Ride to Office

Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

//vmin and or vkook in the beginning but taegi in the end

 

Taehyung just moved into his new workplace. He was living outside the town, so he had to find a dorm or apartment near the office. He got one that only took 5 minutes of walk, not much energy to waste in the early morning. He liked to walk after all, he could inhale the fresh air and got to look around the environment. He just realised that it was pretty much empty there and kind of spooky since there was almost no lighting on the street he had to go through everyday. He was alone and easily got scared. He hoped he wouldn't get any overtime work so he could leave his desk before evening.

As a newbie and pretty much an introvert, it wasn't easy for him to be close with anybody. Except one person that shared the same title as the new guy. He quickly got comfortable around Jungkook, who was two years younger than him. Both of them got accepted at the same time and got trained in a same team, so they learned everything together. 

The team leader was a 2 year senior named Park Jimin. He too, was quite comfortable with the two newbies. He would slip some jokes in the middle of the boring training that made the two youngsters had to suppress their laugh. Their manager would occasionally take a glance at them, mentally giving them score. When they were caught giggling and even munching on chips, the manager would give them threatening glare and purposely cleared his throat. That was the first warning from the infamous Kim Seokjin. 

Jungkook and Taehyung were deskmate. Jungkook might be younger than Taehyung, but he was way more opened up to people. He was always smiling, showing off his cute bunny teeth. He would pout when somebody made a joke about him, even though he knew they didn't really mean it. He would turn serious once he did all the works, narrowing his eyes, facing his laptop. Sometimes when he was confused he would ask Taehyung first, if the latter also had no idea then Jimin was their only hope.

Taehyung was a slow learner. He couldn't easily grasp the point and always put on his blank face. He was also not too active to ask questions, all he did only kept silent until the other made him spoke first. And shyly he would admit that he did a wrong calculation on the previous works. All the team's eyes were on him and they couldn't hide their shock expression. Seokjin's eyes even made it into the biggest and his face was red from the anger. Jimin tried to give the manager a tiny reason of why Taehyung did that. Jungkook only bit his bottom lip and shut his eyes tightly, he was afraid if Seokjin would explode right there and he couldn't do anything to help his deskmate. 

In the end, Taehyung barely escaped from the nightmare of Kim Seokjin but with one condition. He had to report everything directly to the said manager, and Jimin wasn't allowed to answer any of his question. 

Well, it was better than he got kicked out of the team, wasn't it?

 

 

Jimin was moving into his new apartment, about 15 minutes from the office. He didn't want to live alone there, so he offered Jungkook and Taehyung to stay with him. Not in that meaning of course, he just wanted a company, a friend to talk with. Jungkook refused it because his house was near the office and he had no reason to move. To sometimes sleepover was fine but not to stay. His mother would scold him to waste her cooking only for staying with his friends. 

So, Jungkook was out of the list. Now moved to Taehyung. He was going to turn down the offer because he already paid for his apartment for a month ahead. Even though he also added that he was scared of the lack of lighting on the road and was lonely. Jimin encouraged him to take the chance for three good reasons: 1) both of them hated to be alone, 2) Jimin had a car, and 3) Taehyung didn't have to pay anything except for his own meals. Tempting it was. And Jimin didn't need to wait for the answer when Taehyung almost immediately said yes! and grinned innocently. 

That was it. Taehyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter