the towel left behind as if mocking him and sits down to wait. Baekhyun prances over when Esmae begins lathering the soap into his fur, having to grab him several times to keep him from jumping out. When he picks up the other side of the towel, Esmae looks at him and chuckles.

"You do know you're next, right?" She asks and he drops the towel to run away. Esmae gasps and looks at Chen, "Get him!"