Chapter 2

House of Cards

Park Jimin looked at the nurse with his best bed stare and the girl blushed in the deepest shade of pink. Then he leaned in and whispered to be a very - he emphasized the word very in his super husky voice - good patient for the remaining time he is staying here, if only she could let him go see his friend without telling anyone. Obviously the nurse could only nod, still shaken by the beast this at first look cute boy had inside him, hidden from sight.

Jimin grinned and grabbed the biggest pillow, cast a glance at the mirror, disheveled his hair even more and ventured out of his room. The destination he was heading to was too well known to him and he could swear that even tied and shackled and blindfolded he would find a way to his friend's room. Giggling at his own dirty thoughts - they were not that dirty, more like his mind was making it look as such - he approached the room he was eager to enter and knocked.

Hoseok was lying in his bed, too deep in his own thoughts. He hated the IV drip too much, yet he knew it was his own fault for trying to take his own life. Yes, he maybe took too much of those pills. Okay, he was not supposed to take any of them. However, his life was so full of ups and downs, and the recent happening sent him to the lowest level. He simply couldn't take it anymore. Thus he overdosed. He obviously felt not okay, and the next morning, all dizzy and barely aware of his surroundings he wandered the streets until his body gave away and he collapsed on the pavement. It was all but a blurry memory to the man, he knew most of it thanks to Jimin and the nurses.

"Ho-seok-kie~" Jimin drawled out in a teasing way and the other nearly jumped. This was the third time this week that the other appeared in his room without a warning, ready to have a pillow fight.

"You scared the out of me, Park Jimin." The man grumbled and sat up. "Well, at least I have an excuse to take out that piece of trash."

"You mean IV drip?" Jimin arched his eyebrow, amusement evident in his face. The other two times he visited his friend at day time. But today was a special day and he just wanted to be not disturbed, especially by those noisy nurses. "It saved your life, you know..."

"Whatever." Hoseok pulled out the cord attached to the small tube in his vein and grabbed his pillow. "Aren't we gonna play?"

"Actually, I want to sleep together tonight." Jimin said, all of a sudden smiling in such a warm way that Hoseok thought of shutting his eyes to avoid the burning brightness the other radiated.

"Why?" He simply asked, not that he really minded.

"Because I miss sleeping with you. Just cuddling and talking until we fall asleep." Jimin simply stated, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, though his voice gave away the longing and need to feel the other's presence.

"Come here then." Hoseok smiled today for the first time and waited for the boy to get in. Soon he wrapped his arms around the other's muscular body, pulling him in close and nuzzling in his hair. "How do you still keep your body in shape?"

"I work out, unlike you." Jimin teased but snuggled even closer into the older man's chest. The warmth of Hoseok's body and the closeness the two had under one blanket was all the younger needed to start crying in small whimpers.

The older understood everything and simply rocked him gently, whispering sweet words in Jimin's ear and cooing him gently, ensuring his friend of always staying by his side no matter what. He could have apologized, but they both did sinful deeds, they both wanted to leave this world not even thinking of others, so he simply let the other boy cry, reminiscing of the day when things were still going so well.

 

"Yah, are you sure you can handle it, Jin~?" Jimin teased the oldest boy and got a cute pout in return. Everyone in the room laughed and Jin pouted even more.

"Namjooon, Minie is teasing me~~~" He looked with his teary eyes at Namjoon who could barely hold himself back, he wanted so badly to pull Jin into a tight embrace and kiss him senseless. Well, not in front of the other boys, thus he did his best to simply pat the adorable - and oldest - boy on the head and sent a glare towards Jimin.

"Sorry~" Jimin laughed as he obviously was not sorry, and everyone knew that. The boy jumped into Hoseok's lap and nuzzled in his neck. "Darling~ You are not gonna go instead of Jin to get that girl for Taetae, are you?" Now was Jimin's turn to pout.

" ..." Hoseok choked on air and took a few deep breaths before regaining his composure. "Yeah, I'll let Jin man up so you can rest assured."

"Yay~"

 

Those were wonderful days and Hoseok wished they could ever go back to those times, but... Things were not that simple anymore, not that simple.

 

END OF CHAPTER 2.

 

A/n. WAO, thank you all subscribers and those who commented. I hope you like this chapter, once again, sorry for it being so short and I hope I didn't fail... few more short chapters and we are going to get deeper in this mess ^^;