White Puppy

Novelist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: White Puppy

“Argh.” She raked her fingers through her hair and brushed it into a loose ponytail, revealing her delicate facial features. An oval-shaped face with high cheekbones, small nose, tiny lips and sharp jawline. Even without makeup, her complexion was flawless. 

She leaned back against the chair, twirling a pen between her fingers. “I’m completely stuck.” Moonbyul drew her head back, with eyes fixed on the ceiling.

“This is so bad.” She groaned as ran out of inspirations. Frustrated, she crumpled a piece of paper into a ball and tossed it backwards. She continued sketching while balancing a pen in between her upper lips and pointy nose, fooling around a little.

Knock! Knock! “Jagga-nim!” She heard a familiar voice coming from outside her doorstep. Surprised, she dropped her pen on the floor. The sudden appearance of her assistant made the writer panicked. 

Moonbyul’s dry eyes scanned quickly around her messy room. The huge amount of crumpled papers lying on the floor, was too terrifying for her assistant to see. She hugged the bin up when an arm, another busy picking up the balls of papers fast "at the speed of light". She didn’t want to be reprimanded by her again.

“Jagga-nim?” Her assistant knocked on the door once again. “I'm in deep trouble.” Moonbyul perspired in sweats. Her back was aching from all those bendings. Unfortunately, the amount of junks didn’t seem to decrease. “Jagga-nim!” Wheein's ringing voice was pressurizing her.

“Bless me.” Moonbyul muttered as she gave up clearing up the mess. Instead, she went to open the door for wheein but there was still a gate that needs to be unlock. "Hi." The writer greeted awkwardly. 

"Jagga nim." Wheein pointed at the gate emotionlessly, as she had a bad feeling about this. 

"I'll go find it!" 

She stood there, looking at her unnie rummaging all around the house, in search for her little key. “Hey, give me a second! I’m still finding-“ Moonbyul felt like she was looking for a needle in a haystack as her house was a huge mess.

"She must have lost the key again." The assistant thought to herself, shivering in cold. Time felt like it was passing excruciatingly slow especially while waiting in a harsh weather like that, dressed in a simple pullover and sweatpants. The cold, dry wind blew against her pale face. The winter season was about to begin.

“Unnie, step back! I'm just gonna break my way in.” Wheein shouted as she prepares to break the rusty gate open. She was desperate, as she just couldn’t stand the cold anymore. She felt like she was gonna freeze to death if she waited any longer. So she stepped back a little, and took a deep breath in, “On the count of three!” She exclaimed.

“Gosh I’m so screwed.” Moonbyul didn't heard anything as she was so distracted with her task on hand.

At last, the writer spotted the key sandwiched between the piles of papers. “Found it!”  She quickened her pace and proceeded to unlock the gate standing between them. “Done!” Moonbyul pulled the steel gate opened, letting out a smile of relief. “3!” Wheein who still had her eyes closed, dashed towards the gate with all she's got. 

“Argh!” Wheein forcefully clashed into the defenseless lady “?” She opened up her eyes, staring at the writer who was curling on the floor. “Jagga nim, what are you doing?” She sounded confused.

“Wheein-ah…” The writer groaned as she struggles to lift herself back up, off the floor.

“I’m sorry.” Wheein bit her lips, clasping her hands together as she realised what had actually happened. “Shall I make you some breakfast?” Wheein quickly entered the kitchen, changing the topic.

“Well well well, let me see what you’ve got in your fridge.” She paused a moment before continuing, “Erm…” It took less than a second to roam through the empty fridge. “There's only some eggs, carrots and kimchi. Well, at least i can make some kimchi pancakes out of these.”  She shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

“Then I shall go out for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter