Chapter 6 : Insanity

Promises (A SasuHina)

The doctors words seemed to revolve around in her head but she was unable to process it.

"No baby?" she softly whispered, hands dropping to her sides before her face softened almost as if defeated.

They were all telling her that she wasn't pregnant, had never been pregnant but how could they have known?

How could they feel how she had felt?

Her baby was there, it had to be.

Her gazed sharpened as she lifted her head with a slight smirk on her face, "I am not going back with you."

She wanted him to hurt the same way that he had hurt her over and over again these last couple months.

She wanted him to suffer the same way she had.

The pain and rejection was clearly evident on his face as he tried to take a step closer to her but she declined him with a raised hand.

"Hinata, I need you," he voiced brokenly, the image would be ingrained into her memory for as long as she lived as her eyes traced his face.

"Never the same way you need Sakura right?" she laughed bitterly, almost hollowly as tears cascaded down her face against her will.

"Sakura?" he whispered before finally realizing what this was all about, realization finally dawned on his face.

She thought he was cheating on her with Sakura Haruno.

"God, Hinata." he whispered out, hands tiredly rubbing his face and trying to clear the tears in his eyes.

What has become of them?

"Don't you remember how much I hated Sakura since high school till now? How could I cheat on you with her of all people? Don't you remember, Hinata?" he murmured as his callused fingers caressed her protruding cheekbones.

"Sakura may still want me but, Hinata, the only person I would ever want is you. It has always been you." he breathed out, unsure of how else he could assure her of his words.

He would never cheat on her.

She will always be his first choice no matter who disagreed or ridiculed him. He would fight the whole world over to have her by his side again.

She trembled under his touch and he couldn't help but notice how much more skinny and pale his Hinata had become now, so very tiny and frail in front of him compared to the beautiful and voluptuous her before.

Had he done this to her?

"Bu-but the pink hairs! Look it's all over your shirt!" she cried and picked one from his dress shirt to display it to him.

His mouth was glued shut as he felt sorrow consume him, once again feeling helpless with the situation even though he wanted to assure his wife and comfort her from her own mind.

Hinata turned to the nurse and held out her findings, the evidence of his cheating clear in her palms, "you don't see it?"

"See what Mrs. Uchiha?" the nurse asked rather cautiously, staring at the young mistress' fingers but seeing nothing other than alabaster skin and delicate hands.

"The pink hair!" she cried hysterically, dainty brows arched in frustration as she spun around to the doctor and holding out the hairs.

"Th-there is no pink hair, Mrs. Uchiha." the nurse cried alarmed at the strangeness of the hallucinating mistress.

Hinata's legs felt numb as she fell back onto the bed, feeling emotionally drained for the first time as her brain tried to catch up with reality.

"Mr. Uchiha I think it would be best if we let Mrs. Uchiha rest for now while we discuss some things," the doctor said, leading Sasuke out of the room as the nurse ushered her back into the bed and this time she complied.

She laid back into the bed when the nurse fixed the IV, blue eyes watching her prone form on the bed before leaving the suffocating room.

Hinata glanced at the door as she listened to every single word that the doctor said, no longer able to fight back with reality closing in.

"Sleeping narcotics have always had good effects on people but a small select few will have adverse effects such as hallucinations, nightmares and other diverse symptoms. Which in Mrs. Uchiha's case is what happened." the doctor stated, watching Sasuke's face as realization set in for the second time today.

"From the test we were able to find large trace amounts of the sleeping drug, benzodiazepines, in Mrs. Uchiha's blood. Has she been taking this drug for a long period of time?" the doctors voice seeped through the doors as she closed her eyes, begging her brain to shut down and stop her thoughts.

Yes.

Every single day for the last couple months she had been having trouble sleeping and staying asleep due to all of the nightmares that would consume her every time she closed her eyes.

Sasuke breathed in deeply, hands trembling as he raked through his hair tiredly.

He never heard her talk about going to the doctor or even seeing her take any medication when he was around her.

Truthfully he couldn't remember, most of the time when they went to sleep Hinata was always laying next to him, eyes closed before he fell asleep so he would assume that she would be sleeping just as much as he was.

"I-I don't really know," he finally replied.

God, he sounded like such a horrible husband.

Hinata breathed in a choking gasp, silent tears streaking down her face while delicate fingers trembled as she held them against trying to muffle her sobs.

So all along she had been hallucinating.

Sasuke had never cheated on her.

She was just turning into a constricting crazy b*tch.

God, what has she done?

.

.

.


A/N : I know someone that had the same problem with sleeping medication so be careful if you are taking it for insomnia. Two updates in a row, how do you like me now? ;)