Chapter 2 : Existence

Promises (A SasuHina)

Chapter 2 : Existence

It was officially past twelve o'clock when she started packing, her small hands working diligently with fervor, eyes straining against the darkness. Long black hair glinted in the moonlight from the open window to her left, her face pale and sickly while her dry lips pursed in annoyance.

Messily she threw the rest of her clothing into the small sack before she zipped it shut and stood with ease.

The cold from outside was seeping into the walls and the sound of the rain pitter pattered by an outside window, each drop resounding into the emptiness of the home.

Hugging herself tightly she gripped the sack and made way towards the door and with that, she felt triumphant. That was, until the door slammed open and a man stumbled inside.

Absentmindedly he looked up and stared at her, his handsome face tilted upwards, a look of recognition making way onto his face.

His back slouched slightly to the left, hand gripping the door handle, his weight pressed heavily against the oaken door, to which creaked from the pressure.

It seemed to the woman a whole decade before he took a hesitant step forward and ended up plummeting onto the white marble floor.

The small sack in her hand had slipped from her grasp and made a thump on the ground before the room went deadly quiet.

She was determined to leave this house. But when she saw his confused expression, her heart felt as if someone gripped it with closed palms, forcing her palpitations to slow and come to a stop.

She had to leave, she told herself, murmuring with such a hesitant expression on her pale face.

She had to get away. No Matter What.

She took one step forward, hesitantly before taking one back. Unable to hold herself back from going to his side.

What part of her loved him? Was it the beating heart or her foolish brain?

"Hinata, you have to keep going, don't let anymore of this fool you!" Hinata murmured to herself as she bent to retrieve the baggage that she dropped.

Her fingers deftly grasped the bag before letting go of it, eyebrows wrinkled in confusion.

What should she do? Why was she so indecisive?

It seemed like there was an invisible force that was drawing her to him. Her whole body wanted to go to him and yet her head was the only thing holding her back.

And somehow during the battle, it had lost in the end to her heart.

-xxxxxxxxxxx-

Three long and agonizing weeks had slowly drifted by without her notice, her sorrow and disappointment was the only company she had whenever he would leave from morning to dawn the next day.

Sometimes, she forgot how long it was ago before she saw his face and she held dearly onto those last threads of her sanity, reminiscing his handsome face, his musky scent and the warmth of his presence.

Opalescent eyes no longer held that sparkle of happiness, only filled with sorrow and anguish. Her heart was a fool, she knew that but she couldn't let it go, couldn't let him go because she was so foolishly in love with him no matter how deeply he had hurt her.

Her decision had gnawed at her insides, melted her turmoil and extinguished her hope the longer she tried to hold onto him.

She was drowning in the bed that she had made, drowning helplessly and hopelessly with no way to crawl back out of the mess he had created.

Oh how she wished that she had the will to walk away, to leave him and go back to her family.

They had been right about him. Neji-nii and father had been right and it hurt her resolve to admit it.

Sasuke Uchiha would do nothing more than tear her heart up into shreds with a dull knife, digging deeper and deeper until she bled freely from horrid wounds of their so called "love".

He had changed, she was assured of that.

She didn't hold his love nor his affections anymore.

No, she laughed bitterly, a certain pink haired colleague had took that away from her, ripped it ruthlessly, mercilessly all the while laughing in her face with demeaned accomplishments.

Her fingers curled into a fist as she tossed the little plastic stick away from her, the two marks already giving way to the tears as they streamed down in rivulets against porcelain cheeks, pale, sickly, sullen.

Three more was thrown forcefully onto the tiled floor of her clean bathroom, her safety space to get away from Sasuke now had turn into her own horrible nightmare.

Bringing the last stick upwards before she broke down onto the cold tiled floors, sobs wracking her petite form.

Pregnant.

That one word reverberated through her whole being and Hinata's heart and head felt numb for the first time in a while.

Why... Why couldn't she had been pregnant when he still loved her with his whole being?

Why now when she was about to walk out on them? Did the gods want to ruin her?

Hinata laid her head onto her knees, trembling fingers curling around the plastic pregnancy test, tears wetting her dark gown, leaving her hair sopping wet against her flushed cheeks.

She was defeated.

She was terrified.

She was pregnant.

-------------------------

Dun-da-dun-dun. How about that for drama?

Let me know how you feel about this chapter :) next chapter is coming soon :) I just got a job working at a convenience store so the timing is a bit hard to try to write another chapter up so please be patient with me! :)

Thank you everyone for reading and supporting. ;)