Chapter 5

House of Cards

-few years ago-

Pushing past his limits he went over and over the so well know choreography. His body was aching, drenched in sweat; he was hungry, too. The boy knew all too well the consequences of overworking himself, yet he kept on going as if nothing else mattered in this world but practice.

"Ji-min~" A yellowish brown haired head poked in, then followed a slim body. The person watched Jimin collapse on the floor and chuckled. "Knew I was going to find you here~"

"Hyuuuung~~~" After what looked like eternity Jimin rose his body from the floor and rushed towards the other, about to hug him, but was unsuccessful.

"Ew." The older avoided the hug and scrunched his nose, the doe-like eyes fluttering shut from disgust. "You stink and I do not wish to drown in your sweat."

"Jin hyung, you're such a princess~~~" Jimin teased but then his eyes spotted a takeout bag in the older's hands and the younger boy's eyes sparkled, his stomach grumbling to remind him he needed to eat. "Waaaa, you brought food~~~"

"M-hm~" Jin hummed in response and shook his head, seeing the dancer boy act all jumpy and cute. "Though no need to thank me, I didn't buy it."

"Eh? I wonder who could be of such big and generous heart enough to buy me delicious treat, not to mention have you as a company~" Jimin practically sang out, nodding to himself when another man walked into the room, carrying two more takeout bags. "Yup, knew it~~~"

"I should scold you instead for not picking up our calls." Namjoon pointed out but it was more of a concerned notice than anything negative. "Let's eat until it gets cold."

Jimin grabbed his bag and sat on the bench by the wall, digging in right away. He tried to ignore the other two men, not because they were annoying or he wasn't happy to have them keeping his company, but because they made him feel what he tried to push away by dancing himself out.

Namjoon sat on the bench, pulling Jin on his lap. The so called 'princess' blushed and then nuzzled in the other's neck.

"Are you going to feed me, Joonie~~~?" Jin asked, his fingers doodling on Namjoon's cheek; his eyes lovingly looking up at the man he adored to no ends.

"Silly, stop drooling over my new T-shirt." The slightly younger man replied in a teasing manner and pecked Jin's lips, ever so lightly ghosting his tongue over the corner in question. He then pulled back and chuckled at the beautiful sight.

Jin had his lips slightly parted, his doe-like eyes glistening with lust, his cheeks tinted in pretty pink and his Adam's apple more prominent than usual as he tried to steady his breathing. Namjoon could swore he would devour Jin right away, if Jimin was not there. He instead picked up some food with his chopsticks and easily slid the delicious treat in between Jin's parted lips. And regretted it right away, because the sight of Jin slowly chewing and swallowing the dumpling while keeping his lustful expression on, was one of the most sights Namjoon has ever seen.

Jimin coughed, feeling somewhat awkward and even jealous. While he was one of the most if not the most popular between women and men, while he had many partners and was content with his life, he secretly longed for someone who would love him as much as Namjoon and Jin loved each other. There was one person he had his eyes on, but he was not sure that person would like him back.

"By the way." Jin finally spoke out, trying to shake off the , at least for now. "I asked Hoseok to join us here, because once me and Namjoon leave, we don't want you to be here all alone again."

"You-you did...huh..." It really was all Jimin could speak under his breath; his heart rapidly beating and his face turning slightly paler than usual. There was no ing way those two had just invited the person he wanted to see the least right now. "I see."

"Look, we know you value your time with yourself, we understand that. But we also know your tendency to dance yourself into oblivion. There is no way we can let you spend another night in this studio." Namjoon's tone was somewhat fatherly and seeing Jimin's shoulders sink lower, he decided to use the last resort, which he knew was going to work wonders. "I noticed Hoseok hiding new pack of pills the last time I visited him. If we want him to stop until something really bad happens, we need to be by his side as much as possible. This could be a good distraction to him."

The dancer boy hated Joon for being right. He hated himself too, for wanted to see Hoseok, even if it meant he was not gonna be okay for god knows how long. Yet he more than anyone in this world wanted their friend to stop using the nothing good bringing drug. He knew Hoseok was a super bright person around his friends, hiding his demons inside him. Only once Jimin was able to reveal a tiny bit of the pain the other kept in his heart, by pretending he was drunk and letting Hoseok spill out all he wanted. He still remembered the words his friend said then; words that made him cry silently when the other was not watching. To Jimin those words were one of the most painful things he has ever heard in his life, and they were not even directed to him. How must have Hoseok felt, being on the receiving end? His shaky breathy voice still ringed deep in Jimin's memories.

"She called me a horse, a nothing worthy man ... Do you know how that feels when the one that gave birth to you calls you that, instead of trying to be understanding towards your uality?"

 

 

A/n. Hello people~~~~  HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR!!!!

Thank you for subscribers and silent readers~ As I said, chapters are getting slightly longer and this one has reached 1k!!!! Yay~~~~ Thank you all for support and I hope to see a few more comments, just to know what you guys think, and I kinda need something to keep me motivated (though BTS themselves are a good everyday motivator ^^; )